increasing my dream magic repertoire

ok so i became lucid last night and did the usual. i flew. i found it kind of annoying because i wasn’t as good at flying as i normally am and the harder i tried i started to float back to the ground

i relaxed and essentially just let myself fly (ie didn’t try so hard) and i picked back up in the air. i wanted to try something else though because flying was the only dream magic i can do (besides controlling dream characters) and i figured it was time to branch out

i tried sticking my finger through my hand which felt really weird, it almost kinda hurt. (i had never been able to stick my finger through my hand before though i only attempted it once) i noticed it was the same case with flying, i could only do it when i wasn’t trying (it’s kinda hard to explain)

after a couple successful attempts at putting my finger through my hand i decided to try to stick it through a tree. that didn’t work at all. so i went inside this house that was there and tried to conjure up a girl. it didn’t work, and i tried not trying, but i don’t think my heart was really in it.

i walked around and i looked outside and i thought i saw somebody who looked like the girl i was trying to conjure up but when she looked at me it was somebody different.

you can use your imagination for how that dream ended, but yeah, i think this “not trying” is the key shrug

Try not to want it too much.
Keep focusing on what you want to do.
And a tip for flying,Insted of you moveing around the world,Try to move the world around you.You can get tons of speed and its not as hard as you would think. :yinyang:

What a GREAT idea. I never thought of trying that! :smile:

This is how I start.
Everybody saw Vanilla Sky, when he’s in his dream and starts running.

I do this to untill I have maximum speed (faster then light I think)
and jump into the air. Then I have the ability to fly as fast as neo
in the matrix reloaded :content:

Everybody? Darn, can I buy the movie somewhere?

You haven’t seen it?
It’s a movie related to lucid dreaming
I strongly recommend you to see it :smile:

I strongly recommend myself to see it too. :content: Poking bits of yourself throught other bits of yourself is a great idea, especially if there are no walls about. I never thought of that! Oooh, how about turning yourself inside out?! anyone tried this?

I have had to lucid dreams. One really short the second quite long. :content: I tried flyiong in both of my dreams with little success. The first time I just kinda hovvered. The second time i tried running and jumping like mario with a cape. Did not work. Instead i tried to do simple things like make the radio go aoff and conjuring my dog to come up the stairs. I tried to expect it to happen. I would say “My dog will appear in three seconds
1…2…3…” he comes up the stairs. Awesome really. What I dont get is why flying is so difficult for me. Any tips?

I think that some things in a LD are just hard to do because you think it is hard. I mean, it IS a dream! You should be able to do anything you like, there are no psysical laws whatsoever. This said, for me most of the time flying and sticking my finger through a wall or just walking through a door is realy easy once i tell myself “its a dream, anything goes”…

The tip about flying is a good one. I have increased speed by imagining myself flying, and at the same time the world is moving past me so I went very fast.