FAs - Don't you just hate them

:grrr: I was just starting out on a lucid dream this morning, and marvelling at the detail on my dream arm :content: when suddenly my six year old daughter came running into the room saying I had to wake up. I thought I woke up and I carried on in a non-lucid dream. Five minutes later I woke up for real when I realised my daughter was not there. I leapt out of bed to look for her and found she was still sound asleep!!

I thought I was just beginning to suss out these False Awakenings, but this one was ‘realer than real’ - too bad it happened just as I was going lucid.

you could take advantage of the situation, do a reality check when you wake up to be sure … if you still dream you are Lucid!

Thanks Xetrov, I have done this in the past, and got lucid from it :smile: , but it is a little more tricky when you have someone you love yelling at you to wake up. (I realised this morning that I may have really heard her yelling while I was still asleep. She does sleeptalk and has been doing this a lot recently).

Awww…I can’t say I ‘hate’ FA’s because I think they are pretty neat.
Then again, I have never had one interrupt a LD so I guess that would pretty much be a negative thing.

As Xetrov says…try to use it to your advantage by practising RC’s every time you wake up.

:angel_fly:

All my LDs have ended as FAs, it gets a bit frustrating though they are quite cool, but so far I hadnt had an FA in my bed in my room, so I think that maybe once i manage to start getting rid of them, they will become more real…
Im taking on a habit to do reality checks when I wake up from dreams and when I just wake up sometimes at night with my head full of sleep, so I have started to question things like, hey am i dreaming, did i just see a dream, and such things, and i think it helps…

Unfortunately, 99% of my false awakenings take place in the bedroom, making them difficult to spot. Yes, Cyril, I really should start doing reality checks when I do wake up in bed - it’s just so easy to assume.

I agree with you there! This has happened to me only once in a LD, I woke up in my friends house. People say try RCs, but it is easier said than done for me. It seems so real I never think of trying.