stupid DC

I had a dream that I was at krispy kremes (this doughnut place) and it was up and running, when I remembered that IRL it didnt open until like 8 days. I told a DC that it didnt open until 8 days so this place couldnt have been up and running. but then he told me “no look its good, its running see?” so then he showed me the people eating and stuff and I was like “oh, i guess your right” so I was being stupid, the DC tricked me. is there any way I can be more aware that im dreaming? I mean I noticed that there was somthing wierd, but then he tricked me and I believed him. otherwise I could have probably been lucid.

HELP ME SOMEONE!! what can I do? :crying:

When you are just starting to have lucid dreams this seems to happen a lot (with “just” meaning probably the 1st year or so…), you get very close to realising and yet you fail. I have this too a lot. It isnt a bad thing and with practise and patience more and more of these moments will eventually become moments where you do become lucid.

The same thing happened to me. I was suppossed to play a show on a friday but in my dream it was thursday, and the show was about to start. I asked a DC what the deal was and he said it had always been planned on a thursday. I couldn’t beleive how well he tricked me. O-well. Next time I hope to do a RC without another DC present. :spinning:

That’s kinda funny :gni: I had a similar kinda thing happen. In the dream I was heading to school but it wasn’t supposed to start for another week. I got really panicky about missing time. The first thing that came to mind was alien aduction :grin: Good thing I woke up or I’da ended up in an asylum.

Heheh. Well, it seems like you’re pretty close to lucid dreaming. Atleast your beginning to get SOME awareness, as you knew that the place wasn’t open yet. Hopefully next time you prove the DC wrong. good luck

yeah, my dream characters dont tend to help me out…
in one i was lucid and saw my friend and asked him ‘hey you know your in a dream’, and he was like ‘wha, you mean im dreaming’, I tried to make him understand ‘nono I am dreaming and your in my dream’, then he resorted to saying something odd like ‘hmm, i dont know we should have some better way of figuring out’…
I guess i should have realised by then to start doing reality checks, but i didnt :neutral: … i think i might have started loosing lucidity after this a bit too…

In my LD, my mother distracted me and i lost my awareness of dreaming. I was about to try to fly by climbing on top of my dad’s truck and jumping off. Before I got to though, she said “Hey you better get over here and change your girl’s diaper now”. That’s where i lost lucidity.

hehehhe that happens to me ALL THE TIME. like this one time i was in a dream and i was doing a RC> i was in a diner and i looked at the clock cause i saw that the chef was a dog… and i asked a one of my DCs that i think im dreaming cause of the clock…and she said " oh no no our clocks havent been working for a long time" then i lost lucidity :sad:

Heh… I’m sorry, but all of these stories are pretty funny. Our DCs must be plotting against us :eek:

I don’t really talk to my DCs that much, and have yet to experience this. I haven’t really had any experiences on being unsure about dreaming… Usually it’s pretty straight forward; I either know right away or ignore the dream signs altogether :tongue: