Quite a violent experience. Damn cool though!

Hey everyone. im new here. :cool_laugh: what a cool smiliey.
Anyways.

I have been recording a dream diary for about a month.
I’ve had 1 Lucid dream which happened about 2 weeks ago, lasted for about 5-10mins. was quite cool but i couldn’t see anything, it was too dark :confused: A

Anyway the main point of this topic is that this morning i woke up at about 5am. I’d had about 4 hours sleep. I was VERY tired and really wanted to just go back to sleep but i thought it was a good opertunity to try the WBTB technique (i think its called? i get so confused with all these terms) .

So i read about lucid dreams for about 10mins, then watched tv for 20-30 mins. Then went back to bed. I read ur spose to stay awake for bout 60 mins but i felt so drained.

I lay flat on my back, but in a position that felt comfortable, felt relaxed. I kept repeating to myself the following things:
‘i am going to have a lucid dream’
‘i will realise im dreaming’
‘i will remember to realise im dreaming’
‘i will have a lucid dream tonight’

I kept repeating those lines randomly, and pictured them written down, imagined the words, imagined writing them down etc. I must have done that for about 15-20 mins (hard to say) then for some reason i was picturing a computer screen and thought to myself
‘i bet i could see the screen while closing my eyes’ (which i could) then all of a sudden i felt this tightness on my muscles… and i started feeling some shaking coming on…sorta like rumbling. it got more and more intense…it felt as if i was sat on the wing of an airplane or something… the wind and vibration was really intense. My muscles were locked so i figured i was in that sleep paralysis mode.

I tried opening my eyes but there was all these flashing of weird colours and it REALLY hurt my eyes, sorta like an acheing that u can get if u gentley press on ur eyeball (lol, only way i can explain it). So i kept them closed.
Even thought this was going on, i felt completely calm…i was just thinkign about lucidity and remember reading stuff about violent shaking etc… and just thought i must have fallen asleep consciously.
So then i just kept my eyes shut and waited for me to sorta ‘land in my dreams’. But then i felt the shaking starting to fade away and felt myself waking up so i tried to hold it and not wake up… but then i did. I knew i had woken up because i could suddenly move my body.

I kept my eyes shut though and tried to go back into it… repeated the same lines again… imagined myself writing it down, really pictured the words etc, and it started happening again… but only for a few seconds and i came back to reality.

Then about 20 mins later i managed to get back to sleep but not consciously, and had no lucid dream.

What is everyones thoughts on this?
And is this what you call WBTB combined with WILD technique?

Anyone else had this experience?

i’ve never had a WILD but i have experienced something similar

i was having an LD and was doing my favorite activity besides sex, flying, i was flying around and thought that i wanted to try to do AP

so i willed myself back into my physical body which was was paralyzed, and my body was buzzing all over really loud, i tried to separate, but i couldn’t and eventually fell back into a non-lucid dream shrug

aurorafive, that’s pretty weird… nothing like that ever happend to me

so nobody’s had this before? come on there must be someone!

:smile:

What is the term for what i did to get this result? is it WILD and WBTB ?

Yes it is a WBTB with WILD. Also you dont need to stay awake for 60 minues, i just found out that for me around 20 minutes is best.

Awesome. thanks for replying.
20 mins is much better lol, i could only last about 40 mins… i felt SO friggin tired.

:wink:

Anyways. Was what happened to me normal? And was i heading the right way towards a lucid dream? i was kinda peeved when i woke up coz i wanted to land in my lucid dream rather than reality.

Should i have tried to keep my eyes open? I did try but it hurt too much :eek: I didn’t see anythign when i had them closed, just darkness.

If it happened right would dreamland sorta just appeared or what? How does it work?
Do u have any tips ?

Thanks a lot