Think I'm getting closer...

Last evening, I learned about a technique called the 61. point relaxation technique or something. (don’t remember the exact name for it)
It’s all about concentrating about your body one point at a time.

So, the small tutorial recommended laying flat on a carpet. However, I decided to just try it while sitting in front of my PC. At one point, my left toe became numb. Then, after a while, my right arm felt heavier than a truck!
Then I remembered some guy on the forum having tried the same thing, saying it felt like he was falling through his chair. Then, as I thought about it, the same thing happened to me.
I then tried moving my fingers. I couldn’t. Actually, I didn’t want to try to hard, since that would make me “wake up”. And that’s kind of my point. I did not try very hard, I just made this tiny attempt to move my fingers, and at that time, I was convinced I could not.
Some time later, I moved my fingers as much as I could, and opened my eyes… :sad:

So, did I get close to having a WILD? Somehow, I just knew that if i were to move my fingers to much, I would “wake up”…

oh, and sorry for the long post :confused:

[edit: no wait, this post is not long, I’m just being paranoid or something :happy: ]

I don’t know about this… maybe you were in light sleep or something. I’ve never WILDed like that before. All my WILDs have no such experience. Oh but if you try WILD without WBTB, it’s kind of harder. A lot harder. That’s all I can say, Jeff is really the expert on WILDs.

I’ve never had the opportunity of trying WBTB lately…
I’m going to try WBTB for the first time tonight.

Widh me luck! :neutral:

Good luck! :smile:
I think I’ll try it again tonight too. Last time I did it, when it didn’t work I got super frustrated. People say it is a very effective technique, but I guess it’s not 100%!
Peace,
Sruthan

Odd2k you did very well congratulations! :wink:

What you did i call a basic trance induction.
You can use that to wild, for selfhypnosis and to go from there to a medium or deeper trance.
It was also very wise you didnt over do it the first time!

Really good job! :happy:
Good luck with the waking back to bed!

Greetz,
Jeff

That was me feeling like I was falling through the chair. In my experience it tingled my back. But I just cannot relax to the stage I fall asleep contously. Jeff, or anybody else, can you give me any tips to relax to get to this stage. I’ve never felt the vibrations people commonly talk about, (but managed to mistake tense screwed up face for it. :ack: )

I also went to sleep and just as I was starting to dream I relized that I could here voices. I awoke back to contousness, trying it several times. I had no succsess in the end.

Technodreamer :cool:

could you post a link to this method you’re trying? I’ve been doing yoga corpse pose to try and relax for a WILD but this sounds good too

Sounds good so far :content: I don’t know much about WILDing, but I’ve been looking into giving it a shot. This method looks like a good one… maybe I’ll do a google search for it :cool_laugh:

Oh yes, technodreamer:
The same thing happened to me after going to bed. I heard something I think was a monkey screaming :eek: hehe
Also, I think I felt some very faint vibrations that lasted for about a half second.

What I find difficult with WILDing, is to tell apart your imagination from the actual trance. For all I know, I could be imagining any vibrations or hypagognic imagery…

Thats easy odd2k, when you want to progress you can only do that when you really relax more and deeper and be more empty with no thoughts left…you cant imgaine that completely at a higher level of the wild, you fail then!
Or you never get past a certain level of the trance induction and be stuck there.
This is also the answer 4 you Technodreamer…to get further you need to let more go of your consciousnes and thoughts!
You do that by using breathing to name one thing…just let go totally each time you breathe out!

Jeff