Where do you become lucid?

I’ve been lucid just about everywhere, but most often (at least recently) I remember it happening while I was outside. I’ll catch a glimpse of the sky or some scenery (perhaps familiar scenery from other LDs) and it acts as almost like a spontaneous RC…it’s a very odd feeling, like suddenly everything around me has “clicked” into place…and then I’m lucid.

I become lucid amost anywhere. When I have 100% control I am at my house. I kinda use it as a restart spot. If I’m somewhere I don’t want to be I just appear at my house, regain control and take off once more.

I’ve become lucid about 6 times but only one where I was able to stay in the dream. Everytime I became lucid that I remember, I was in my house, somewhere around it or a familiar environment. I’ve become lucuid in our van, our van, our pool, our house, our house and our driveway.

most of my early LD experiences began always at home, waking up from sleep, later i began having lucid dreams in places i do not know… but even still today, i am somehow connected to my place, and i go from there to another place, or simply fly away. Once i had a nice dream, i woke up at home, and decided to go outside, and for the first time, i went outside my place, and walked in the streets, that was a nice thing… exploring in dream the world i live in the waking world.

Most commonly I become lucid im my bedroom, that is where most of my dreams, at least the ones I can remember, start. I also become lucid when flying in dreams alot. Finally nightmares commonly spark lucidity for me, I could be anywhere in them, however I seem to be able to exert less influence in nightmares, I have died many times in nightmares trying to control them.

Most often it seems to be when I’m somewhere that I either usually don’t go to or have never been… But then again, the first time I ever became lucid was in my own bedroom :wink:

I get lucid anywhere any time. ever scince i get dreamweaver, that is a ring, i have been going lucid almost everynight. well i probally have everynight i just cant remember them lol

Richard

Most of mine start with me in bed. The first thing I do is get up and start thinking of things to test out. I nearly always stay in the room. The furthest I’ve gone is a few metres outside the front door.

I cannot remember becoming Lucid in my home or even in a place I’ve been to before. I’d say at least 9/10 of my LD’s take place in a place I’ve never even imagined before. :hmmm: that’s probably what triggers the Lucidity :content:

I can go lucid every where, but the majority have been at home, so I voted that way :tongue:

Old poll.

I go lucid anywhere.

It depends on how the LD started. If it’s a DILD, I could be anywhere, often places that I don’t think exist. If it’s a WILD, I almost always start out in my apartment or in my room in my house. I used to think this was because I was still getting external stimuli from where I was sleeping, but I noticed that sometimes I get WILD’ed into my room when I’m really in my apartment, or vice-versa! Especially when I had just moved from one to the other.

So far all of my LD:s have been inside a house. And i always wake up before i get outside. My ND are almost always outside.

Everytime I’ve ever become lucid, which isn’t many times, I always am somewhere weird but very interesting. Something i created subconciously i guess. Usually i really like these places, ever in normal dreams that i remember, I’m always in really cool surroundings. Sometimes i travel to familiar places or dream about them, but wen becoming lucid I’m somewhere totally imaginative. Probly because I notice this place is really strange and I must be dreaming. :neutral:

I have never had a dream in my house… i heard that your house/room is like your soul… i guess i dont have much of a connection with it

I became lucid at my Nan’s recently which is only 2 miles away. The rest of my LD’s have started at home

In the times that I’ve been lucid (not much, only been 4-5 times in my entire lifetime!), they’ve been at my house. One of them was in my form room in my school.

very interesting :smile: I usually gain LD (when I do) in strange locations, whenever I dream in a known location I find that I usually believe I’m awake and all is well. The stranger the location the easier a RC will snap me to attention!

by the way, I find the reading one to be most effective in my case, no matter the circumstances, if i read something and check it again, seeing it change always surprises me big time! It’s hilarious, every time it happens I get this same ‘Hey! I’m dreaming! I’m awake in my dream!’ -going. :cool_laugh: LOL

Now that I got to thinking about it, it actually IS kind of funny. It gets me every time! Boredom isn’t an option in dream world, huh?! :grin:

sweet dreams :peek:

I have more chances to become lucid in my house, because of the amount of digital clocks I have. Sometimes it just gets into my field of view, and here’s my ticket to lucidity.

Most of my WILDs originate at home, or otherwise familiar inviroments…

At the same time, most DILD and spontaneous LDs I had were in unfamiliar inviroment…

Almost all my LDs start from a dream of my parents’ house. Lately I have had quite a few dreams about the chatroom and got lucid in there. :cool: Maybe it’s easier to spot the small differences between reality and dreaming in a well-known place?