How to remeber dreams better?

I have been trying to get lucid for 3 days now, and i realized my problem is remembering dreams, anyone got any good tips. If i remember dreams i dont remember a whole one, i only remeber this from my dream: i just “woke up” went to the bathroom and looked into the mirror and i had a hue amout of facial hair". But any suggestions on how to remember my dreams better, it is really hard to write down my dreams if i dont remember what i was dreaming abou, fr all i know i could have lucid dreams and not remembering, halp plz. Thank you in advance…

By which method do you wake up? If you wake up in a REM period its more likely to rememeber the dream you were in. Try setting your alarm aprx 1 hour befor you normally wake up bet you’ll remember more dreams…This morning I dreamt that I was getting bald! I was so startled that in reaction is shaved my hare off…then the alarm went off and the first thing I did was fealing at the head…luckily all hair was still there, lol.

Hello. I find that it will take sometime to remember more of your dreams. Once you have remembered one part of one dream write it down. Then sit there for about 10 minuets thinking about it. You are backwards tracking your dream. Now this should lead you to other dreams. If not, think about what you did the previous day, or regular dream places. (You can get to know these by writing down your dreams often).

I awoke remembering 1 dream. I sat, didn’t move and though about dreaming stuff. I ened up remembering 6 dreams. Thats almost near my record.

Is there a stiky big remembering topic on this. I can’t blame you for starting a new one, its hard to get all the info quikly.

Technodreamer, hope I helped a little. My suggestions are not the only ones there are. :cool:

Thanks Technodreamer. Ill try your method, i heard you shouldnt move to remember your dreams, but when the alarm goes off i have to turn it off, hehe. Ill start a rutine from now on going to bed at 9, cause it takes me an hour to get to sleep. Ill try get a rutine. But is it any point in reading about lucid dreaming before i go to bed at nigth, or should i take that only at the morning when i do WBTB. Is it anything that helps thinking of before i go to bed at nigth to remember dreams, a friend of mines says he says that he tells himself to remember his dreams when he wake up. This any effective, i guess ill be doing some more experimenting tonigth.

When all the soft methods fail I take some Calea zacatechichi in combination with vit B12 for a mighty recall boost. Or u could just browse the forums i’m sure there are plenty of methods out there. :wink:

A whole 3 days? :tongue:
I’ve been going at it for about 4 months now, and I’ve had nothing. So, there ya go. I know it has to come some time though, I’m still RCing, MILDing, no chance for WBTB though.

I’ve been trying for about 2 months now. I think that waking up slightly earlier is a good way of improving recall if you don’t seem to remember much. I have tried keeping a dream journal but I could only remember tiny snippets of info from my dreams and it didn’t feel worth the bother. I am going to try again though soon. I think even if it is just snippets, over the days/weeks recall will improve.

I’m no expert, but that seems like the best way to me. Don’t try too hard to remember dreams, just remember what you can and it should slowly improve.

Another thing I think should work (I haven’t tried it yet) is if you write just what you can remember as soon as you wake up, then later in the day come back to it and see if you can remember more stuff.

Good luck to all who are in my position. It gets really tedious doesn’t it!!

I remembered sligthly more than i usually do, even tho my dream was really strange. (It was about some people that had to paintrings around a c. that looked about like the copyrigth C, they had to paint it else school could not open again.)

I was telling myself to remember my dream like for an hour untill i fell asleep. Today i will start a sort of experiment, i dont have any clue on what vitamines doing what. So i will pretty much try A,B,C,D;E vitamines and i will try going to bed earlier. Ill see what this will do.

Of course main factor for better recall is a dream diary and intention to remember them.
More sophisticated methods include waking up few times during the night,eating vit b6 and/or vit b12 and melatonin.
good luck:)

I’ve been trying for about two weeks now, and my recall has improved greatly but no lucidity yet. Merely knowing that you’re going to dream and holding the thought in your head helps recall a lot. Also try not to get woken up by noise of any kind - a bit of quiet background noise is ok, but I find when I get woken up abruptly (examples: Rave music, people shouting at each other outside my door) it usually destroys the recall even when I know I would’ve recalled fine earlier.

OMG!!! It is 4:30AM I just woke up, after sleep, i remember a dream compleetly, not shure if itis 2 dreams. I am not shure if it was 2 dreams. But i had a sort of fake awaking, no lucid dream tho. I remember i woke up, i was like thinking to myself no lucid dream thisnigth either. I tryed to turnon my ligth on my clock, but it must have been out of battery. So i turned on tv to look at clock there, and I suddenly got in a hurry and then i woke up. I am shure i would realized i was dreaming if my clock hadnt been “out of battery”. I don’t know wich vitamines doing it, but i shure was working. My dream(s) vere incredeble vivid. So i would recomend vitamine B to everyone.

hello there luminar? is that the same one from Gamefaqs?

Alright, NOW this is getting a little strange.
You see, the first time I ever heard of LDing, it was on…What was it, a Smash Bros. board(?) on GameFAQs.
I think somebody posted about having a dream about smash bros, then somebody was making fun of him, so someone said “Hey, it’s not like he can control his dreams”, then someone said in fact it WAS possible…And to search for something like “Lucid Dreams”.
This actually fascinated me enough to hop on Google and enter “Lucid Dreams”, and here I am now.
:eh:
It just gets weirder and weirder.