Dont move when waking up, you say?

I keep hearing this “don’t move a muscle when waking up in the morning” all the time. (for improving dream recall)
How do you guys turn off your alarm clocks? telekinesis or something??
:wink:

Eh, it’s not MOVING that breaks my recall, in my experience… it’s other people making noise. It’s got to be fairly loud and irritating, but it usually destroys my recall totally, even when i’m perfectly aware that I dreamed. :grrr:

Well, so far I’ve only been LDing on Summer Break, which means I wake up naturally…But now school is back in, so I’m awakened by a jarring noise, and I end up flinching when it goes off…Etc. etc., so my recall has been basically destroyed. I’m still trying to get around it… :sad:

moving degrades recall, but sharp noises and distractions such as alarms will ruin dream recall completely. If you turn on an alarm, I suggest you use a quieter one and I also suggest that after turning it off, get back into the position you woke up in and try to recall it then. While recalling, try not to get distracted. This includes moving. To-tal concentration.

Moving around is especially bad (for me) when I haven’t even thought about any dreams last night and I start doing my morning routine. The only way I seem to really be able to recall dreams is by thinking about them the instant I wake up… without any distractions.

I try not to move when I wake up for the first time in the morning, but it’s not to help me remember anything. I do it so it’s easier to initiate WILD when I return to sleep shortly after. For me at least, it seems to be easier to return to sleep if I haven’t moved at all upon waking up. I guess it works for recall too. You should be trying to remember your dreams as a matter of priority, before doing or thinking about anything else.

Think I’ll try a clock radio or something like that

I use my watch. I set it for a time that I only have to reach over with my hand and press buttons randomly. Funny, if I don’t move to write down what I know already my dream recal is poorer than if I move to write it down immediatley following the story backwards.

Technodreamer, you must think its strange reading a story that Starts with an ending and finnishes with a beggining. :happy:

Try setting a watch under your pillow during the earely hours of the morning. That way it will ring silently for 30 seconds untill it stops automaticly. Hopeful, it will ring in your dream and you will look at your watch. I had my first FA today as well as now having two stars by my name. :happy: :happy:

Technodreamer :cool:

Hi odd2k! :smile:

Yes, not moving as soon as u wake up does help u recall your dreams a bit more(4 Some ppl including me). When i am in school i dont do this because i dont have time…must do lots of things to get ready lol. On the weekends i dont need an alarm cloack so i dont need to get out of bed or anything :smile:

If u r having problems with DR(dream recall) i suggest u just stay there in your bed and try to recall all that u can from your dream(s). Also, i would recommend u do WB2B…GReat 4 DR!! 4 me and other ppl as well :slight_smile:

Good luck with your DR :happy: