How many of you write a dream diary? (new title)

Whoa never heard of this technique before. Does it really work? I gótta try this… :smile:

It’s helped me remember my first dreams in about, oh 3-4 years. So I’d say it works pretty well. Once I got lucky and remembered 4 Dreams from one night. 2 in pretty good detail and 2 in low detail. Hehe. Most nights I just remember one to two though.

There’s a problem of privacy if you keep a dream diary(unless you can write it in code). If someone read it - they could find out your most secret thoughts as the symbols in dreams are too revealing.
Normally I can remember quite a lot of my dreams and think if they are importment enough hopefully I won’t forget them.

I only write down dreams that I thought were weird, and I only right down keywords like “Blue” and “Pins” when I look at that I instantly remember, “Oh yeah that was that dream on the beach where I had to search for pins in that detective agentcy!” (Don’t ask)

I’ve had one long time before i started to get into lucid dreaming.
I have 7 years worth of dreams In 12 note books.

Well, it’s been 3 months and keeping a dream diary has had dramatic effects on my dream recall. It’s also great to just go back and look through it to see what was on my mind.

I hope you get a ld soon Xenesis. The wait will be worth while and in the meantime you can discover a lot about yourself from your dreams.

I have a Dream Journal. I keep it under my pillow, and write as soon as I wake up. I find that if I start writing down the parts of my dream or dreams that I remember, the rest slowly comes back to me. Another tip for the people who don’t like to handwrite is to draw pictures. This especially helps if your dream takes place in a location that’s unknown to you. Just draw a blueprint, and as you name the things that were around you in your dream, you will remember what happened when you were near them. :content:

Ooh. That’s a good idea. It’d do me well to remember that.

Moogle, that privacy issue would be a big problem, especially if you’ve got little kids around… so I use abbreviations that only I can decipher and stuff. If I want to say “Had sex” I would probably use RPRDCD (Reproduced) in my written journal. Then later I can remember that I used that stand in and eventually transfer it to my computer passworded journal. If I want, I can have it encoded many times with many passwords, but that would take a long time.

Er, am I wierd? :shy:

Anyway, keeping a DJ is a really good idea. Were you just asking for a very long thread when you started it? Lol, almost all the beginners have to use a DJ extensively, the advanced people write down keywords, but a DJ is for everyone, as it expands your chances of LDing and Dream Recall. Plus, like everyone else says, it is really, really fun to re-read your dream journal a few months or years later and suddenly recall a dream you’ve forgotten. Plus you see how screwed up your mind is.

And WHERE do you get that Scanner Recorder Codec?

i dont write but i remember still

I started a dream jounal three weeks ago. Before then, I rarely remembered my dreams. Since starting the DJ, I’ve recalled almost one dream a day and had 1 LD two weeks ago. I make a list of my dreamsigns in the back of the DJ and check that list every night before going to bed.

I skipped writing my dreams for the summer after two years keeping a diary cuz i have too many duties right now.My dream recall dropped,not drastically but still.Im going back to it as soon as possibile i have allways enjoyed it:)

Been keeping mine since 4th Aug 2003. Got it right here on my computer. :content:
Though I admit it can be annoying sometimes… i’ll wake up, have a fairly decent recall (by normal standards), come down and by the time i’ve gotten my computer on and brought the file up, i’ll have forgot a whole heap due to people making a racket. :angry:

I just started keeping a DD.
Before, if I was lucky, I could remember about one dream every three months… :eek:
Now, thanks to my DD I usually remember two or three dreams every morning :tongue:

Two or three? I’m lucky if I remember two, to be honest. But still I do get one most days. :content:

Well, I keep a notebook next to my bed, in which I usually write after I wake up - this is especially handy when I wake up in the middle of the night and remember my dreams up to that point. Because when I go back to sleep I usually aren’t able to recall the early dreams in the morning. I also use another Livejournal for entering quick dream notes, and a seperate Dreamjournal for writing down the dreams I remember in detail. Still, I’m pretty lax about keeping either of them… I often forget the notebook, and by the time I have the computer on… bye bye memory. :3

And yes, often when you start writing other pieces of the dream come back to you. ^^

I’ve always been able to remember most of my dreams well - although not always every night, I do have a whole collection of images in my mind from previous dreams. Still, if I read back on my DJ there’s a lot of dreams I don’t recall having at all.

My online dream journals are here:
dreamjournal.org/dj/index.cf … =Damanique (um, yeah… the URL doesn’t work right because of the acronym script. ^^)
and here:
livejournal.com/users/mercuriel

The entries of the latter are usually but not always private, though, and doubles as my writing journal… ^^ Um… I’m not a journal addict. Why would you say such a thing. :gni:

[quote=“infection0”]
Moogle, that privacy issue would be a big problem, especially if you’ve got little kids around… so I use abbreviations that only I can decipher and stuff. If I want to say “Had sex” I would probably use RPRDCD (Reproduced) in my written journal. Then later I can remember that I used that stand in and eventually transfer it to my computer passworded journal. If I want, I can have it encoded many times with many passwords, but that would take a long time.

:neutral: I would love to keep one but abbreviations wouldn’t help if they could be guessed as my “little kids” aren’t quite so little! :smile: (16, 19 and 22). Plus an inquisitive hubby. Problem isn’t it?
:confused:

I keep a journal, but I don’t usually put much detail into it. I find that just a few key words or sentences are usually enough to bring the entire thing back when I read over it in the morning. Every few days I write some of them up in full detail on the team forum, particularly if I was lucid, or there was some other significance to it.

I also keep a journal - I have a little notepad that I write down most of the dream in along with the time I slept and woke up, foods I ate before sleeping, methods, sex/no sex, music I listened to while sleeping, etc. then once I have a few dreams down in the journal, I type them up, and it’s a huge help for recall.