concentration

it seems to me that i have a little problem with focusing on the images or other things when trying to wild.
anybody got a good exercise that could help me?

I read your question as ‘how can I learn to concentrate more?’ If that’s correct you might find great benefit in old fashioned meditation. Concentration is like a muscle, that grows stronger if you train it. The simplest ways is this: Sit comfortably but upright on a chair with a pillow. Feet on the ground, hands on your knees. Close your eyes and follow your breathing: just observe it, nothing else. Sit like this for at least 15 minutes. You will find that other thoughts will quickly come into your mind. When a thought comes, let it leave and come back to your breath, again and again. In time, you will find that you can stay with your breath for longer periods at a time. This means your concentration has improved, and the results should then also be better for your WILD.

thanks… :smile:

But also it help not concentrating too hard :smile: Hypnagogic images wil disappear if you try hold on them too hard, so just let them happen.

BTW: There’s other topic about WILD on this forum, called the Big WILD Topic. Try posting it there the next time you have a problem about WILD. It makes this forum much cleaner :smile:

hm well i thought about posting it there, but… well… i dunno why i didn’t do so…
sorry, i was a very bad boy and destroyed the harmony of this forum :wink:

Here is a good meditation site: skyhero.com/meditation.htm

It’s true that trying too hard can foil all your attempts at WILD. In my experience, to successfully induce a WILD you need to be free of all pressure to fall asleep.
This is what works for me:
Pick a night where you don’t have to get up at a certain time on the following morning. Go to bed and get very relaxed, and then just watch where your mind takes you. Don’t feel any pressure to enter a dream just watch as your hypnogogic imagery develops. The more you just watch this imagery without pressure the more likely it becomes that you will enter a WILD naturally. Keep your interest in the imagery alive and just watch and keep watching.
It took me several days of doing this before I entered a WILD naturally. If you are successfull, you will suddenly find that you are drawn completely into the images and they will become a dream - without you even really trying.