No more disclaimers

Call me politically incorrect, call me insensitive, call me callous… but I’m tired of people feeling like they are forced to attach disclaimers to everything they have to say. I’m not just talking about the forum, I’m talking about everywhere in society, it seems. People are always apologizing for their thoughts, hoping not to offend others.

I think that if you want to say something, whatever it is, then say it. We worry too much about people not liking or being hurt by our thoughts and ideas, but as long as we’re not intentionally trying to hurt others, say whatever you want. If people (who take themselves too seriously) choose to be offended or hurt, that’s their problem. Don’t ever limit your self expression because others may take offense. If we did that, we’d all have to remain silent because inevitably, there’s always someone who won’t like what we have to say.

I realize some people may be offended by what I have said in the above paragraphs… oh well. :happy:

I agree, sometimes it seems like being politically correct has gone a little too far…I mean, really, some things are just true, as long as you aren’t purposely insulting someone for no reason or whatever…

Disclaimer: I apologize if the above post hurt anyone’s feelings, this post does not necessarily reflect the views of the LD4ALL staff, and is not endorsed. Please contact me if it offended you in any way.

I was thinking of starting a topic in similar vain but as a discussion of the balance between
being pc(which can end up being daft)–being aware of others feelings–free speech.
I think if we could carry on as before the “alien thread” with maybe a indication of how this forum functions at the top of all the pages just a few words that regular users will just not notice?
It’s difficult because it feels like conversation and you forget who may be there.
:eh:

SHUT UP! YOU SUCK!!

(disclaimer: I hope that didn’t offend anybody.)

Disclaimers are primarily used for legal reasons, and probably will be for quite some time to come. I don’t know why they’re used in places where someone is merely presenting their opinion of a topic. If someone’s opinion offends you, you need a good dose of asphyxiation – because it means you’ve been programmed incorrectly and no longer deserve to share this planet with the rest of us.

Does my opinion offend anyone? :wink:

Havent heard better reply for years:)
Cant agree more

:cool_laugh: :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh: That was very funny!

I am open. :content: and i love it

I say what I feel like saying too. Sometimes my friends have been like, “damn you’re harsh” and stuff like that. I don’t go around saying rude stuff on purpose but if someone is at my house and I want to go to bed I’m going to ask them to leave.
Another thing to remember though is that if you do say something that the person has the right to say whatever they want back. So if you call me a racist name and I don’t like it I have the right to tell you I don’t like it. Just like my friends have the right to ask me not to be so harsh and I have the right to say, “no” back. :content:
I find that when guys ask me out and I say no they seem to think I’m bitch for some reason. I’m just being honest. There’s not anything wrong with the guy I just don’t like him. I’m not one of those people who would date someone just so I didn’t have to tell them that I don’t want to date them. A boy did that to me once it was annoying and pointless. I wouldn’t have been mad if he had just dumped me.
This is what I was trying to say about your actions not hurting people in a way. As Atheist said they’re the ones who choose to be offended. Even if you subconsciously can’t help but be offended at first its still your own mind that’s causing your pain. And you have the choice to get over it.

go into teh chat room and we will finish it there i dont wnat to bring it into the forum

Sage I agree 100%