WHO are your dream characters?

Xenesis…mostly ppl i dont know because i always seem to travel in my dreams lol…but sometimes fam also…friends are rare in my dreams only now and then. :user:

Jeff

Yeah, I mostly get people I know IRL, except for in a crowded or public place, where the people are essentially “scenery”.

Interesting question Xenesis.

I have mostly RL characters popping into my dream. Most of them are pets (probably my most frequent dream visitors) / family / people I work with / poeple from my past jobs or school / famous people I have never met like Kurt Cobain, Burt Reynolds, Vanilla Ice…LoL

It is very rare actually for me to encounter an entirely fictitious DC. A lot of times if the character ‘appears’ to be a stranger, something about them, like thier mannerism, will make my subconscious relate them to a living person.

Alot of my dream characters are people I know,Like family friends,and so on.
But I have one person in all my dreams,and I mean all my dreams.She is alway giving me helpful advice and weapons.(if needed) :crazy:
She has platnum hair and eyes and all I know about her is her name is Amber…which is my favorite color.
I would like to Know more about her. :shrug:

I have a mix of all of those i think. I’ve dreamed of famous people a lot, people I know a lot and some I never heard of all in the same dream. I also dream about characters from stories or drawings of mine and that’s really cool getting to meet them like that. I think those are my favorite DCs. And I dream about my cat alot too.

It seems to be a mix for me; I run friends, family, acquaintences, and quite a few people I’ve never seen before. I’ve dreamed of seeing famous people on TV… But never met them.

Ooh… I mean run into friends, family, etc…

Usually they`re girls working on the street:)

Yeah it’s the exact same thing for me. They are people I used to be friend with years ago, and I still know them but I don’t talk to them much. Other than this it is just people I have gone to school with, usually people I know pretty good, but a mix of others too.

In my dreams i tend to get the people i know, but who aren’t my friends. As in, people i am acquainted (is that typed correctly?) with but not close friends. Also, these people tend to die an awful lot in my dreams - i have one person who has died about 4 times, each time quite grotesquely! :eek:

alsorts of people are in my dreams, family, friends, people i have met through my life even if only for a minute.

And last night Willow and Xander from Buffy TVS.

usually though it’s people i don’t know.

i think i have my family in ALL my LDs sometimes my friends …never anybody i dont know

I have about 2 or 3 people that tend to show up in most of my dreams. You think my sub consious is trying to tell me something about them?

Usually, My dream characters are strangers. In a few dreams I see my wife, and coworkers. Last night, Jennifer Aniston was in my dream. :bounce: That was a great one. Too bad I didn’t become lucid in that one.

an artist named Al Davison has a story in his book Spiral Dreams about his dream guide named Kolchec. a friend of his also seems to have met Kolchec independantly of him and he acted as her dream guide too. and… he had dreamed about her (as a person in ancient times) before he met her, along with Kolchec. and actually drew both of them together years before. I reccomend this book and his other works as well. he did a web site though not any more.

I have had a little bit of experience with a dream guide as BioHazard described. she has appeared to me outside the dream as well. which seems more of a Beyond Dreaming topic. haven’t met her in years though.

Oh man, just last night i had a dream where i was getting ready to sleep outside on a lawn in a 28 days left stylish dream…
then the dream character (I dont know/remember if i knew them from rl or not) said they werent feeling so good, so i said id help them inside… so when i got ready to pick them up the person transformed into a stick figure. and I was like " Haha, do you know your dreaming" and then i didnt still get lucid =p. and then i think the dream faded away…

Often in dreams I have a friend or family member with me but they never have more than a very minor role in the dream. Lately I’ve been having a few dreams about my pets which I haven’t had since my old bird died. Usually I have at least a dream a night about famous people (Certain people more often than others…) but they hardly ever are famous in the dream, just look and act the same way.
I don’t have reoccuring DCs but I wish I did, it sounds interesting. Maybe I’ll befriend one in LD and keep bringing him back in other dreams :smile:
DCs I’ve never heard of in RL are often the focus of the dream.

Usually, my friends and family, although for a few dreams I’ve seen a homeless-looking black guy in his mid-fifties. He’s really nice, and in one of my dreams, he was a janitor. In my dream, I’d love to talk to him… Ask him who he is…

I love the idea of just talking to dream characters about things in real life… I’m getting all emotional about it, getting excited… I can’t wait! :cool_laugh:

every dream i have seems to have my best friend in it…its pretty weird really because shes always in it some way or another. and this has only been happening for about the last year.

Family members and tv characters from various shows - scifi shows generally but other shows pop up too e.g. a few days ago one DC in my dream was Ridge of B&B… Odd as I don’t watch it myself.