Alcohol

I tend to have a LD when I have a slow drunk (drinking all day) as opposed to a quick drunk (you know what I mean).

When I do, I don’t have a lot of control, but I still know I’m dreaming so it’s cool.

There seems to be more negative symbols though, but since most of my regular dreams are creepy anyway, I don’t mind.

Are all your drunk dreams creepy too?

i came home just totally drunk last weekend, and i couldn’t recall any dreams!! so i will try it without drinking the next time! prost!

I drink alot, so i get a million dreams, really cool one’s that go into such depth of thinking, i have so many of these dreams i cant remember any of them. POt doest help either though, i would say my dreams are really cool when i drink;although i never have Lucid dreams either. :bored:

I love Beer :beer: :biggrin:

Alcohol makes you sleep less deep, and some ppl have really more dreams. I think a big role here is the dosage of alcohol in your blood when you go to bed and start sleeping.

Jeff

I don’t drink that often, when i do i have really vivid dreams that i am able to recall in detail, sometimes a lucid dream.

okay - I have been wondering about this one and I guess I’m just going to have to try.
I have one (1) bottle of finlandia vodka in my fridge and one (1) bottle of sierra nevada pale ale in my tummy. I suppose I will have a shot of vodka every little bit and see how it goes, I will try not to get too drunk as I hate the feeling and I have to talk to people, function, etc.

also, has anyone noticed an effect on lucidity from casual drinking, i.e. having a beer or two over the course of the day? I tend to drink about 0-3 alcoholic drinks/day, but I don’t want to mess up my lucidity.

I once did a bad combination (but good for dreams and sleeping…) I came home drunk, and decided - hey, if I take some painkillers now I won’t have a headache in the morning! (That’s drunken logic maybe…) Anyway, I fell right asleep, and had very vivid dreams that night… of course, I often dream of just continuing the night out. o.O And I could recall the dream, but regardless of painkillers, I felt really crappy the next morning. :tongue: Alcohol does rather bad things to your body… I used to drink a lot, but not anymore though. And I never smoked pot.

I eat a lotta chocolate though :grin:

Looks like more than i thought had a case with beer and such

Another thing i wanted to mentioned about beer, when you have bad hangovers (me…Never! ), you have like nerve wrecking dreams that has a mixture of madness and fantasy, its like a death trap that leads to the toilet in your waking life

Other than dream suppressants, dreams and beer can be a cool experience, but in a way i like to get the best of both worlds

Happy Lding

ok, step one is set and ready. Just have to get to sleep with every house on the block full of loud drunk college students, and see how the drunk LDs come to me.

wow, it worked! I had an awesome LD last night! but I also forgot to email my girlfriend before I went to bed and I feel a little hung over this morning :sad:

I’ll post all about it when I type up my dream journal

cheers! :beer:

When I used to drink I couldn’t remember my dreams but I had a really low tolerence. I don’t drink anymore though so maybe I just don’t really remember what it was like for me (just one beer makes my tummy hurt after I drink it). I do remember that it made it hard for me to sleep. So does marijuana for some reason (at least it doesnt make me feel like crap though haha). It seems to be the oposite for most people.

Adaptation :happy:

A medium dosage of alcohol works very good for me, more dreams i recall and more vivid and even lucid dreams. I can drink quite a lot before i feel alcohol effects so “medium” for me (some 3 or 4 beers or a bottle of wine) might not be the same for others.

I don’t drink very often but most of the times I have been to sleep drunk I have had very vivid dreams and good recall. And one time I had my only OBE early in the morning following a night of about 3 drinks.

Not more than 2l of beer in the two hours before going to bed make my dreams REALLY vivid and picturesque… But not lucid…

I was out drinking yesterday, and this morning I had my 4th LD. I was still under the sweet influence of alcohol, and I had been drinking quite alot before I went to sleep. The LD lasted for about 20 - 30 min (so it felt in the dream), compared to my others that have lasted from 1 - 1,5 min.

I don’t know if the alcohol had any part of it, but it might seem so. For one reason I never ever feel bad the day after I have been drinking, no matter how drunk I get. I’m usually awake after 6-7 hours of sleep, full of energy (although my cordination is usually still somewhat non-functioning). Kinda strange to be all hyper when my friends are laying in bed feeling bad. When I’m not drinking I usually sleep for 10-12 hours (in the weekends). I don’t know if this might have anything to say.

Anyway, I think it will be interesting to see if I can manage to get a LD the next time i’m drinking.

I find that when I drink, I sleep like a rock and have very distorted and unclear dreams later in the night. Most of the dreams I barely recall at all. The worse part about drinking is trying to to the WBTB method. My alarm goes off at 4 am and I delirously just switch it off and fall right back to sleep! :bored:

Hi, i dream alot more when im drunk plus i can remember alot more detail when i wake up.

My first ever lucid dream occurred one night after going out to my local and having about 3 pints of lager. It lasted for about 15 minutes I’d say, and I admittedly didn’t have a lot of control… but it was my first time and I was amazed. My 2nd lucid dream (there has not been a third yet) was in the morning “after the night before” kinda thing. I woke up for a drink and stuff, went back to bed and I had a LD. Both of these times I was ‘merry’ or happily drunk… whatever. Whenever I am totally wasted on drink however, I find it difficult to remember dreams. But when I do they do tend to be more vivid than usual.

I take back what I said back in September (seems someone dug up this topic). Every time I go to sleep drunk, I end up having very vivid dreams in the morning hours and I find it a lot easier to become lucid during REM rebound.