gotu kola made me astral project

Hey Weagle, aren’t you a member of Astral Pulse? If so, it’s good to see you here.

yes me its the same weagle as astralpulse.com gotu does help very very mild if you want strong stuff I’ve heard people have gotten many lucid dreams on wild lettuce (opium lettuce) which is legal now that is much more stronger than gotu this relaxes the body even more but seriously in a society we live in if we aren’t brought up as children to meditate and knock out the stress/chatter box then herbs are a good aid of doing it til one adjusts/advances to doing it on their own for example my bro was on sleeping pills had chronic insomnia literally addicted to the over the counter sleeping pills which were only meant to be taken temporarily but afterwards skullcap/valerian herb took him off of it and he didn’t even need the herbs after to sleep it fixed his sleeping patterns. So herbs do serve a purpose it changes our bad meditation habits so to say like being anxious or tense or thinking too much of other things. salvius: try wild lettuce 1 tablespoon boil it for few minutes then drink it, I’m testing it out I will let you know but so far this stuff is even stronger than gotu kola I’ve heard many had lucid dreams so thus it does trigger those obe/lucid states many times if you keep your awareness that you’re having them then you can obe from them. So far i’ve had many small obe’s where I didn’t get farther than my backyard with meditation & gotu kola haven’t tried the wild lettuce I betcha it would be many times more and maybe I may have more control of them since I will be even more relaxed. Also the 6 hours sleep (wake up wash face for 30min-1hour read obe or do meditation) then go back to sleep for the next 2-3 hours also works as well.

How much practice is needed? I have one year of practice, plus two additional years before I took a break that I really regret now. 99% of the time I could focus just fine but even now I sometimes have probems. However, I am interested in your suggestion of staring at one object. During guided meditation my teachers always told me to close my eyes. I will try staring at an object the next time I can’t focus, it sounds interesting.

By the way, I have never had an OBE while meditating. I have had silence more than once and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I would not mind learning how to do OBE as well, however. Any pointers on the internet?

PS: Thanks everyone. I’ve been lurking these forums for about one month, and just started posting. You are an incredibly helpful group of people.

I think reason being is you haven’t gotten your body into vibrational states where the whole body vibrates a lot then you can literally just walk out of your body from that point. I do this always when I am in a sleep state or a false awakening and my body vibrates like crazy and I’m just easily able to will myself to walk out of my body with no resistance and it happens and one time I did one of those motion techniques that I’m moving on a fairess wheel and my body is at the bottom of it and it ejected me once out of my body once. Personally if I keep practicing on the vibrational techniques I can probably pull this off on the conscious state, others probably can do it using the motion techniques only difference motion techniques you may get ejected but still stuck to your body so you need to do a a trick like the rope technique (another motion technique) to get out but if you get your body vibrating a lot its so darn easy to walk out. Also certain incenses can help induce (SOME) body vibrations like sandalwood, heavier ones are agarwood/helichrysum oil. And if you need to read books on vibration techniques (which are body awareness exercises) and motion techniques (like rope technique/fairess wheel) as well check out Robert Bruce’s book Astral Dynamics really good book you can also read it for free at astraldynamics.com his treatise which he originally wrote til he published his book. I’m surprised you haven’t obe’d atleast in your dreams after so much effort you did all those years?

Hmm no gotu kola in Finland :razz:

Aydira: Drink herbal tea (Mint tea for example), those have no caffine whatsoever. As long as it’s herbal it’s guaranteed to have none. Green tea is bad bad bad, deviate from it. Mint tea will increase dream recall :smile:

Does anyone know the dosage for powdered(non-concentrate, but powdered leaves IIRC) GK? I read that you can “take 1,0 to 4,0 grams of dried GK”. What does “taking it” actually mean? Just eating? For the powder they(not that shop but some other site) just recommended making “tea” from 1 teaspoon of it.

I hope you know if you have tried it… :wink:

No gotu kola in Finland? Well, this shop sells herbal products that have to do with ancient Ayurveda medicine, and that includes- gotu kola. Powdered, 15e/100g. I guess that’s a bit expensive- but not near the rip-off prices of GK concentrate capsules.
https://www.signalpack.com/shop/samhita/product.php3?idCat=4&idProduct=209

Awsome, thanks for the link. I might give it a shot…

I just ordered some, should be here in a few days… I will give a report.

How do you use them? Drink an extraction of wood or something? And how are those vibrations caused is it beause the body relaxes or somethig else?

the woods are incense. you burn it and the smoke wafts around the room. I don’t know what the vibrations come from, never tried it

Yep, thanks for the advice. That’s exactly what I’ve been doing for the past year. Drinking herbal tea every day and avoiding green and black teas (I miss Earl Grey :sad: ) I usually have a mix of mint, lavendar and gotu kola every morning. I bought it in bulk dry herbs but I also take fresh mint from my herb garden. Soon I’ll also have some chrysanthemum which is good for flu symptoms.

I thought caffine helps with DR?

Well back when I used to be able to drink caffiene before I developed a total intolerence to it, it used to give me really messed up dreams. There were really vivid and long. I think there was something elses going on with my brain at the time though because I was realy tired and depressed all the time back then so it could have been anything.

I tried a big jar of gotu kola but it didnt give me lds…but i must say it sharpened my awareness while meditating. :smile:

Jeff

Okay I tried Gotu yesterday and I must say WOW!!! I had a very weird experince. It was like I had a waking dream or something. Okay I will try to explain as best as I can. I am in bed with my girlfriend (we are just sleeping folks) :smile: I am half woke just lying there when suddenly I started to move towards my girlfriend and we began hugging, kissing, and caressing each other. It was nice, REAL NICE. For about a minute I thought it was real. The sensations and the heat of the moment told me it was real. BUT THEN something in my brain clicked… My girlfriend don’t like to cuddle! You have to know her, when she is trying to sleep your best bet is to stay within your own territory in the bed. In her mind romance and sleep don’t mix!

Then a second thought came into my mind. I have gone Lucid!! Then I acutally was able to wake up and find my self in the same position that I was originally in. But here is the kicker… With very little effort I was able to go back to the same Lucid dream. I WAS ENJOYING MYSELF but becuase I work the gravyard shift I had to cut my adventure short. I had to force myself out of bed. That was pretty incredible. I hope that I can get a repeat soon.

At the start of the thread there was a mention that gotu is called brahmi.
It isn’t.

Well I read about brahmi, it increases awareness too, so it could work perhaps.

A scientific study held in Australia found that brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) does indeed increase memory and awareness.

I was just curious as to where i could possibly purchase Gotu Kola and/or Wild Lettuce? Any of which or both would be of good help. Maybe GNC???

a guy i know’s dad is a certified zen monk and he smokes pot and drinks once in a while, but i don’t think that’s for meditational purposes…

they aren’t… entirely… opposed to substance use though, it’s sort of a mixed school of thought… “everything in moderation including moderation” some will advocate using a drug to achieve the meditation results you want just so you know what it’s like, so it helps you get back on your own.

what is imperative is that it does not become a crutch or a habit if you intend to cultivate your own meditation skills.

what type of store would I purchase this at? how does much does it sell for and how is it used? im Candadian so anyone who knows Canadian prices would be a great help :wink:

Oh, gotu kola is good for meditation, i tried it and it stimulates your third eye. Also keeps your mentally sharp, focussed. However i found out if u take it everyday it stops working so good as often with things u use everday.