I've lost the will to LD

Can anyone help me. I simply feel like I’ll never be able to LD again. Not even with WBTB method. I think because of this beleive, I’m not achieving lucidity. I want to, but feel I can’t. It’s like every day is never a good day to LD. When is a good day?

Technodreamer

Obviously, weekends are great for LDing, you can take your time. If you fail to LD the first time, just go back to sleep :wink:
Also, if you have trouble believing you can LD, like a mental block, you could try visualising your self LDing. Visualise your dream, how you become lucid and what you do after becoming lucid.
And put some effort into it, that always works!! :alien:

That’s it. I have am ental block. I’ll try the visualization teqnique.

Technodreamer, thanks.

It’s has happened to me aswell. I have had one lucid moment in nearly a year. So I took a long 4 month break until I got some cool dream about Dinosaur park. Since then I went back into it and now I am getting closer than ever.

Ok, I’ve decided to take a break for a month. So see ya all next month. I just feel like LD is in my face every day. So I’m going on vacation!

Technodreamer

Well, if you feel like you’ll never be able to LD… you aren’t going to be able to. If you tell yourself you can’t, your mind will simply listen and everything will go downhill from there. No one achieves lucidity as soon as they start… Well, at least not many! You’re lucky to have even had one lucid dream; some people on this forum have been trying unsuccessfully for months.

So, basically, telling yourself you can’t won’t help. You don’t need to think about LDing every day… Just before you go to bed. Concentrating on it too much often does the opposite and you end up getting no LD. :confused:

A vacation may or may not help… give it a shot if you want, though…

Oh, no. I can achieve Lucidity. I’ve done it before, I can do it again. But when you carry on walking and walking through the desert of dreams for a sign of Lucidity then you find you get warn out. I need to stop, and let my normal life (however little) refresh me. Mabye by taking a break Lucidity will come to me. I think because I hoped desperatly one night and din’t get Lucidity, I feel I won’t get it ever, but I know I will. I will never give up until I achieve LD. I just need a little motivating. Taking a break and then starting up again will motivate me because I feel chalanged and refreshed.

Technodreamer

Techodreamer, I know how you feel, I was trying for a long time with little success… Then I got carried away with other things that took over my mind and i forgot about it for a while… And then I came back. In the beginning its easy to get disappointed with no success. Im no expert, just had a few LDs, but I feel im doing a bit better after my break…
But you dont have to completely give up on dreams, dreams are still fun even if you dont ld, so by not trying to ld, but just remembering your dreams is a lot of fun, and relaxing…
certainly take a break if you feel like it. dont stress about it :content:.
Good luck.

Well, I’m still kind of down in the dumps with my LDs, but I try to rekindle my interest with some threads about dream sex :happy:

really, that’s why I tried WILD this morning with no success.

just think of the rewards…

Heh, I think everyone feels like that if LDing doesn’t work for a while. I had luck on Thursday night and came very close, but ever since then I’ve had no out of the ordinary sleeping/dreaming experiences and WBTB/MILD doesn’t do anything. I even have more trouble remembering my dreams. o_O; I figure my mind is just worn out or something, but I’m not giving up.

See, that’s a very good motivation I share also :grin:

I suppose practice really is the key. It’s difficult. But to develop such an amazing skill takes more effort than only wanting it, I think. You can’t have everything you want when you want it… but LDing is really worth the effort, for me. As a kid I used to put my fingers to a window and try to make it ripple like water, in waking life. I’ve always thought of reality as so limited by those nasty laws of physics…

Take a break, don’t take a break - do what feels best. :slight_smile: Seeking new inspiration could help, like reading other people’s public dreamjournals. ^^ Good luck.

what is wbtb or something like that :cheesy:

Don’t get the idea I’m quiting. I just need a break. I will still be using my sacred dream diary. WBTB is Wake Back To BEd. Where you wake up and read about LD for about 60 mins, but 90 mins is prefrable apparently. Now you go back to bed. I t works miracles.

Technodreamer, this will be my last post for a while

I think that I have a problem similar to yours, Technodreamer. I feel that my sub-concious is working against me, and tries to prevent me from having LD’s.

I have come up with a good trick here. Whenever I face something really shocking in the day (like once I found a pregnancy test in a drawer), that I don’t want to dream about, I will just use that thing as a dream sign.
Then my sub-concious will lose either way, if I will face that thing in my dream, I will receive an LD. If I won’t face it, well then at least I didn’t have to dream about it.

A break might be just what you need. And who says you wont suprise yourself and have a few LDs while you are on a break, you never know. Hope to see you back here soon :wink:!