Bright light

Around 80% of my LDs end abruptly because of a bright light. Does anyone know what this could be? For the love of god, the other day I had 4-5 LDs in a row in the morning from about 8 to 9:30 am and they would be going for about 30 seconds then comes the bright light. Its really upsetting me and I haven’t read anything on it. The only abrupt endings I have heard of are from over excitement or insecurity and I exhibit neither. I am willing to bet its because of the light entering my room through the cracks of the blinds. Did anyone ever have a similar problem? Should I wear a sleep mask if that is the case.

You could indeed try wearing a sleeping mask!

Jeff

You can also put on halves of ping pong balls coloured dark on your eyes:)

ya you should deffently try sleeping with a sleeping mask…or you can make a habit of sleeping under the covers…but i never have the “bright light”

yup yup i dont get it

Lol blackeyeliner1.5 yup yup sounds like a song :smile:

Jeff

Either it’s the light or some odd thing that your sub-conscious is trying to tell you :tongue: Yep, best off trying a sleeping mask.

/d.s

you know what i just remembered! in my dream last night it did a bright light too! it was so wierd. it was a big bright light but it faded and then i wasnt lucid :sad:

indeed it is annoying… I have a theory as to what may be causing my bright light the more I think about it. I think its just me waking up rapidly. Maybe I am waking up so rapidly that my eyes are being blinded by the light that is entering my room while i am still having the dream… I am not sure if this is possible but it sounds like it could be

When you expect something in an LD it will mostly happen…

“indeed it is annoying… I have a theory as to what may be causing my bright light the more I think about it. I think its just me waking up rapidly. Maybe I am waking up so rapidly that my eyes are being blinded by the light that is entering my room while i am still having the dream… I am not sure if this is possible but it sounds like it could be”

Well, For the past 2 nights - I have been waking up 2-4 times without trying 0.o and that’s NOT counting when I wake up to go to school in the morning. Well, last night - I think I only thought about dreaming once. I never seem to be able to remember the “dont move when you wake up”
A: I wake up so suddenly due to my mom
B: she constantly bugs me until I get up 0.0
C:I just start moving when I wake up, rarely just wake up and go “dont move” <- which has not happened yet :sad:

Anyways - I hope this “bright light” doesn’t happen to me when I LD :sad: I basically have a window shining with a street light (or the moon) out the side where I usually sleep .

ever thought of curtians?
as for the eye adjustment? maybe NDE are like taht. not sayiong that you are going to die but it has something to do with the flow of blood to your brain, your eye muscles relaxing and then trying to take in as much light as they can then well no one really knows there are a few good web sites on NDE but i cant remember them

go into google and type in it nw

the reason i am stating that is it might be the samew thing, bar you are not dying. or are you and we are all rally dead!!! :bored:

I think the flash is normal, i even see the bright light when i enter a lucid dream… :content:

Thats why WILD is hard for me, everytime i see the flash i know im entering my dream and im going to concentrate too much and than the whole feeling is gone :cry:

well thats it for now… bye

this light might also be a subconscious thing, that you kinda expect the light to come.

No i had it from the beginning and i didnt even knew there where more with the same light… :neutral:

Whenever you see the bright light, don’t walk towards it! Trust me, you want to stay away…

You are making me curious… whats behind it ?

:eh:

hmm walk towards the light . trust me it will be somthing to die for :wink: