Urgent, someone needs your help

hey people,

a good friend of mine has weird sleep paralysis problems, combined with the strange feeling of bad ‘presences’ in her house. heres what she wrote on a community board:

i often suffer from sleep paralysis and it is not a pleasant experience for me. it seems like i wake up partially… my eyes open and i can look around my room but i cant turn my head. i cant control my body at all its still asleep. usually i get the feeling that something is wrong… like someone is in the room with us or someone is in the house and i end up getting terrified because i cant move or make a sound. i will even try to shout “help me” hoping my husband will wake me up but i cant. sometimes i can get a croak out but it NEVER wakes him up, lol. since i already suffer from insomnia quite frequently this little experience (that happens fairly often) is really throwing a monkey wrench in my sleeping habits. did i see something about alien abductions… i’ll never get any sleep at this rate.

and this…

i would definately agree about sleep paralysis being rooted in the transition between sleep, waking, and dreaming. often when i experience it, it’s an all night affair. sometimes i will drift back off to sleep after a semi wakeful sleep paralysis state only to dream that i woke up, and went to look for whatever caused me to have that feeling that something was wrong or someone was in the house. in the dream state i often think i look out a window or check rooms of the house. then i will again wake up somewhat and open my eyes but still be unable to move or shout. i think maybe these bouts of sleep paralysis are contributing to my insomnia too, because its a scary experience for me. i don’t know what causes it and i haven’t figured out how to wake up from them.

if anyone can tell me more about this, please do.

already thanking you for your help,

shii-tan.

Sleep paralysis is not uncommon and I believe most people are able to learn to control it or at least not be freaked out by it. There is nothing really to fear going on. Everyone experiences sleep paralysis(SP) but normally it is shut off before you wake up.

When the timing is off it can lead to a freak out because hey, it’s scary to be paralized. Since your mind is still foggy, creepy dream scenery seems to be the norm. A feeling of suffocation can exist because though your primary (for normal relaxed) breathing muscles are working normally your secondary(for strong inhalation/exhalation) muscles are stuck in SP, so you can’t breath as deep as you would like to in this scary situation.

If she’s worried there are better sites than this for info. Try:

stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html
sleepdisorders.about.com/cs/sleepparalysis/
geocities.com/Paris/LeftBank/1700/hag.html
[/url]

ehh thats scary…im scared…mommy! :cry: :woah: :baaa: :uh:

if you focus on moving a finger it should slowly break sleep paralysis, haven’t tried this since I try to use SP not break it, but I hope it helps.

I heard just focusing on a certain part of your body and being aware of whatever part will bring you out of it… and I guess moving too :grin:

That is also excellent opportunity to explore/get to know spiritual world.I have had sp few times and since i knew what it was it wasnt too scary…rather pleasant feeling.
I guess trying to change ones attitude towards it might help.

Actually i know someone who has a sleep disorder that makes him have sleep paralysis episodes more than most people or something like that. Like his body makes too much of the paralysis chemical and he wakes up often with his body still paralysed. Your friend coiuld go to the doctor and get this checked out if it really bothers her and maybe they can help. My friend with the problem decided to just use it to have LDs and other mind experiences but if your friend doesnt want to do that then the doctor can probably help her somehow. Let us know how she does with this, I hope it works out for her. :smile:

hmm… I dont know, a thought that came to me is maybe she should try to find her spirit guide in a dream, and consult them for advice about this? I would actually be interested to hear someone elses opinions about this as I am not very well acquainted with the subjects regarding spirit- dream guides?

She should learn to use this paralysis to have a wild"enter a dream while being conscious" Then this negative thing can be turned into a more positive experience.

Also the best way to wake up/break out of it, is to focus on moving just a certain part of the body, like fingers/hand or something like that.

i once had Sleep Paralysis, and at the time i had no idea what it was. I was rather nervous, the funny thing was part of my mind was half asleep so i was still seeing parts of my dreams (freakier) and i got the sence of a bad pressencee. Personally in retrospect i think it was the fear of not being able to move, coupled with the half dream state i was in that made me paranoid.

Sadly some people are more prone to SP on waking than others.

Just noted that, SP + my half dream state. If i had a bright light in my dream half - i would have had a typical Alien Abduction senario, interesting to note eh?

I have had this problem only a few times while attempting a higher state of awareness in Lucid dreaming. Does your friend practise lucid dreaming?

In my opinion, she could have talents that she is un-aware of.
While reaching a curtain state of mind, of awareness, while dreaming, lucid or non-lucid… it often leeds to sleep paralysis “problems”. If one does not know how to control it, or in better words, ALLOW this awareness to happen.

Another explaination,
When you reach a higher state of awareness while lucid dreaming, or in fact beyond lucid dreaming is better way to say it… A part of your mind becomes fully aware, this part of the mind needs training, needs growth.
The other part of you doesn’t understand what is going on exactly, recieving new feelings and electros from the brain. This can be confusing.
Confusing one parts of the mind leaves it ‘helpless’. Until it gains control again, you are left in a ‘paralysed’ state.

To understand this will make the problem go away.
Can attempt to complete this state of mind. Or just understand what is happening. Both ways you fix the problem.

In my personal opinion of course.

And yes, focusing on a part of the body will help your mind re-gain control.

Also, If the mind isn’t understanding what is going on, it can turn into fear.
Your mind will try to explain this feeling of fear. Hence, the dreams she has.
If she is interested in knowing more. You can contact me. And\or just reply here with any questions and I will help out more :content:

//litefoot