LD and Afternoon Naps

Ive had most of my lds during afternoon naps.Different times,i guess the latest was around 4pm.If its later i try to overcome sleepyness as i cant fall asleep at night then.
I found out that for me 1,5 hrs naps are the best-recall- and restwise.
All i do then is just fall asleep with the thought in my mind “its a dream,im dreaming”
good luck:)

Thanks! That’s encouraging…
And personally, I almost never have trouble falling asleep… blessing and a curse… I can often sleep pretty much all darn weekend, getting up pretty much just for biological necessities.
Peace,
Sruthan

I have tried napping before and I didn’t even remember a dream. It just seems like I go to sleep (takes a long time since it feels like I’m forcing it on myself to fall asleep), and wake up. I can’t remember a single thing.

i took a nap today (not to try to have an LD, but because i haven’t been getting enough sleep)

it was weird, i had a few WILDs (i guess you could call them that) w/o intending to and lost them when i tried to stabilize 'em shrug

i think i might experiment w/ taking naps some more

I usually get quite enough sleep during the night, so it’s hard for me to fall asleep while trying to take a nap… Save for if I had a very busy day. Otherwise I feel like I’m forcing myself to sleep, which almost always results in not being able to sleep. So I’ve never been successful with having an LD during a nap…

/ds

That was basically my experience yesterday for the nap too… just very brief flashes of memory. I’m starting to wonder if later-in-the-day naps don’t have much REM, kinda like the first couple hours of night sleep usually don’t.

Peace,
Sruthan

Yeah that’s what I was thinking, I took mine at 4 PM, maybe I should have done it at a different time. I’m not a fan of napping though.

Really? First 2 lucid dreams = 5:00 PM naps. Haven’t tried it since due to my not having time, of course. Hey, homework sucks.

can u LD when taking a nap, if so is it a higher chance LD’s will happen? :smile:

I’ve definitely had ld’s while napping. I think part of it is that you’re sleeping during the day, and outside noises make their way into your dreams, and you start to notice. It’s usually a lot quiter at night, so I sleep more soundly.

i tried this today and in the middle of a dream (non lucid) a truck drove past my place and woke me up :grrr:

i didnt even have a chance to try and become lucid…

Dreams tend to be very vivid during afternoon naps. I’ve tried a couple of times to have a NILD but havn’t succeeded yet.

About a week ago, I got home from school early and had nothing at all to do, and daytime TV sucks, so I decided to nap. Within about 1 hour or so I had 2 dreams. I never realized I could get into REM sleep so easily, and from being fully awake.

So, if you can dream in an afternoon nap, you can LD in an afternoon nap.
Hasnt happend for me yet though, but the more I try, the better my chances of success.

EDIT: Those 2 dreams were extremely vivid, and I cant believe I did not clue into the fact that I was dreaming. I was staring at an MSN screen, and I couldnt read the typing!

Naps are excellent for lucid dreaming. I’m not just saying this from my own experience, Laberge also proved that it will be easier to achieve lucidity in naps.

And from my own experience, naps are great for LDing. I nap quite often (not intentionally though :happy: ) and I have LDs very often while napping.

wow ive been gone a while. ok i used to have a lot of near lucid experiences while taking an afternoon nap. in fact all my lucid and near lucid experiences have been while taking afternoon naps. so i made a habit of taking one almost every afternoon. anyway i was doing fine until all of a sudden last month all my dream recall for my afternoon naps pretty much just died. i dont know wtf happened. i still have normal dream recall for regular sleep at night but i can never remeber anything that happens in my dreams when i take naps now. my chances of becoming lucid again in normal sleep at night are pretty slim to none id say, thats why i made a habit of taking a nap every afternoon, because i always came so much closer to lucidty in those naps. does anybody out there know whats wrong, or if there’s anything i can do to return my dream recall for these naps? i hope it’s nothing but a simple dry spell, if that.

Perhaps you’re body became to used to sleeping in the afternoon… and the REM periods lessened… Just a thought :neutral:

I was just wondering how many of you advanced LD’ers can nap and get LD’s. I know that it is sometimes the best way for me to remember a dream because I easily awake after some naps. I’m talking a good hour long or more nap. Probably no longer than 3 hours since I wouldn’t consider that a nap.

Usually I don’t remember dreaming at all when I take a nap… probably because I’m so tired.

Well, i don’t consider myself as an " advanced" LDers, but since i did have a lot of LDs during day naps… :wink:

Usually, i take naps around 5 and i sleep about 45 minutes… But sometimes i have an LD like 15 min after a fall asleep… And yes for me too it is a very good way to remember them correctly…

And i feel soooo good after a good LD nap… :tongue: :grin: And i think it is a good opportunity to try to WILD… I had some results with it…
:tongue:

Interesting. Hopefully I can be able to do the same. It seems I enter into a dream even faster when I take naps 45min to an hour long. I will have to try WILD with that sort of situation.