Problems, questions. I'm new here, can any help?

I have been trying for several months. Here goes, grab some popcorn.

My first lucid dream, i was thrown into a hovering state between my bed and my desk immediately after becoming lucid. Then I woke up. I did not EVER get over excited.

Next, I had some lds where everything was visible, but the edges of my vision were REALLY dark and I nearly killed myself trying to stay in the dream.

I had a few successful ones, spinning works for me now, but one went really wrong (don’t wanna talk a bout it), and thats the short story.

90% of my Lds have that darkness before ejection.

Questions-
-Any ideas on how to fix it?
-does anyone have any experienced lucid dreaming without having to keep a dream jounal? if so, what is your method? (I kept one, ubt it’s starting to become a pain in the neck)
-Can someone discribe WHEN it is okay to stand up during WILD, like, can you describe it? I got REALLY far into the process, but I had to use the restroom REALLY bad, and so I stood up to see if I was at least OBE.
-If I am in a mutual dream with my friend, (Lucid), if I give him a pearl drink (which he has never had before but I have), will it taste like a pearl drink or will it taste like what it looks like?
-does anyone lucid dream frequently(1 or more a night) during school year? and if so, what is your method?

Thank you all! :slight_smile: I know you won’t let me down like those people at GameFaQs.

Thank you all once more.

Did you ever believe the dream was about to end or go non-lucid? Maybe the dream location was around sunset, or it could be a valid claim to the dream ending as far as LD-ing goes. You could try just letting your vision go black and see where you end up.

Try the above. Let your vision go black and see where you end up. You could also try spinning on your axis or other methods. Maybe you could try doing a RC. Also, try and “sense” what you are feeling right before you start to fade to black. If you sense those feelings in another dream, you could combat the blackness before it gets too much control over your dream.

I usually keep a dream journal and at first, it helped my dream recall very much. Lately, though, I wake up remembering a dream, or bits and pieces come to me within 2 hours after waking up, and I don’t write any keywords or descriptions down, but I’m still able to remember the key facts. My advice would be to start writing down key words first, then going through the keywords and listing descriptions and your feelings about them. Also try to record any DCs, location, temperature, colors, small details like that. I’m trying to do more of this myself, so I’d like to hear how it’s coming along with you.

I can’t help you there. I haven’t tried WILD yet.

I’d appreciate it if you tried some of my suggestions. I’m not guaranteeing (sp?) they will work, but I don’t really have the chance to try them myself, as my lucid dreaming is a bit out of whack (I’ve only had one…ugh!) Let me know if they work for you, ok? Thanks for taking the time to read this!

well… my darkness ones, are normal, they’re just dark. They don’t end right away.

BUt some, as soon as i’m lucid, i wake up. And I don’t get excited. and I wake up :bored: like this. -_- I will try some of you stuff. Thank you.

Tell me- I’m buckling down. This is my new Schedule. Tell me if it works anyone-

-Do the napping technique on weekends
-write keywords whenever i am not too lazy (If it’s keywords, I could prolbably do them)
-Reality Check like crazy
-associate dreaming with Hah yo ga (song)
-try WILD
-Eat cheese
-take daily naps
-use mild

how does that sound? Does anyone see any flaws?

This may have actually been a OBE.

I’ve never really bothered with a dream journal. I have a good memory anyways, i will only write them down if they were really good and i want to keep the written record.

Hmm good question. Personally i find all foods taste different to their real life counter parts anyways. If any one could test this theory i would be interested to know the results.

yes and no. Some people can LD at will - ie: as many as they want when they want to. Sadly i’m not one of them :sad:

I would have been intersted in talking bout what went wrong with your spinning technique, but i’m guessing it was something bad - hence why you don’t wish to talk about it.

As for the darkness it’s possible that you are just waking up, i get that darkness when i wake up LD or ND. at one point i was able to “hold onto the dream” and actually call it back. Also if you are lucid and your dream goes dark, try “creating” a flash light and see if that helps. (simple but could work)

and most of all Good Luck!

ps: i like the name :smile:

you sound like you’re going through basic training in the military. relax. LDing is supposed to be fun :smile:

i had the same problem when i started LDing i would wake up soon or immediately after i became lucid. it will pass. your conscious mind needs to get acclimated to operating in the dreamscape.

good luck, and don’t forget to relax and have fun :yinyang:

I’m starting to get dragged under.

It was not an OBE, cuz before that it was a regular dream until i realized i had 2 of the same friend. then i teleported to that spot.

I am going through this “Boot camp” because i am being “passionate”. I am giving my all to the subject without results. -_-

-_- Does anyone have any advice? I Try my hardest, but get few results.

Just this morning, I have a lucid dream sorta. I did the NiLD, and WILD, and I keep openng my eyes on purpose to see if anything change, then i notice fan blades are now white! I sit up, and then a black orange cloud hovers in front of me for three seconds, then i wake up sitting up and fan is back to normal.

And the other day, i try spinning, and the place turn black for first time which i have actually been expecting, but then i pass out and nothing is left of my memory.

I’m starting to think of quitting, but i REALLY want to learn this. REALLY. I’m just not gifted. -_-

Any advice? at all!? even some i already heard?

I’ve heard someone say that trying TOO hard can actually be counter-productive. I really wanna do this, too, no results for 3-4 months, but it’ll come…At least, that’s the plan. :wink:
Anyway, you’re having all this stuff go on, so I think if you keep going with it, eventually these things will become more frequent and/or more lengthy… :content:
Just keep at it, I guess.

thank you. :slight_smile:

but the thing is, there was a month where i had my first ones, i counted about twenty five.

Since school started, i’ve had about 5.

-_-

thanks you guys.

You had many in one month, yet that number went down on restarting school.

This could be due to many things.

Stress; starting back at school can obviously be a stressful thing

Change of Sleeping times & habbits; the change of sleeping habbits can also effect your dreaming habits which in turn would effect your abilty to LD.

it could be some outside type of interference that is effecting your ability to LD.

A.Stress can’t be it. I PWN school. There’s no worry there.
B.Can you give me any suggestioins on how to fix it?
I have my summer sleep schedule during weekends, but it still no work.-_-

if you have only just started back, i would suggest being patient.

Let your new sleeping pattern routine again could take a month or so, and then your LDs should start comming back to you again. Since you have had 5 since you started back it probably will come quickly.

failing that look on the brightside, i’ve only managed 3 lucids this year :cry:

Stress or a change in your lifestyle. Duh.

By the way, I just added that so I can comment on your super avatar :grin:

Yeah, LDing isn’t something that comes easily… You can use school to your advantage, though. There’s a topic up on it: https://community.ld4all.com/t/school-and-lucid-dreaming/8217

/ds

dude. I know it no come easy. But I have done it many times. I wanna know why this crap happens to me tho. I Have worked hard and kinda reaped what I have sewn. But I’m wondering how to fix it. I have kept up my schedule.

My point is-how do I fix what I have asked, and I have new questions. :slight_smile: (endure please)

1.Does anyone use MILD or WILD effectively at NIGHT, not in a nap?

And I’m glad everyone enjoys my avatar so much. ^^ I love ayumi hamasaki. ^^

Yes, almost everyone uses MILD when they go to sleep at night…WILD is a different story, usually used for WBTB or naps. :content:
Oh, and I think the only reason DS mentioned that is because you got so good so quick, just warning you or something I guess. Shrug

Ummm… what i meant was
“Does anyone have any SUCCESS with MILD or WILD at night?”

I don’t know whats wrong with me anymore, but I’m thankful for all of everyones help.

:slight_smile:

Anyone else like to give my problem a shot?
It would be too too appreciated.

Ahm…Well, I didn’t say it specifically, but that’s really what I meant - MILD is used during the night, often successfully depending on the person, and WILD is much more likely to be successful for naps. :smile:

Trung yes i can wild at night and mild and dream yoga etc at night…

hmm to answer some of your questions;

The dark edges around your lucid dream means this…
Between waking and dreaming is a inbetween consciousness level.
Its a sort of neurological relay level…in this level you have…

1. trance
    2.sp.
  2. hypnogogics
  3. wierd sounds also
  4. feelings of falling
  5. feelings of floating but also opposite of heavyness like 4 g.
  6. somtimes even lightning flashes and voices.
  7. feeling of touching.

This in between level has several layers, at the point where you almost go into a dream its has become a dark void…experienced ppl would call it rather dark then black.
I have experienced several times that i was in both levels at the same time. So a part of me was in this inbetween level and part of me in the dream. So i could look from this darkness straight into a dream.
Well the opposite is also possible that you look from a dream into that darkness, indeed you get then around your dream dark edges.
This has indeed also another disadvantage you wake up way sooner from your ld or dream then normally you would. Is true!
And i have this also experienced a few times…the edges as well as the eassier awakening from a ld.
So it was not an obe what you experienced indeed!

How you solve this phhhew :uh: hard i think!
Your dreams should be more isolated then from the inbetween level…but how…mm dont know right away, how ever i think it must be possible to do!

To solve this could you plz tell me what happens when you spinned that one time and all went wrong…what happend? could you tell me in private in a pm?

Btw after you spin you still got those edges do they become smaller or larger?
And what happens when you look at your hands at the centre line of your view…and then look again around you…
Damn, i forgot what i did then…was a long time ago when i experienced it myself in my lds.
Iam sure there must be away to do it…but i think it will come down to experiment and explore techs…even invent some.

Well now you know what those edges are and why you can easely wake up from a ld because of them while indeed you dont have to be excited at all! Its being in contact with an in between level between waking and dream consciousness.

Greetz,
Jeff