Thank You For your ip

Well thanx for the replys people.

ok first off this is to the mods, at any time you can remove this topic and/ or the ip adress. if it becomes a problem.

right now the reason i posted the ip adress up here was to show the person that is sending people spam and / or virus that they are being watched. So if i were that person i would just take note of waht you are doing.

Having the ip adress is not a great big deal if you do not know waht you are doing. On the other hand it could become a major problem to the person if you do know waht you are doing.

Like is said just a warning to that person or anyone else that is sending junk. be warned

granted but where does it all start stuffness, with the small things

:happy: Dont worry timeless_soul its ok!
I understand why you id it.

And i heared no angry voices at mods central :wink:

So dont worry i think everyone can imagine how anoying this is to you!
Who wants spam, we all hate it!

Greetz,
Jeff

lol great thanx man

oh i love ur little picture for your gender lol thats great

Peace man

Richard

Bottom line is, the chance of an actual human user taking your email here for the sole purpose of spamming you is slim to none.

TimeLess_Soul, just edit your profile and you can be as cool as Jeff, with your own Gender Icon!

…Well, no one can ever be quite as cool as Jeff, right. Or rather, be as cool as Jeff in that same borderline psychotic way.

Stuffness…iam so cool because iam from the ice-age, I still got my fur on me :wink:
(look at my age info you c what i mean)

Jeff

Spam is a big deal.
My last hotmail address (fey_celeste[at]hotmail.com) gets no less than 50 unwanted e-mails per week. This really makes checking your mail a pain in the … .
Most of the mail I now get through that address I filter into the spam bin but that means I have to regularly check the spam bin to make sure no subscribed e-mails get thrown away. Also, some of the spam somehow gets through to my inbox…which annoys me to no end.

There is no way to stop this once it begins. You will probably need to re-register for another ‘clean’ account somewhere (like I have done). The only solution is to not make your e-mail public. If you have to post your e-mail on a webpage, whether in a forum, comments page, guest book or whatever, edit it a little to make it unsearchable by spam bots i.e. realityfailure[at]hotmail.com. I understand this wouldn’t work for signing up to forums though as you have to have a ‘valid’ address. Only for posting purposes.

Another way is to use javascript to disguise your email. I’m not sure if this is a viable option for forum use but on personal pages it usually works.

Sorry you had to go through this T_S. I know how much it sucks.
Maybe there is some way you can report the person responsible, though I doubt very much an ISP would act on it anyway. Guess that’s just the risk you take.

:sad:

Thank you Reality Failure, i know what you mean, a totaly pain, but hey that is life. and no i dont think that i will do anything about it. Seems like too much wasted effort, but i am glad to see that there are a few people out there that share my oppion. thanx every one

Richard

ReaLiTY.FaiLuRe > about 6months ago hotmail changed EVERY useres personal details and setting certain “send me email, publish my email to 3rd parties, release my other info - such as zip/postal code, address name ect. to 3rd parties” set to allow without any warning, you could be getting spam due to that. Same with Yahoo they did something similar.

Free email serivices are known for doing this, also there are some sites that offer serivices such as the “crush” posts and many of the “email your friends this page” sites.

many of them have say that by sending someone “X” from “X” site you are giving your permission to add that person to a spam list on their behalf.

They obviously send another company the list for $$££ they then do the same - and you end up with loads of spam.

Interesting Insane_goth! Hope a good law will end all this sick stuff anyway!
europa is bussy with such a law but the usa is bussy with a foolish law about this that you have to give each spammer a message first, that you dont want that…wow thats totally bullshit!

Jeff

Sorry to ask stupid questions. But what is the difference between an Email adress or URL to an IP? (Besides being numbers and addresses). Why is an IP address so important. It’s just a numbner that leads to no location.

I get not to many unwanted Emails. I can’t get rid of, get your free xxx tablets… It drives me insane! I keep blocking the Emails and the problem is only minimal now.

Technodreamer

So the free xxx tablets aren’t part of your unwanted email? :puh: :angel:

Cheeky! How would you know if they were free or not?!

Technodreamer

ok… lets see,.

A URL (Uniform Resource Locator) is simply a link to a page on the world wide web.

An IP (Internet Protocol) is the UNIQUE number given to you when you connect to the internet via your ISP (internet service provider). This allows you to be identified by any site you visit.

It can also allow Police to trace you should you commit a crime online, since the number is unique and is registered to your ISP.

there are two types of IP dynamic & static.

a dynamic IP changes everytime you connect to the internet

where as a static IP is one for an always on serivce that you stay connected to all the time.

The mods admins of this site could look up my IP for this post and tell you Which ISP i use by doing a look up, if i miss behaved and report me for beinga bad boy :wink:

neways hope that answers your question a little.

The ip adress is very diffrent from an email but i dont think i am the one to describe the diffrence, maybe one of the mods will give you bar far a clearer explation than i can.

The ip adress is like your street adress but on the interent. it can tell people who have the know hows where you are from. It can also be a very dangours tool as hackers can use it to get into your computer, it can also be used as a tracer for certian people to follow your tracks around the internet. There are many more uses for the ip, networking balh blah blah but i wont go there.

There are programs now that scramable your ip, mind you nothing is perfect.

Timeless has it here; An IP address, I think, is like your home address.
Having a street address doesn’t give a burglar access to your home, but once he’s there, he can see if the front door is locked, if any windows are open, left the patio door unlatched, etc.
Makes a nice analogy, anyway.

hey thanx lol :cool:

I’ll add what little I know to the answers.

I’ll start with the obvious:
A URL consist of a domain name; like “LD4all.com
LD4all = the domain name
.com = is simply the extension (which also stands for commercial)

an email address also uses a domain name, but it is preceded by the @ symbol.
an email address looks like “myname@domainname.com

Now, this may confuse you a little . . but all domain names also have an unique IP address. When you request a URL from your Web Browser, the Web Browser talks to your ISP. The ISP has what is called “DNS servers” (Domain Name System.) These DNS servers find the URLs corresponding IP address.
Why? so you can type easy to remember words and letters like “LD4all.com” instead of having to remember our IP address.
Can you imagine trying to remember a number like “192.168.255.123” each time you wanted to visit a different website?
That’s what our friends URLs and DNS servers are for. :tongue:

You could type each websites IP into your Web Browser’s address window and get the same results.
For example: you could go to 216.239.51.100/ and you reach the same place.

However, not all IP’s are computers running “web servers”. The IP “216.239.51.100” is the address to google’s web servers.
This IP that Timeless posted is probably an IP of an individual just like you and me. This person probably doesn’t have a “web server” running on their computer. So, you if type this number into your Web Browser you would only get an error message.

I hope this :help: 's :wink:

Ok thanks everybody. So if I just build on our analogy. The URl or Email address represents a name of a person for example. The DNS then tells you that persons address in IP. So how can an IP be used for hacking or tracing someone. I suppose the hacker hacks when a webpage you’ve requested is sent, he quikly follows it, and gets into your computer. A tracer involves your ISP doesn’t it? They record where your request comes from etc.

Technodreamer

He. I worked out how to get IP’s in dos. I found the IP of this website and stuff. Mind you I would never dream of using someones IP or address against them. I’m good when it comes to remembering numbers like this.

Technodreamer

sadly the methods are much simpler than that.

With a simple tool a hacker can get into a site grab the “ip logs” most big sites have, they then have a list of IP’s. all they have to do then is put the in a “list” of people to attempt to hack.

They use programs that run automatically. The only defence against such an attack is a good uptodate firewall.