How? Why?

Last night I had a dream where I was over in my aunts house. I was looking through her CD collection and she had a Korn album. I took interest and read the back and the first song was " 1.Lucid Dream " and I didn’t realise it!!! I even went flipping through the lyric book trying to find the lyrics to the song.

LMAO. ok how much hints do ya need :wink:

That could have been a cool example of letter/object induced lucid dream. in which you purposely try and remember an image word to appear in dreams to let you know you are dreaming to become lucid.

a good example of this was on Star Trek Voyager, in which Chakotay(sp?) used the image of the moon.

Oh yeah, I think I saw that one. Quite interesting, if a little freaky.

Slightly more on-topic, it must have been quite frustrating after you woke up not to have realized. Just try to keep more of an eye out in the future, ok?

my memory is a little fuzzy. I thought it was tuvok at first :eh:
yeah I’m no fanboy… but I watched it every day on upn for a long time

That’s the episode that hooked me up on Star Trek: Voyager! I remember actually trying to use Chakotay’s technique for a few nights after I had seen it, without any luck though (this was before I knew about the concept of lucid dreaming).

I know! :smile: I have told DC’s about lucid dreaming and still not realized. I think a DC is going to have to help me come lucid but I heard there not very helpful.

Well, I just started 2 days ago with this whole LD thing. I instantly knew it was possible, because I have had several LDs as a child. However, I didn’t know that it was so usual as it is until a few days ago. So knowing that this is possible, i was hooked. I have started writing a DD, and I am using different technics and a whole bunch of RCs all the day. Mostly I look at my hand and count my fingers.

I know how it feels to “miss out” on a hint like you did, as I was far more stupid this night. In my dream I was talking to a DC about LD, and about how he could do RC. I told him about how he could count the fingers on his hand, and showed him by counting my own fingers. As I had seven fingers at each of my hands, I said that this was a good example, and that if this happened he should know that he was dreaming.

Still it never hit me that I was dreaming (the DC must have been laughing his ass of at me). I was really pissed when I woke up, but it must also be a good thing sience I am getting closer I guess :smile:

LOL. My god that must have been funny when you woke up.

Moonhunter – Yeah, that must’ve been pretty funny after you woke up. And frustrating. But it’s good that you’ve all been dreaming about LDing, right? That’s one step towards becoming lucid.

/ds

Helll-o Moonhunter! Welcome to the forums. You’re getting pretty close, one day you’ll realize you’re dreaming! As for me, my closest to lucid but not lucid dream was when my aunt told me to do an RC in my dream and I couldn’t find any text. My wristwatch was on all the time, though. So that was pretty disappointing. Of course, your case is much more serious and I think you need some intensive PILD :happy: cause you’re subconscious is killing you!