IDEA: Go into someones dream and tell them they're dreaming!

Okay, this is what I was thinking. (It’s just an idea, I don’t know if it would work or not) Okay, when you’re having an LD, and let’s say… you’re friend wants you to go to their dream and tell them they’re dreaming. So in you’re lucid dream you could say something like, “Take me to (lets just say, Bob Brady) Bob Brady’s dream!” And what if it works? And then find you’re friend, or whoever and tell them they are dreaming so they can have a lucid dream also. It could help people who have trouble becoming lucid! (like me) I’ve been keeping a dream journal forever… i remember my dreams pretty good, and I do reality checks a lot. So anyone wanna try it?

The problem is, there’s the question of whether or not shared dreaming exists. And if it does exist, I’m not sure how easy it is to actually do it… I’ve just heard of a lot of failed attempts, so I’m guessing it’s pretty difficult. However, if you did master it I suppose it could work…

/ds

I have mentioned it few times before but i guess it was so long ago that it might be worth repeating:)Ive done similar experiment with two different people from this forum.Both of them were very talented lders,you can say naturals-they would have lds everynight ,depending on will.
We set it up this way- i was to go to sleep and wait for the person to “wake me up” in my dream.To make sure we`re doing it and its not only my wishfull thinking he was supposed to wave red flag to me first.Then he was supposed to tell me first word of 2words password,so we can both confirm it was really happening.
Unfortunately it never worked:(.Could be for a few reasons-
one that shared dreaming does not exist
and secondly we thought that maybe it would work better if we knew eachother closer(at least know how we look like) and of course there was this huge problem…where to meet and how?:slight_smile:
Im not discouraging you but thats how it was.Maybe this kind of experiment requires both excellent lders?hard to say,theres a lot of questions to answer.
good luck:)

I actually read that before.

I was reading an faq, and they had a question about shared dreaming. They said that if you get good enough at it, you can help your friends become lucid and share the wealth.

I truly believe it is possible, but not much else. I’m a logical person, and it seems the theory of dreams occuring outside of the body would give some leeway for truth in mutual dreams.
But What do I know?

There was also this post saying that sleeping on eachother helps in shared dreaming:)
Dunno bout that but im sure it helps even if u dont have lds at all:)

We should all register for the Lucid Lab and move this post there… but then that would be too much trouble.

Psst… CrzyBlueSkyz…
I don’t think avatars that big are allowed… then again I could be wrong.
So just shut me up and let a mod come along… JEFF!!!

Oh… heh… I’ll make it smaller… I thought that if it was too big it would automatically not let me use it…

:happy:

Shared dreams do exist.

It just takes a lot of practices and instincts to do that. Maybe we can do that experiment again? :biggrin:

Thing I think that most people miss from shared dreams is following their instinct. Plus people don’t know how to “connect” in a dream. Also we have filtering system and it seems to be necessary to remove it before we can attempt to have a shared dream… even before we attempt to “connect” to each other.

I’ll experiment some more to see. :biggrin:

i have tryed this a fiar few times as well. with no success taht i can remember and non of my friends had anything from waht i dreamed. but taht was a long time ago and i didnt have a great deal of skill. times have changed. I will try it again soon and report back i will also post up in the lab if no one has gotten around to doing that yet and see how it goes from there

Thats easy for you to say DM7, i got a 56K modem so by the time i ‘connect’ to anyone it will be morning… lol :content:

lol! I’ll try this too… if of course I have a LD in the next while! I want to (I know this has been discussed somewhere else in the forum) tell a DC that I’m dreaming, and have them tell me that I’m dreaming if I see them again in another dream, that’s probibly about as close as I’ll get to someone coming into my dreams to tell me that I’m dreaming, considering none of my friends try to LD.

Yeah, I might try that too charlottedreamer. The only problem is, I doubt I see any DCs more than once… :bored: But maybe if you interact with them you have a better chance of meeting them again…?

/ds

I’ve never actually had the chance to ask/tell one of my DCs if they’re dreaming/that they ARE dreaming (which would seriously make my heart skip a beat or two!)… but there’s been a few times where i’ve done some out of it act, and he/she/it’s just sat there in awe thinking what the hells going on… other times they just go on as usual, knowing it’s all a dream, not caring (these ones get annoying, the other’s you can play/have fun with >:)

Oh, i’ve also had a lil point a few months back, where my mate popped up from nowhere and told me “You are nothing here, why are you wearing such obscene clothing, take them off and be free”…so I did, wondering why he said that stuff, instead of being stark nekkid, each time i took off a peice of my dream-materialized clothing…I got lighter and lighter, untill I took off the peices covering my so called “skin”… instead of skin there was a grey-ish smooth metallic steel, all over where my body was supposed to be, I could see the shape of my body, but no skin, haha… you can probably guess… but I didn’t take too much notice of the extremities of my body.

I just flew away, and lived my dream happily ever after

:eek:

I have told many a time people in my dream that they are dreaming. actally just one girl but hey. all these times i thought didnt work. actally thinking back on them they did…

still on your remark :eek: