Dream Guide(?) introduces himself

I’ve never been intrigued by the concept of a Spirit or Dream guide. I’m not sure what their function is or the difference between the two.
But, for the third time in an LD, a young boy looking to be about 12 years old has appeared. In a recent LD he appears in a crowd of people that are walking by in front of me. When I spotted him, he looks over and smiles. I don’t recognize this person from RL, and I’m wondering in the dream what this character is supposed to represent to me. In the LD, I call out “who are you? What’s your name?” He says “Ami”, then continues walking away with the crowd of people. I don’t follow him because I quickly became distracted with something else in the dream, but the dream ended shortly after that.
About 2 days later it hit me that ami was the french word for friend. Well, that’s good to know. Although he put the stress on the A and not on the I, as I believe is the correct pronunciation.
Anyway, now I’m perplexed as to why this guy keeps showing up.
So, I’m interested in your stories concerning dream guides, and possible things I might expect, or want to pursue.
Anyone?

I see the big sticky on DGs in Beyond Dreaming.
Never mind. :happy: