BIG Riddle Topic IV [Brainteaser: how to go to Heaven??]

Well I think I’m still sane :happy: but I have got nothing to prove it.
I got the answer this afternoon but won’t post it here as it might spoil the fun for someone else.

I am going insane already.

I thought of a question, but then I go too deep about if that guy’d mess that up, etc. etc.

Argh. I’ll just wait until someone post an answer. :content:

Cheats with two questions at one man

“Do you masturbate?”
Liar: “No.”
“Which is the doorway to hell?”
Liar:“That one.”
“Good day.” Walks in that door

No I haven’t figured out the real answer.

Hm… is the guy that always lies from hell or we don’t know? Otherwise I’ll have a durn hard time with this.

LOL! Nice try infection0 :wink:
No you don’t know if the liar sits in front of the door leading to hell or not. There are two kinds of information here, and both are independent of each other:

1. You don’t know which door leads to heaven or which one goes to hell.
  2. You don’t know which guy is the liar and which one always tells the truth.

Don’t look too far. Think logically and ask yourself this: which elements must certain be part of the question?

Good luck :happy:

Oh and it’s a great idea to make this the BIG riddle topic part IV.

Excellent idea :wink: Let us start as soon this riddle is solved?

:smile: You ask
“What would the other person say if I ask them which is the door to heaven”
They would both indicate the wrong door so you use the other one.

That’s a genius idea moogle! Never thought of that! :ack:

I hate riddles, but I intend to kill my brain for trying anyways. lol! :content:

DOH! :ack:

And it seems so obvious right after she says it!
:angry: :scream: :cry:

moogle: :angel_fly:

Congrats moogle (and the others who have found it as well) :wink:

Shall we start with the riddles? So the first one who posts the correct answer also needs to give us the next riddle, and so on…
Ok here’s the first one. There are many variations about these kind of riddles, so I really hope no one knows this one:

Create the number 24 using only these numbers once each: 3, 3, 7, 7. You may use only the following functions: +, -, *, /. This is not a trick question; for example, the answer does not involve a number system other than base 10 and does not allow for decimal points.

Good luck :wink:

One question. Is that a mulitply and divide sign or what. If so then I think I got it.

Lol yes it’s a multiply and divide sign. You got it already? Geez did you know this one or are you just some math genius? :wink:

wait one more question. Do you have to use all the numbers.

Yes you MUST use all the numbers and you may use each number only 1 time. Otherwise it would be pretty easy I guess :smile:

Oh and you may also use fractions if this would be necessary, because fractions don’t involve decimals.

okay then this should be easy
:uh: 3x7=21+7-3=25 no
can i give up now my brain is overheating real bad like :angry: :scream: :panic: (i sould really get some ventalation holes drilled into my skull) :angry: :scream: :panic:

:eek: Everytime I do it I get 23 or 25!
This time you have managed to send my husband and eldest son mad too!Could you give us a clue?

Hehehe that was not too bad. :wink: I love math! :biggrin:

I found the answer, but I’ll not reveal it in case you want to go even madder. :wink: Actually in fact, I want to see you become madder and insane because of this riddle. :biggrin:

sits back and watches

Oh! PM is on way. :content:

Uh uh, never mind. :shy:

I happen to… ahem malcaluated my math. Sorry. :crying: Look like I’m going nuts soon!

:bored:

lol

quote “Oh and you may also use fractions if this would be necessary, because fractions don’t involve decimals.”

Fractions = decimals as far as i know lol

maybe i forgot something hehe :razz:

Yes… that’s what fractions are for… they clean up the mess of decimals, but it is STILL decimal even though it is a fraction…

So, IS this a tricky riddle!?!? I’ve gone mad! :angry:

AHHHHHHHH! polices arrive in her room and take her away to a mental hospital

Great! See what you have done to me… I’m in mental hospital already! :angry: :angry: :angry:

OHHHHHHH, in math there is “not possible” theory so I’m going to use that. There! It’s IMPOSSIBLE! It has no solution that equals to 24! Hmph!

umm… too too sorry sir but I seem to see a problem with this.
You have four number and 4 sign.
If you try 3+3-7*7 for example, you still missing a /. And I try doing it as 33 and 77 and 37 and 73, but that leave 2 missing sign. Could you PM me the answer so I dun lose mind?

Well, I’ve found the answer. However, it DOES use fractions, and to my way of thinking, this is misleading when the original question stated that it didn’t use decimals. Same thing! :wink:

Anyway, I’ll PM it.