I need help from Hardcore WILDers

Actually I’m not sure if its WILD or not… its been so long since I have read Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming. Anyways, I wanted to know if anyone here can actually do the induction method where you fall asleep and maintain consciousness. I’m not talking about WBTB I’m talking about straight up going to sleep at like 10 PM into a lucid dream. I would like to know how you do it. I mean… I know how you are supposed to do it… relax your body… your body will start to tingle as it falls asleep and keep yourself conscious through the process. But for me… it seems as if it will never work. Normally what i do is I relax, then start counting 1 I am dreaming, 2 I am dreaming etc. I get somewhere up to 500 and my body is really tingling and it gets so annoying that I have to move. Now the problem is obvious… I’m moving when I am not supposed to be. But how long does it take for an advanced WILDer?

Park of Koryo,

It’s nice to meet you. :biggrin: As I recall, we have huge WILD topic discussion that you can post that under, but however, I will answer. :smile:

Yes, it is possible to WILD straight from first night of sleep as I have done it several times. You must learn how to be patience with it and learn how to completely ignore the urge to move. Also the biggest thing is DON’T overdo it. You just have to learn how to maintain that thin line in right place or otherwise you either don’t fall asleep or fall asleep unconsciously. It takes a lot of practices though. WBTB helps because you enter REM faster than usual so you don’t have to be very patient for the whole progress to start.

There are some other techniques that you can use to master your WILD’ing skills with, but they also require some practice.

Hopefully it is helpful to you… please let me know if you have some more questions. I’m going to jump in bed now… so tired. :sleeping:

hey dreammaster, about how long did it take you to enter the WILD when u were first going to sleep at night, about an hour or 2?, and also how long did that WILD last, cause if you think about it, you had the rest of the night :smile:

I HAVE done it, but was scary. -- heh. but I suggest to you for doing it, because even if you have no LDs because you lose conciousness, it is still fun to do. ^^

WILDing is certainly possible when you first go to sleep; the only times I have been able to maintain WILD practices and not fall into unconscious sleep has been while going to bed.

However, I lack the proper abilities to WILD yet…I have gotten PAST the vibes to when everything becomes dark and all light drains out of your vision into a “void”, but whenever that happens I become too excited/focused and it fades.

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I didn’t see that post until now. :shy: Anyways, it depends… sometimes it will only take me 15 minutes to WILD or sometimes it can take me up to 2 hours to WILD. What do you mean by how long did that WILD last? Did you mean how long did that LD’s last from the result of WILD?

For nap, I can WILD less than 10 min and dream within 20 minutes of total naptime.

It really depends on what condition I am in. If I feel perfect fine, tired, and comfortable enough on my back, then I WILD quickly. If I feel nervous or anything, it takes longer to WILD. Concentration plays an important part as well.

Hopefully it was helpful to you Jason31?

Sweet dreams! :wiske:

Yea thx Dream Master, it did help. I was always under the impression that you couldn’t WILD when first going to sleep, so now i will start practicing it and hopefully get better at it :smile: . im about to go to bed soon so i’ll post my results tommorow.

Now you know that WILD isn’t limited to WBTB. :content:

I wish you the best luck of all! Let us know how successful it was. :wink: It might require some practices so don’t get discouraged if it isn’t successful. Keep going! :biggrin: Never give up my friend! :wink: Sleep well and sweet dreams! :wiske:

Hey, last night i tried to WILD, but im gonna post it in the WILD topic, so go read :smile:

:sad: I’ve been trying for about 2 months and can not WILD at all…Well practice makes perfect :bored:

Thanks dreammaster you helped me as well, i had the same problem.

haha, trying for 2 months ?? im trying for 7 months now and i get pretty far…

Im on the edge… and i keep falling off :neutral: