BIG Riddle Topic IV [Brainteaser: how to go to Heaven??]

I didn’t say you must use every function! You MUST use EVERY number only ONCE. And you may not do things like putting 2 numbers together to form a new number (3 and 3 gives 33 for instance). You can only choose between the four given functions. Fractions are also allowed because they are a division. With this you must be able to find the answer.
I hope everything is clear now? (except for the solution ofcourse grin :wink: )

Congrats Atheist for being the first to find the answer! :beer: You may torture us with the next riddle :smile:

too too bad this topic die.

I am good at math. i even memorize alot of PI. I want to revive. :slight_smile:

The answer is okay to post mystic?

I have new riddle that is short. I have many.

You have 1000. you add 30. You add 1000. You add 40. you add 1000. You add 20. You add 1000. You add 10. what is answer. No use calculator. And don’t do if you already do this one. :slight_smile:

Anyone?

but thats just mental arithmetic not a riddle. In a riddle you often have to use lateral thinking.

uh 5000? count again its 4100 lol :content:

Hey, that’s not bad. I admit I quickly got to 5000 before thinking about it properly. :wink:

Ok, here’s one that shouldn’t keep you up for too long:

When I have four I have none
When I have two I have some
When I have none I have them all

PM if you think you know it.

great job xetrov. hey! That is rhyming!

Am I just dense this morning? I still don’t get it. :help:

30 + 40 + 20 + 10 does not equal 1000, it equals 100.

It’s designed to be decieving, and it works. :content:

:eh: Well it is 30 years since I did “O” Level mathematics plus my brain may be going! :cool_laugh:

:angry: :crazy: how does that work? i added up 3 times and everytime i got to 5000, and i use my calculator and it ends up as 4100 :confused:

ah atheist, i see your answer now…

Yes ofcourse :happy: The answer was 7 * (3 + 3/7)
Congrats to everyone who has found it :wink:

Tricky riddle Atheist :eh: Can you give us a hint?

I’m not sure what I can say that won’t give it away…

Ok, how about this: The answer isn’t a physical object of any sort, it’s entirely literal.

Hope that isn’t too much info.

wowwee atheist. Is hard… but I will think more about. :slight_smile:

Yes it’s a hard one. You say it’s entirely literal but this just doesn’t make sense if you think about the riddle in the most literal way… Aaargh going mental

Ok, this is probably going a little too far with the hints, but I’ve already had a few guesses via PM, and I think people need a little more help. :tongue:

Hint #2: The answer can be found in the riddle itself (like 95% of other riddles out there).

:angry: I cannot figure that riddle out… even with that two hints. In fact, i don’t know what you were looking for. All I know that there are three lines of riddle… but what type of answer are you looking for?

I give up because my mind is crazy enough to go to a mental hospitial already. :panic: :crazy:

Thx for the tip. I thought it was something like that but this just doesn’t seem logical…
I think I’ll join you in that mental hospital DM7 :bored:

Congrats Moogle for being the first to solve the riddle! :smile:

pasQuale submitted a remarkably close guess, but so far no other suggestions have been competatively near to the answer.

Good work both of you. :wink:

Just in case you were wondering, yes, this is one of those riddles where after having the answer explained, you slap your head and go “What a stupid riddle!”. :smile:

OK moogle, looking forward to your riddle :happy:

What was the answer? I’m still going crazy! :angry:

:crazy:

And I’m looking forward to your riddle. :biggrin: