Talking While Sleeping

I sleeptalk apparently, or I used to a month ago. Dream training’s stopped it ^^;

But, apparently I’ve revealed some rather… interesting things about myself, secret things Ive only told, like 2 people maximum.

Eheh. That’s too bad. Good thing I haven’t done that. Have I?
I should really set up that recording mike thing that someone referred me to. Can’t have me revealing stuff, now, can I… what was the site for that again? It’s name was Scanner Recorder… ah, here it is. Sorry if this is a repeat, I’m way too lazy to look for it.
davee.com/scanrec.html

Mimic-Of-Distortion

Lol! That’s really funny! :biggrin: We do strange things when we fall asleep sometimes. :tongue:

I often find myself falling asleep and wake up with gums in my hair when I was younger. Right now my problem is, I fall asleep with my pager in my bed… and then in the morning, I often find it in other place. Maybe I have been sleepwalking? :eek: But it’s kinda fun anyways because I get to practice my seeking skills. Hehehe! :look:

I know I’m weird. :biggrin: Oh, have you dream of something in front of you or maybe on your bed that you try to reach it and you ended doing the same thing IRL? I almost fell off the bed with my head diving first one time because I was trying to get my “new” blue blanket that I thought fell off my bed. I didn’t even have a blue blanket that time.

Sorry if I’m getting off topic here, but that reminded me of these. :content:

I talk ALOT when i sleep.
Sometime iI record myself to see what I say.
And alot of the time I get stuff from dreams I don’t remember.

I’m partial to talking in my sleep, aswell.

“Super Chris Beniot.”
“My arm… must be a wrestling gimmick.”
“The ball… ya’ gotta bounce the ball…”

Just some of the things my parents and brothers have claimed that I’ve said.

I have been told that I’m a heavy sleeptalker.

I’ve awakened myself a few times too with such phrases as:

“And in between, he took a bite of the banana! haha!”

“No no the other ring…”

“What happened to all the sheep though?”

those are just some I can remember off the top of my head. another thing is I enunciate very clearly in my sleep. People say I sound really deliberate… I should record myself some time

–Chico

This is all too funny! It’s great!
My brother says things very clearly and loud too. It scares me sometimes, when I am woken up at 2 AM by my brother going “wait, no, unghhh, wait… ahh!” in his room. I go in, and he’s asleep. It kinda freaks me out to go in…

I’ve been told that I talk in my sleep. I want to know what I say, so I might use my voice recorder that automatically turns on when you start talking if you want it to.

Good luck controlling your uncontrollable mouths…

ozzie12

a really funny thing happend to me once… i was gone to bed and my father heard a crash in my room so he came in to see what happend and he saw me there with my eyes closed holding on to my night table lamp like it was dear life…he must have said something like “are you ok?”
and i said "GO AWAY!!!’ but i was asleep! i didnt remamber it at all! LOL pretty weird!

As far as I know I don’t talk in my sleep. But sometimes I have been talking to my husband in bed and suddenly he comes out with something really weird. I had been carrying on a sensible 2 way conversation .
Then I say you’re rambling and he mumbles something and carries on sleeping! :blush: :sleep:
[/b]

ookiedokie
i set up a mic a like half a metre from my head this night, now i know that i am a really big sleeptalker, and sometimes walker too, but heres what i said, and this is just last night

(translated)

“Raspberry jam!”

“eh, what the, oh for fucks sake”

“yeah, more or less zzzzzzZZZzzzz what?”

oh and i must be very busy during the night, at more than 10 times i could hear me jamming some part of my body into the edge of the bed, making this metallic “clungggg”

One time me and my friend went to go take a hunters safety course. Well on the last night he fell asleep in the front of the class. And the class was boring anyways :neutral: Well anyway, he stands up, and says verry deliberatly, “i forgot to feed the chickens”. Everyone was histerically laughing and it was great. We took him and we got a drink. He didn’t remember ever saying that.

This morning I remember saying something to the effect of “I’m so embarassed” and finding myself waking up in the middle of my sentence and I was still saying those words.I looked around for a few seconds before thinking,“I hope no one heard me,” because I had no idea what I said before that.

Once, my brother sat up in the middle of the night and started speaking Mandarin (or something that sounded a lot like it). And he doesn’t even know Mandarin, at least in this lifetime. It was bizarre.

Sometimes my girlfriend speaks what sounds like Japanese in the night. On time I got into bed and she said “Get off me” and slapped me round the face when she was asleep.
My mum calls me sometimes to wake me up in the mornings, and once she called me, I answered the phone, had a conversation with her and was asleep the whole time. I woke up about mid day when I was supposed to be at school. Oh well…

I’ve done it a few times according to friends… something about building a sand temple. going fishing… random wierd things.

Havent done it in awhile though. But last night my GF told me I kept humping her in my sleep. :grin:
Wonder what I was dreaming… usually recall atleast one dream a night but nada yesterday.

Hehe… love reading about that experience. :wink:

I think 1 month ago… I was talking in my sleep. I was signing about really deep dicussions like philos. discussions and everything. I wake up confused, knowing that I was TALKING in my sleep. I looked at my roommate and she was busy on the computer… hopefully she didn’t see me talking in my sleep. :bored: Or she will think I am crazy. lol!

It was weird though. :shrug:

hey come on everybody, get that scanrec proggie and start posting your sleeptalks :grin:

had this really funky one this night, like a two way conversation with myself XD (finally remembered to actually set the recorder again)

translated

• who you?

• who, me?

• yeah, you.

• oh… uhm… (some random numbers)

• no not you

-oh

-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i cant imagine how freaky that sort of dream must have been like :eek:

I’ve been told by my sister that I talk in my sleep (when I lived at home), but she’s the only one whose told me that, so who knows, maybe she was dreaming.
A couple times she would think I was trying to have a conversation with her, and she’d actually respond…

Anyway, thats all second hand hear-say. Heres some first hand stuff:

My freshman year at college my roomate was a big fan of counter strike. Now this was pretty funny… one night, I was about to fall asleep, when I looked over and he was getting out of bed. He said “I’ll show YOU how to play counter strike.” And he walked over to his computer, fumbled with the controls while standing, and then kind of staggered back over and got into bed. It was friggin hilarious!
Next morning, he didn’t remember a thing…

• Seth[money]

Apparently I’m a chronic sleep talker. I was on a trip once and my roommates told me that I named off the names of all the girls in my class. I can’t imagine what I was dreaming about :wink:.

My friend constonly does this. Sometimes its just jibberish, not ever words, but one time me and a few friends were watchin a movie, he fell asleep, there was an explosion, and he started cursing us out! “YOU GOD DAMN MOTHER FCKERS! GOD FCKING DAMN IT! YOU…” ect. Very funny and scary at the same time.