One day?

Yesterday was the first time I had ever heard or read about Lucid dreaming, although I was very intrigued by this topic I had not planned on having any Lucid dreams for a while.
Later that night when I woke up after 6 hours of sleep to disect a dream I had just had and upon falling asleep again I experienced my first Lucid dream, it only lasted for about 10 seconds after realizing that I was dreaming and the only thing I was able to do was float in air before waking up prematurely. My question is, how was it possible that I had a lucid dream in the time i did?
Throughout that one day I did do a few reality checks, and just before the dream I did disect a dream I had just had. Can I expect to have any more lucid dreams in the near future, or is that basically impossible to tell? Also, I have just started to write down my dreams.

People often have LDs as children. It’s a natural phenomenon that can happen to anyone, anytime, anywhere.

It sounds like you’re a natural LDer. Maybe you will start having lots - time will tell! Some people have tried for months to get what you got on your first try, congratulations! And if you’ve got some secret method, let us know about it. :wink:

I had an LD the first night I heard about them too. I remember being in my old house and realizing I was dreaming so I went into the basement to look for my friend and tried to make him apear. I remember looking up close at everything and it was so solid but I noticed that I didn’t have control over changing my environment yet. That was in 1998 I think. Now I can induce an LD pretty much whenever but I still haven’t really convinced myself that its ok to have a lot of control… :tongue:
Childhood issues I guess.

congrats! :wiske: I think its very possable that you’ll have a LD in the near future since you seem to be a natural, just keep on working with the RC’s and I think you’ll have some soon… maybe try some of the stuff in ‘shortcuts to lucidity’ to try it if you have a dry spell

Everyone CAN have them, and most in fact - can get to the same level. It may take longers for others to get to certain skill levels. You could also become a Natural at it and rate would go up even faster if you arent already a natural.
Err that kidna sickens me, how come I wouldnt get one in like…15 days yet? err.

lol! 15 days, lets see… it took me about… 6 months??? Don’t worry, you’ll get it sooner or later :tongue:

15 days is a lot for me to be patient upon :tongue: