anyone failing to LD?

I think the conclusion here should be that everyone can LD, some just need to put much more effort into it due to, amongst other things, mental blocks and such

I’ve been into forms of meditation for about a year, but I’ve been into LDs about 3 weeks now. The only success I had so far was a low level lucidity dream that made me face an enemy in a nightmare. This was enough modivation to continue on persistently with this. I think its a unique experience when you go lucid during a nightmare and save youself returning the dream to normal. I only stayed lucid for 10 seconds though :neutral:

I dont expect much from only 3 weeks though. Like everyone else said its just how determined you are in the mind. What’s interesting now though is that I actually look foward to sleeping now every night. I once thought sleeping was a waste of time when you can be awake doing other stuff.

Yeah… I always used to feel so useless when I was sleeping, like there was always something I should/could be doing. Now I feel a bit better about sleeping in general.

I haven’t been too successful with LDs, but I try not to get discouraged. It’s something that often takes quite a bit of time, I think. Even if I just have a five second lucid dream it motivates me… It just gives me that overwhelming feeling of being in control and being able to do anything.

I had my first LD intentionally within the first few weeks of practicing LDing. I had had a few lucid dreams before that, but without having much knowledge on the subject.

/ds

I became lucid LONG ago, but it seems like I couldn’t control myself. Maybe I wasn’t actually consciously aware, but my dream was about knowing I was in a dream, but that would still be considered lucid, right? 0.o AHHH

As you probably know, there are different levels of lucidity. If you are experiencing low lucidity, you may be aware that you’re dreaming but have little control… If it’s higher, you’d have control and know that you were dreaming. To get on a higher level of lucidity try yelling “Lucidity times 1000!” or something of the sort. That should work… Good luck!

p.s. Yes, that’s still considered a lucid dream as long as you knew you were dreaming. :smile:

/ds

That was in the past, I was like…5?
Yeah, like I knew what Lucid meant :razz:

I cant get a lucid dream, Id probably rub my hands together and do that but right now ;\ im annoyed at the fact i still havent, and im losing confidence and getting doubts :tongue:

It’s hard not to lose confidence :bored: It’s tough stuff. Sometimes I get frustrated because I can do something one night and get an LD, and then try it again and be unsuccessful. But it’s not like it’s something that takes a whole lot of time up during the day. Try to think of it as an addition to your life, not your whole entire life… Do something before you go to bed, and then if it doesn’t work, heck, you can try the next night. :peek:

/ds

It’s been 4 or 5 months now…Nothing…Ack.
And yes, I’ve tried MILD, no success…Yes, I’ve tried WILD, and all I’ve ever seen is the occassional blob of color. Yes, tried WBTB, no, that didn’t work either.
Ack.
It’s gotta happen sometime, and if it doesn’t, well, then I can be the benchmark of failure at LDing at this board.
Whoo… :cry:
Goes off, sets alarm 2 hours early, intends to MILD

I dont know why…I was confident, I understood that my subconscious controlled that, its like it didnt get the message through? Why!? Argh…I was doing everything right

sorry guys, but i think im going to have to take the title for the longest without any success. so far i am at 3 and a half years and counting, if i remember correctly. and thats just the time ive been trying. ive never had a lucid dream in my life, or even came close.

im not telling you this to discourage you, but just to tell you that i Will have one someday, and that you will probably never get to as long as some people have tried. i can guarantee you that you WILL have one, and probably soon, if you try hard enough.

sorry for the ranting folks :roll: i kinda do that a lot runs away

I don’t know what to tell you, Mimic :bored: It’ll come along. Everything might seem right, but sometimes I guess that isn’t quite enough.

/ds

The first time i tried to LD it worked after about a week (to my surprise, i had a 15 sec RC induced LD). The second time it took a few weeks, and after that i got reality check induced lucid moments every 10 days or so. But i have still not learned to stabilise my dreams to last for more than 5-10 secs and lately i have been to busy to even have time to remember my dreams every day. I don’t even remember to do RC’s that often anymore. For all i know, i could have been flying around town naked lastnight :wink:

I think it is possible that i will always be unable to learn to have long LD’s, but it is hard to tell when you don’t have time to practice.

Alayambo - Are you actually TRYING? something has to be getting through wrong

yep, ive been trying pretty much nonstop from the start. you name it, ive tried it (except drugs and the novadreamer), i guess im just really stubborn :wink:

yeah i try the hell outta me one night and nothing happens too. sometimes it’s just not within our control. what really frustrates me is that I only have one chance per night to lucid dream. If I screw up and don’t go lucid, too bad I’ve wasted 7 hours for nothing… if I could get in 5 tries, 5 WBTBs and 5 MILDs a day or something… but frustration and failure are only temporary. Eventually we’ll make sleep the best 1/3 of our lives.

It’s very important not to try TOO hard. Just let Lucidity happen. Why do you only have one chance per night? You can wake up at various times (you do naturally anyways) and have lots of chances each night.

I tried the listening to the Laberge interview method this night and I did hear it during a dream but … but I didn’t get lucid!! Perhaps the volume was too low, I don’t know.

enytime i dream, it is ALWAYS vivid ones, it usually goes weeks or months between them tho…i started dream journal 3 nights ago, and i was lika TOTALY fantaic about it, i tried WILD, i don’t know exactly what happend, but my feet felt like they where melting, and my fingers fading away. I started shaking all over, and fellt rushes of energy through the whole body. I had hypnagogic sound and imegery and so on, this when you enter REM conciously right? well it was kinda hard keeping calm when that happened :smile:
Anyways, after i started my diary, i have had 3 vivid dreams/night…this night i had none…but i think that might have something to do with, that i slept at my brothers place, and the naighbours played anoying music :smile:
well, i still think i can lucid, i can usually tell myself to wake up at X times, and wake up, so i think MILD might work well…I just cant wait to have LD!!!

I think most beginners worry way to much. Since I started this post a while ago, I have had somewhere between 10 and 15 lucid dreams. All you beginners, I think you will be surprised at how easy lucid dreaming actually is.

I have to disagree with odd2k. LDing is not an easy skill to learn, but it doesn’t require a lot of grueling work. All you need is to choose a method, perform it before you sleep, and maybe do some RCs throughout the day.

However, what is worth having is worth working for, and if you stay consistent and keep trying, you WILL have an LD.