OBE or WILD, take your pick

I’ve been on the forum for sometime now and i just figured i had to get this thread out of my system. The reason why, because most new members, or any members use terms that are fully understood. Im not fully sure what people think about certain subjects as OBE and WILDS. The point of this thread is show the differences, and figure out what you believe. See from my point of view, i dont agree with the term OBE. I dont believe that you actually leave your body and see everything as you would from 3rd person view or any view. I just dont think that seems right, under my fiction of reality, that seems to fake. Now the term WILD has not yet been defined under my acronym, but it stands for Waking Induced lucid dream :eh:. So I believe that WILD can be described as the same thing as an OBE, but your not actually departing your body.If you don’t agree with anything I said, please leave a post and shed some light on this subject. Because I think it needs to be discussed. So what do you think and what do you believe in? I just dont like the OBE term :neutral:, i catch myself using it, even though i dont believe in it.

I was actually about to make a similar thread.
There has been many posts like "obe or ld?"Too many considering the subject.
Answer is we dont know.They might be same thing ,they might be different but proofwise its same.Everyones got his theory which he believes in and so far the feeling of it is the only one to say wheter it was ld or obe.
As for me those are two separate things,tho having some mutual points.I wont be making this any longer as we have separate topic about it.
I just say that i dont know wheter i get out of my body or not(and that applies to wilds and lds in general too).My belief is that our mind can exist with no body and wheter its the obe or ld it does.Sometimes it happens in everyday enviroment as we know it,sometimes in strange realms.
In ld or obe our mind has a creating power so what you think ,you get(tho u not allways realize that).So any travelling on the astral plane is same,i dont know why it sometimes feels different.
For me theres two options-either its just our imagination or what happens when we separate our mind from our body.
Just gotta wait for some proofs(proves?)(will they ever come?:slight_smile:

I pick… WILD! :cool:

I dont know, but i’m waiting :smile:

For me, WILD and OBE’s are the same thing unless you go into a deeper trance than REM stage. So, I choose both. :grin:

By the way, I noticed one thing… WILD is something that you use to INDUCE OBE’s. So it’s like OBE’s with WILD. OBE’s and WILD aren’t a complete different thing that you could have a “match” with so “OBE’s V.S. WILD” won’t work in my opinion.

Anyways, if I have to choose ONE. I would choose WILD because it will give me OBE’s anyways. :biggrin: I’m genius. :wink: Just kidding. :biggrin:

i think that OBEs are your consciousness actually leaving your physical body. a lotta people on say that OBEs are really just LDs but i never really agreed with that (though i’ve never experienced an OBE, came close once)

i read an OBE book once about some guy who was really good at OBEing peter robertson i think, anyway he tested whether he was really outside of his body by going somewhere he hadn’t been in the physical world and then when back in his body he went back to see if the detail he saw when he was out of body was there in the physical world

whenever i get to that point, i’d probably perform a similar test shrug

oneiromancer:

Mmm, I’m interested in that OBE guru’s results about that experiment if you don’t mind tell us about it?

Yes, OBE’s are real in my belief… I have proved them before. There are many levels of OBE’s though… you just have to be in right type to be able to prove physical reality for an experiment.

Anyways, have fun OBE’ing! :wink:

i’m not quite sure the actual experiment he did (if i still had the book i’d look it up but i lent it to a friend and he never returned it) but some of the experiments he did was going around his apartment and trying to communicate w/ his roomate.

he said that people would talk back to him sometimes, but it was their unconscious mind responding (assuming he could get a response, sometimes he was completely ignored), and when he asked them about it later they would say they didn’t remember talking to him.

so he tried going outside and looking for something else, like a stop light that was out or something like that. he also said that those kinda experiments were kinda difficult cause you don’t percieve everything in an OBE state as you do in the physical world so it took a lotta trial and error before he proved to himself that he was really out of his body

Mmm, I think I have read that book a long time ago. Isn’t that Robert B.? I can’t remember how to spell his last name though.

It’s a book called something like, “Far Far Jouney?” I can’t remember. Lol, it has been a while ago when I read that book, but that sounds awfully familiar. Mmm…

Sparkle any recall? Just wondering.

no, robert peterson, it was called… *busts out www.bn.com*
Out of Body Experiences: How to Have Them and What to Expect

though i’ve heard of robert bruce too, i just got into LDing cause that book i mentioned talks about it briefly, and in my thinking it sounded like i should get good at LDing before i tried AP

Mmm that’s interesting. I was just wondering. I’ll check that link out. Thanks. I think I did read that before too… mmm. I can’t remember. lol! My brain is dead today. Oh well.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Pssst…

Out of Body Experiences - How to have them and what to expect

The full online version of the book.

Fey~ :wink:

Oh that’s it! I did read that before… the online version! Thanks! :happy: Now everything make sense. LOL! :lmao: thanks again!

nice :happy:

Mm… That looks interesting. I’m going to give it a read. :content:

I have no idea what happened to this thread, but it wasnt what i was looking for :neutral:
I think the idea ended with a book about obeing, i still want to know what you guys think. Im not sure with you all agree with the Term OBE, so i’ll be looking out. :grin:

I think that a lot of “OBEs” that people report are simply LDs in which they think they are in the real world. When you’re flying around and nothing seems out of the ordinary, it can be very much like real life. Then if you imagine there’s some kind of silver thread connected to you, the OBE illusion is even more complete. They sound to me more like very high-level LDs.

Regarding true OBEs, where the spirit actually does leave the body to go exploring… I have no reason to either believe or disbelieve. There isn’t really any conclusive evidence and I’ve never experienced it. Oh well… :neutral:

I’ve tried to experience such a thing, after using self hypnosis, i did have a Wild, and after the short time, it turned to an LD. But after trying or feeling, i didnt feel like my spirit left my body or anything. The feeling is odd, and maybe this is why people can get the terms mixed up. Once i induced myself into a Wild, i felt my head like raising upwards the whole time. Maybe having that feeling of going up, helps create the idea of leaving your body, Ah i dont know :cry: . I need to try this again though. The reason why i stopped, b/c my hypnosis doesnt work anymore :neutral: , Anybody know any new techs :content: ?

Hubbs,

If you don’t mind, I would like to refer you to other discussion about Hypnosis… I posted my technique there and some more information from dummies.com was added as well. Perhaps that will help, unless you already tried that technique out.

Good luck!

Is that a thread? :eh: