Old Hag Syndrome

indeed, when i have the scary one (last is more than a year ago) i always focus on the Light, call on my angel. It helps to get it away or to wake up.

about the ghost thing… well… i have experienced this OHS (yay! new acronym!) always in the same room in the house of my mother in law. It always happens when i’m there. I will tell it to go away and it will not come back afterwards. In my own bedroom i cannot remember i experienced it.

As for OHS experiences without SP, i have once had this experience:

I was watching TV (it was about a boy who only had 10% of brain tissue, the rest was empty, they showed the brain scan on tv) - i suddenly feel compelled to close the window. Then a huge wave of fear waves across me. i feel really scared. As i look at the door it seems to open, and a white light is behind it. A dark appearance approaches me slowly. I’m so scared, i dive under my blankets and imagine this is my landlady bringing me some soup.
I calm down and call my father who comforts me.

this happened when i was recovering from a concussion (i had a bad fall on my head). So maybe it has had something to do with that. I was fully awake at the time. It has never happened since, and i still wonder what that was all about.

Yes PasQuale calling your angel also helps how weird that may sound to some ppl…

Jeff

I’ve had dreams like that. Maybe they were SPs, who knows? It was really dark and I was in my bed paralyzed. The “old hag” was just a voice in the dark, threatening to eat me. Er, I was 5. You know how I got rid of her? I told her to eat my sister. :razz: But she always came back and said I was fatter and had more meat than her!!

Ok, back on topic.
When you’re lucid, well, you know you’re just in SP, can you will those figures way just like in an LD? It’s still your subconscious at work after all… or is it?!

Personally i have not tried that yet, but i would think so yeah.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Praying to Jesus never really helped me with the OHS, even when I did believe in him.

I still have “visits” from dark shadowy evil figures come to masacre me. It’s the scariest thing. I think sometimes our brain just likes to scare the **** out of us for the heck of it. Maybe deep inside we like to be scared sometimes. Otherwise why do we like to watch slasher movies? I even liked “Nightmare On Elm Street” movies. Freddy was such a bad boy. I must be a real sicko.

Well, it’s better if you think it would work (the blessed water) as it works because of faith…

I wanted to clarify this: with the Blessed water you have more than just your faith involved. There is the faith of the priest who blessed the water plus the congregation. So it could really be more effective. Don’t just sprinkle in the room - do that - but also put some water on yourself (on your forehead for example) to bless yourself.

I remember the words of Jesus when He said that some evil spirits need to be removed by fasting. As some posted, the source of this could be your mind itself but you never know - it could be something else.

Blessed water is water that has been blessed by a priest. Clark Kent may like to expand on this. :wiske:

Blessed water=holy water?

Yeah, holy water, blessed water. Should be the same.
But I guess ClarkKent is right. I guess you’d really need believing in it if you wanted it to help. Otherwise it’s not even worth trying it. But then… if you didn’t believe even a little bit, then you wouldn’t decide to try it in the first place, would you? Unless you were desperate maybe… Well you know… :wink:

“Some things are true whether you believe in them or not.”
Not that I’m arguing for holy water, I just love that quote and thought it appropriate. :peek:

I’m suprised no one mentioned this but, if you have a problem with Sleep Paralysis, its best to sleep on your side or stomach. A very large percentage of the time it will occur when you fall asleep face up. No problem for me though because I strangely find it impossible to sleep face up :content:

Yes I’ve read about that, but it doesn’t make much difference with me. I can get paralysed in any sleeping position. I normally sleep on the side (almost on my stomach) anyway.

I have mentioned this topic to my sister (she has had links with the spiritualist church), and this is what she said
wrap an imaginary cloak of protection rich blue or white, I have heard of this happening before
This should be quite easy to do if you are used to exercising control in your dreams.

[/b]

Well thanks Moogle :wink:
PPl surely will try…to late 4 me i dont have them anymore…not that I complain lol… :cool:

Jeff

An imaginary cloak will only work against something which is imaginary itself, however… :eh:

Real belief/faith is more powerful…

It’s the same. However with holy water, there is the faith of the priest involved too, as well as that of the congregation, so even if YOU don’t have that much faith (or none, or don’t believe in it), it probably still works… I can tell you this from experience - There’s a Mass during which you bring bottles of water and the water is blessed, for example. I’ve given this holy water to people who didn’t believe and it did work…

So why not give it a try? I mean, what will you lose?

Yes, nothing to loose.
So I should do that every night before I go to sleep (put some holy water on my forehead I mean)?
Hmm, I just have to get some holy water first…

Make the effort this weekend. Visit your local church, taking a bottle/container with you and ask the priest. He won’t bite :wiske: .

Try it once and see if you need to do it again… Then let us know…