the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic V

I was just talking about something and i made some joke about kharma in an ether or something inside me clicked. I was talking to this guy and I just opend up and talked and explained it to him. It basically involves a lot of beliefs which I hadn’t (consciously) come across before but actually read about today on this site.
The belief that everything is in fact one matter experiencing itself through itself and out of itself. That you are me, that I am you that we are simultaneously both and neither. That death is not something to be afraid of, that we shouldn’t fear it. When we “die” we merely awaken from the state of stupor we all currently inhabit and that you will reach some form of enlightenment and one-ness with the universe as you finally, inevitably awake. I can’t possibly hope to explain it anymore than that and feel free to disbelieve because to me it doesn’t matter as all religions are fundamentally the same and it does not change depending on what name you choose to give it. So there you go.
When I finished explaining this to my friend his first reaction was “Well, it certainly makes a lot more sense than Christianity”

One thing that popped up on this site was that coincided with what I just explained was that through lucid dreaming you could visit what some would refer to as the “afterlife”, others “dreamtime” (aborigines) and others “the real world”. I pass no judgement on this either way as it is something to me that has yet to be explored…

Hi Crazy :wave:

It’s nice to have you here! Enjoy surfing on ld4all… and please feel free to ask questions, discuss, or whatever… we won’t bite ya. :wink: That’s really nice that you had a spiritual/religious awakening. I wish you the best luck in your jouney!

:smile:

I’ve been scouring the forums very thoroughly now and I figure I might give posting a miss for say a week.

It’s all so over my head I’m gonna do some reading, a lot of sleeping :content: , and then come back with some new found knowledge and (hopefully) some valuable input!

See you all around! :dream:

Hi Crazy welcome aboard ld4all :smile:

Goodluck on your spiritual quest and happy dreams :cool:

Jeff

Hey Crazy! I’m surprised no one came up with that name yet…

Welcome to the Forum Crazy.

And boy I like your name :smile:

Thanks! I prefer Chloe though… she’s matured a lot now post-1st season.

I really love that show, Smallville! The problem with it is that it gets on re-runs too often and it won’t let us see the good shows until later… then next thing we know is that they’re on re-runs again. :razz: It’s getting annoying. Grrrr. :razz:

Oh by the way, welcome to ld4all clarkkent! :wink: Happy to have you here!

Greetings,
DM7

Hi Crazy, welcome to the forum :razz: Good luck and happy dreaming :peek:

just my “Hi all, Im new” post!
ummm… what can i say?

been getting into LD/OBE for the last few days and think i came close-ish to being on my way to it last night :wink:

Welcome!

We’re all close but it can take some time to get an LD…

thanks!

so, close but no cigar would be a common occurance around here?
well, im a persistant kinda guy! im gonna keep trying until i get it. it seems like an oppurtinity that i want to be a part of

Some of us are waiting, yes… :smile:

Somebody decided not take care or do anything LD-related etc and he got one - according to a post somewhere here! I think he called it ‘passive method’… I was going to do that tonight. Well, almost. I’ll try listening to a hypnosis (not lucid-related) mp3 and see what happens… Perhaps I’ll be more ‘relaxed’ and get an LD that way! Might try WILD, well if I sleep earlier (I wasn’t managing to sleep earlier actually when I Tried WILD)…

Hey everyone, I’m new here and hoping to learn how to lucid dream. I tried once before but lost track as I was always busy and thus never achieved lucid dreams :sad: . Now I hope to stay on the path and work at it. I am slowly taking the steps. I am keeping a dream journal now and write down as much of the dreams I remeber though they all seem to be just small fragments. I joined this forum to help me and learn many things on the way and I hope to have fun :smile:

Hi and welcome SuperDude.
We will have you LDing in no time :smile:

I think I’ll just throw my hat into the ring with a big Howdy!
I’ve been LD’ing for a few months since I worked out WBTB and early morning cartoons work realy well together, but I still seem to be having trouble controling what happens inside the dreams.

Raises glass
To future posting
drinks

Welcome xJaxmzx :happy:
Good to hear your a persistent guy!
That is a real pro for getting lucid dreams…many ppl are hasty and are bored soon if they dont get a ld soon while normal dreaming can be a great fun and joy also!

Good luck and happy dreams and lds!

Jeff

Welcome Superdude :cool:

Great to see that you are patient with getting lucid dreams!
Dont give up and relax…and have fun dreaming and with your dream diary while waiting for that first lucid dream! :cool_laugh:

Happy dreams and good luck with of lucidity! :content:

Jeff

Welcome PenguinDreams and great to hear you have already lucid dreams!
Well it will take time to improve the control in your lcuid dreams, but you
sure are going to improve at that :happy:

Greetz,
Jeff

[MOD Edit] This topic continues here: Part 6. [/MOD Edit]