Weird void experience

Not sure in which forum to post this but I’m sure it will be moved to the correct one.

This is one of my first and longest void experiences back in 1997.

I was in the middle of a dream when all of a sudden the dream started to fade out visually and I felt like I started to lose my balance. Soon all remnants of the dream stopped and I found myself in a complete void and fully conscious. I thought I would soon wake up but I didn’t. My sense of hearing returned. I could hear noises in the house, a clock ticking, a car going by and all the usual night noises. I seemed to be hearing very acutely but could not hear my breathing.

Eager to experiment with this odd state I looked for “visual noise” sparkles, images or anything. I was amazed at the complete lack of anything. It was a completely uniform darkness. Visual cortex off line?

I felt like I was floating in nothingness. Waving my “arms” the “air” felt rather more dense, somewhere between air and water.

I started to feel scared being alone in the void, this made me feel like I shifted in position and CLUNK I felt like I connected up with my body. The shock woke me up. Visual noise returned and I could hear my body again.

The night sounds were there with the exception of no ticking clock. I got up and had a walk around. Going into another room I heard a ticking clock. Went back to my bedroom but it was too faint to hear from there!

Very interesting! What’s with the clock?

Could this have been a real OBE? Could I have just dreamt I heard a clock? Is it possible to get a hearing sensitivety boost in this state? Why so long in the void?

Thanks for letting me share.

This void, was it like the strange colour formations you see when you run your eyes?

Always do a reality check.

I say this, but in my last dream which included a FA, I forgot to do this.

“This void, was it like the strange colour formations you see when you run your eyes?” No. There was no sign of any form of light at all. Although it wasn’t pitch black. It was kind of dark grey. Difficult to explain.

“Always do a reality check.” Couldn’t if I wanted to but there was no need. I knew I was asleep. I remember thinking to myself “here I am fully conscious in this nothingness but my body is sleeping away in bed.” I really felt free of a body at this time.

No, I meant, after you woke up. Because you asked whether that happened or not in reality, basically. A reality check can tell you if you’re dreaming…

I think you’ve misunderstood Clark. The distinction between being awake and asleep was quite clear.

I think so now, also. I wrongly thought there was no clock ticking in the rooms you mentioned and that you were hearing the ticking there while awake. I thought you referred to this as the OBE…

sounds like a good power projection with a lack of vision, a common problem, or a dissociated type of trance. The Clunk is real interesting.

when I was small going to bed one time, as I waited for sleep I found myself in nothingness. terror hit me when I realized I could be here forever in this void not being able to really think either, so I swung my arms and legs violently hoping to get out, and somehow I did. had such an impact the memory of it still holds with me.

Learjet all you describre about this void also the dark grey…its the small void…that how i call it. Its between waking and dreaming. Its an inbetween stage. you have several levels here and you pass through this one when you do a classic wild.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. Yes I’ve been through this small void a few times now, not as long as the time in my post. I usually pass through them fairly quickly now.

Anything fun to do while in the small void?