Telekinesis and such

I looked at that site, and at the top of the media section notice it says it’s NOT to convince people, but to help learners. I know psychic ability is real because there is just so much evidence for it, I watched a documentary on the History channel about the CIA’s Stargate program (google it), and most of all, my sister was psychic. But this site I have my doubts about. There are many people on the forums talking about what they’ve done to just be 2 or 3 dudes putting up a hoax, but you never know. Also I was reading an article on starmen.net about psychic ability in the real world and how it compares to some old game called Earthbound. Whoever was writing the article claimed to be able to create a visible PSI ball, and months later, someone on the starmen.net forums claimed to be moderately psychic from what he learned at psipog, and that’s how I originally found out on the site.

So my stance is:
Psycic ability = real
PsiPog = may or may not be real, but probably not

Mmm, I dunno. Interesting videos but that still of the swiss army knife just looks like a frozen flash pic. Camera flashes are brief typically 1000/sec or quicker and can freeze just about anything.

The psiwheel reminds me of Uri Gellar’s compass moving trick, but another possibility comes to mind. Our hands (and body) have a small amount of capacitance and inductance that can affect sensitive circuits. Not to forget static electricity. Remember plasma balls? I reckon with enough potential difference in polarity between the pinwheel and hands it could be made to move without having anything to do with TK. I should make something up to experiment with. :cool:

fork-you.com/

Try spoon bending (or fork bending) for yourselves!
Step-by-step instructions!!

Yeehaa!!

runs to grab a spoon

I don’t get it. Mine didn’t bend without a lot of force. I can’t be holding my mouth right.

You actually tried the spoon-bending thing? I wouldn’t waste my time on some trick like that, if it actually is real. People would just say “Wow you bent it with your hand nobody cares.” Or get bored waiting.

Cyril, has anyone ever told you your avatar looks like the cover on Mutter?

Yesterday afternoon I had a look over that site, you know, being the open-minded person that I am. I came to the conclusion that the author doesn’t appear to be intentionally misleading anyone for her own sake, but equally, that no actual information was really provided in the documentation or step-by-step guide.

I can’t help but wonder why I’ve never seen anyone do this, or read any studies investigating why the properties of the metal appear to be altered merely by focused intention. After all, how often are you eating something and suddenly your fork softens, bending at the slightest influence?

Fork in hand, I gave it a try. My efforts were sincere, but I honestly wasn’t expecting anything to happen for the most part. If you’ve managed to get it to work, by all means, post your experience.

I have tried that spoon-bending few times in the past including recently and guess what? I haven’t been successful with it, but unfortunately, I don’t see it as my time to try out. It can be entertaining if it is actually real, but mmm not for me. Actually I’m a bit skeptic about that… Atheist actually has a point about that… why don’t you eat and all of a sudden it begin to bend? I don’t see that around here…

But don’t worry… I will definitely continue to experiment with it when I’m bored. Can’t say my opinions until I EXPERIENCE it. You know? :wink:

I’ll try that psiball thing in math class. If it actually works, I’ll be able to throw it at my teacher as a bonus. Since the psiball thing sounds a lot like meditation, it’ll be good for me even though it doesnt work!

Double whammy. Yay.

I’ve witnessed a spoon bending. It was done by James Randi, the world’s biggest skeptic, as he was debunking all paranormal phenomenon. He wouldn’t tell us how he did it though. He just assured us there was nothing “magical” going on. :sad:

Knowing James Randi he probably hid a play dough spoon up his sleeve lol.

The only time I’ve had them bend was when trying to scoop out hard icecream.

[size=75]

[/size]Nope, didn’t work…I have tried it in the past a few times, I just blamed my level of concentration/or non-concentration on my failure. I was hoping someone here would try it, though, there seems to be a huge level of scepticism/suspicion within this community.

Makes me wonder why so many of you only limit your beliefs to control your environment only to the dream world.
:confused:

Fey~

Probably because when I go to walk through a wall IRL it hurts a lot lol.

Rofl :rofl: I have heard from few websites where they SERIOUSLY claiming that they can go through the matters (phasing). Some seriously claiming that they can transport/levitate.

I won’t say anything about them, I remain neutral :neutral: but the only thing I will say is that if you do that stuff, it REQUIRES a LARGE amount of concentration and energy so you get worn out quickly. Perhaps that’s why not too many of us can do it and we’re not very opened to the 90% part of our brain that we haven’t used yet. We’re skeptic and we’re not ready for whatever that awaiting us.

Sorry to say, I remain very skeptic about that spoon-bending method. I have successfully moved the compass, made a broken watch starting working again, etc. I even killed my flashlight’s batteries totally within 5 min. and couldn’t work until next day even though they were BRAND-NEW batteries RECENTLY installed. I don’t know why I’m skeptic about spoon-bending… perhaps because I don’t see any purpose for it? :shrug:

Anyways, sweet dreams and happy LL!

Walking through walls…LoL

That was funny! :happy:

OK…if you think there is no use for bent spoons and forks, think again…https://www.uri-geller.com/menews.htm
I have seen some gorgeous windchimes (much, much prettier than the one in that link) made from bent forks and spoons…I suspect they have not been made through telekinesis though…hmm.
https://www.craftygal.com/archives/401/table401.htm
Never mind, they still look cool!

What if the same rules apply? What if all it takes is faith? In dreams, you have to know something will happen or appear before it will… know beyond the shadow of a doubt. Maybe the Masters that have walked the earth could see through the illusion of this reality and exert their will upon it, much as we see through dreams and are able to exert our wills on them. :bored:

It’s like Jesus said, if you have faith in Him you can move a mountain. (normally the mountain interpreted as being a problem in your life)

DM7, you’ve sparked my curiosity regarding moving the compass. How did you do it? How close were you/your hands when you did this? This was without using a magnet I presume. :wink:

Learjet, I had it on the solid wood table and w/ focus I could use my right hand as it’s “pointer.” With enough of focus, my right hand could act like “north” pole stronger than the earth’s natural north pole magnet. And, nope, I didn’t use any type of magnets.

I didn’t do it anymore for so long… so I don’t know if I still can do it. I was bored when I did that compass experiment. :wink: Took some practices to be able to do that constantly.

Heck, I did so many experiments that you might laugh at some experiments I did! Hehehehe! :biggrin:

Ok, so I tried both. The psiball utterly failed (the launching part anyways… through meditation of course you can get the “feeling” that a ball is in your hands! but the ball felt so real when I tried to launch it… er, well, you can guess how that turned out. The part where you meditate is pretty cool though!) And the ruler bending (hey who brings spoons to school?) also utterly failed with no good sensations as consolation. I think i’ll stick to the psiball meditation. Pretty relaxing. But no, nothing special about it!

I simply do not see why so many of you are skeptical. You yourselves know of our as-of-yet unreached potential in the dream world…what makes this plane so damn different?

I can’t believe this hasn’t yet been mentioned. Soviet scientists did tons of research in the 1960s dealing with the “supernormal.” What they have concluded was that telekinesis, telepathy, remote viewing, kirlian photography, remote hypnosis, (among a slew of others) are in fact real, testable phenomena. Read the book Psychic Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain written by Shiela Ostranderto see for yourselves. Very strong evidence of the “paranormal.” I’m about halfway done, and can provide no summary as of yet

On the topic of TK, the soviets tested a housewife named Nelya Mikhailova for a few years. She’d perform various feats of PK, most of which you’d call outrageous. Some things of note:

ability to spin a compass needle
ability to manipulate household objects (e.g. making bread “jump” into her mouth from the table)
ability to form rough silhouettes on photographic paper

Each time she performed one of these feats, she’d lose several pounds during the experiment (maybe this wouldn’t happen if she “drew” from a source, who knows?), sometimes lost eyesight, feel sick, etc etc

I believe she suffered a mild heart attack and so they found a replacement. I can’t remember her name off the top of my head…but she was able to do many of the things Nelya became famous for AND

stopped the heart of a living frog
caused heart disruptions in a living man

Pretty cool stuff. I really suggest you read the book…anyway, they hooked her to all sorts of wires and measured her vitals…they discovered “pulses” of energy flowing from her just as she began her feats (often times it would take hours to warm up.) They even made movies of her doing these things (there are a few pictues int he book)

Sorry for the rant, but if anyone wants a quote from that particular section, I’d be happy to get it out of my car a bit later. Oh, and it’s out of print now.