OBE or WILD, take your pick

nice :happy:

Mm… That looks interesting. I’m going to give it a read. :content:

I have no idea what happened to this thread, but it wasnt what i was looking for :neutral:
I think the idea ended with a book about obeing, i still want to know what you guys think. Im not sure with you all agree with the Term OBE, so i’ll be looking out. :grin:

I think that a lot of “OBEs” that people report are simply LDs in which they think they are in the real world. When you’re flying around and nothing seems out of the ordinary, it can be very much like real life. Then if you imagine there’s some kind of silver thread connected to you, the OBE illusion is even more complete. They sound to me more like very high-level LDs.

Regarding true OBEs, where the spirit actually does leave the body to go exploring… I have no reason to either believe or disbelieve. There isn’t really any conclusive evidence and I’ve never experienced it. Oh well… :neutral:

I’ve tried to experience such a thing, after using self hypnosis, i did have a Wild, and after the short time, it turned to an LD. But after trying or feeling, i didnt feel like my spirit left my body or anything. The feeling is odd, and maybe this is why people can get the terms mixed up. Once i induced myself into a Wild, i felt my head like raising upwards the whole time. Maybe having that feeling of going up, helps create the idea of leaving your body, Ah i dont know :cry: . I need to try this again though. The reason why i stopped, b/c my hypnosis doesnt work anymore :neutral: , Anybody know any new techs :content: ?

Hubbs,

If you don’t mind, I would like to refer you to other discussion about Hypnosis… I posted my technique there and some more information from dummies.com was added as well. Perhaps that will help, unless you already tried that technique out.

Good luck!

Is that a thread? :eh:

Yep… Hypnosis discussion here… :wink: Click here to be “transported” to it. :wink:

Yah! I love links :content: Thanks DM7 :tongue:

No problem Hubbs! :wink: Feel free to call my mothership to beam you up! :wink: Just say, “beam me up scott!”

Hehehe. :biggrin:

So Dm7, do you use hypnosis yourself? and if you do how many WILDS have you had or has it actually worked for you? Questions, questions :tongue:

Hubbs, Yes I use hypnosis myself. I have a lot of WILDs. Actually in fact, last night I self-hypnoized myself in order to fall asleep easier and have a lucid dream since I couldn’t sleep very well for a long time. And guess what? I had a lucid dream which I entirely didn’t expect to have (I sorta have more than one month lucid drought except one time… :tongue: ). I woke up 4 hours later with vivid recall and lucidity. It always exceed my expectation… not to say that I underestimate it… but yeah, you know what I mean? So, yes it always worked for me. :biggrin:

I don’t mind questions. :wink: Don’t worry. :smile:

That’s cool, b/c i remember actually doing the same thing, b/c i used to have trouble sleeping, and i tried any self hypnosis, that seemd easy for me and my mind to use. That was when i first had an WILD, and after the wild, it turned into LD’s. I think that was the best progress i had in a while, but i havent had the time to try these techs :cry: , i need to spend more time on myself and my brain :tongue: Im to busy having fun :content:

Hey, I am new to the site but i just read this thread and i saw you talking about Robert Bruce. He has a book called Astral Dynamics- A NEW Approach to Out-of-Body Experience, In which he does a good job explaining in depth what the OBE is in nature. Basically the term OBE means Where consciousness is perceived as existing and operating outside its physical body. Meaning that, other dimentions exist outside this one. The one closest to our physical body’s sits directly on top of it. In this existince, it is possible to project your mind onto it and use your minds eye to “see,” or more in depth “feel” your way around it. This is seperate from a WILD because a wake induced lucid dream is an alternative to a full OBE exit. It is something that happens in connection with false awakenings. It is an exploration of the space immeadiatly around your physical body because of the lucid state achived before wakeing. This can be a similar affect to a projected double with the same basic results, but the entire process is different because the part of the brain active during a WILD is the dream mind, while the OBE takes place in the mind’s eye or higher dimention’s mind. I believe that LD’s are linked to activating the same energy flow’s within the body as OBEs and are therefore all a part of the same process. The process of useing your mind to develop higher levels of thought is generally called evolution. Its all a part of the next step.

If you want my personal opinion (usual disclaimer applies!) - OBE’s are a form of LD’s.

What I read so far (scientific papers on lucidity.com) seems to indicate, to me and to the researchers I read, that people having an OBE should do a reality check — this should be interesting. I read that there are cases where the RC fails, things in the wrong places and so on. So it shares a lot in common with LD’s, whatever it is. I’m not excluding - of course - the possibility of external influences (sound for one; external entities like evil/good spirits etc)… But I think the soul does not leave the body unless one actually dies. I’m convinced this is an illusion just like a false awakening, with a false memory of the sleeping body.
YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary!

I have not read a great deal about OBEs, but I know I have had several OBE-like experiences which have all ended in Lucid dreams.
Looking at my dream diary, I was highlighting the moment I became lucid in each LD, and I found this:
‘As I lay there, I floated up, away from my body (but it was like my whole dream-body lifted with me, leaving nothing behind)’ which sounds very OBEish to me.

clarkkent, I thought you might find this passage from the Bible kind of interesting… II Cor. 12:2-4…

“I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago–whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know, God knows–such a man was caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I know how such a man–whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, God knows–
4 was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak.”

It sounds to me like leaving the body was not so unheard of even back in Paul’s time. :bored:

The way I normally understood that was that Paul meant there were 2 possibilities:

1. the body and soul going to the third heaven
  2. spiritually viewing it (like a vision) while not actually being there physically at all ie. both body and soul would be on earth…

Of course, I could be wrong…

Well, thats the direct feeling i guess, but from there i guess its just belief. When i took the time to try it, all i can describe is all this loose feeling and vibes going up, as my mind was too. That term though, i just have trouble using it, and actually think i actually departure from my living body. It doesnt seem just right :neutral: .

I don’t think I believe in OBEs as such, my experience leads me to believe it’s kind of like an ultra-realistic false awakening. It is a strange feeling, though.