Big Psionics Topic

chi swordsman: i have too seen these photos they are interesting but there has been very little to do with them. to my knolage. after they were taken. and as for the auras? well i saw these photos and they really dont look a great deal like an aura, in my eyes anyway. maybe everyone is diffrent. but they are great to see and i did learn a lot about it.
As for the abiltiy to read minds and the abilty to predict what the fighters move will be, mostly this can come from a great deal of experince in fighting. a small twitch of the eye or arm could mean one thing and a slight twitch of the index finger could mean another, our cons mind cant see these well but our sub cons can and this is how many people claim to read minds but are really just reading signals.

now after saying all that there have been a lot of cases that these words cant explain so it leaves to option quite open to mind reading. which i presonal belive is possible. i just choose to look at both sides the same.

and welcome to the forum as well.

Atheist: no experiment can ever be truly 100% true. no matter waht there will always be somthing that doesnt quite fit into the pattern. but as for the experiment here, there is not a great deal that we can do. if you do something over and over again. ie. tuen the key to start a car, and this works for many diffrent cars, you start to belive that turning a key will start all cars on the main this is we have come to belive. but there will always be the time when it doesnt happen. are we to say, taht off that, there might be a force that is stopping us from starting the car. sure we could look to the simple things, ie the battery is dead. the wires are stuffed i could go on. or we could say taht the magnetic forces from the earth is causeing the trouble. all of these could be valid.

but there is a way to figure out wht is really happening. by using experimental conditions. we could for example take the car where the earth will not interfer with the starting of it or we could clean the sparks, or we could change the battery. all of these would lead us to conclude that the battery was the thing at fault not the others.

the same can be done with anything. if we have two or three groups. oje group uses a boul with their experiment. the other uses a air tight container is a complealty non magnetic room, with no way of anything affecting the paper in anyway. and the last group just do it any where.

all three groups would do the same thing, or at least attempt it. this would prove that no external infulences have been made, or have been. also the people in the groups should chnge to see if the people make a diffrence with telk.

granted we cant do the air tight one but we can do the bowl and the open area. if this is the best that we can do . then it is the best that we can do. ofcourse i would prefer live stream then not, as that way we could really be sure there has been do dig enhancement to it. but some hhow i dont think we can.

if we wanted to go further we could attach brain scans to the subject and record all them as well. but seeing that this is not a prove to the world as i stated before. then we do not need to do any of that.

Like i said. if he cheats he is only lying to him self. we will all be able to see if it has been tampered with or not

In the end it is still up to the viewer if the choose to belive it or not. and i my self will probally still keep open mindd and no totaly belive it untill i can prove it to my self. but that is just what i have to do.

if this goes ahead, which i hope it does, is there any possiblites of doing it more then once? just for the sake of argument.

now after that long message, i hope i didnt talk in circles too much.

Peace out

Richard

That’s right, only in this particular example we can actually open up the car, examine the wiring and discover exactly how the car starts, or why it doesn’t. Currently we don’t have any means to ‘open’ up the mind and see exactly what protocol allows this apparent psionic behavior. All we can do is watch it happen, because we simply don’t understand enough about the mind.

For that reason, we can’t chalk it up as fact. As I said before, whenever you can’t see the cause of a particular event, it leaves an infinite number of explanations. Nothing here provides enough incentive for me to suspect psionics is in effect.

Okay, status report:

Ive got an empty jelly jar, but im having trouble getting the labels off, any homegrown tips would help.

They sell sand in huge 5 dollar bags nearby, so thats an option. Although i think there may be some sand around the baseball field nearby…

As for the camera, i have two options: either…

A) I use my friends eye cam recorder thingy and get a medium-quality shot. This way, i can get the file straight to the computer with no mess. But the vision quality would be a bit unsatisfactory…

B) I use my friends high-quality camcorder and get a nice, clean shot. Only problem with that is, i have no idea how to get it on to my computer after that, as it uses tapes to record.

Any more help would be great right now, but all is looking pretty good for saturday/sunday’s debut (heh). Until next time…

I have no idea what the hell you’re talking about (sleepy, no time to even skim those lengthy posts) but-

For that jar… got any rubbing alcohol? If not, I guess a bit of (thicker) soapy water might do it… just have to scrape it a lot though. Not scrape, but rub around with hands.

For that hi-quality thing… if you don’t have one of those new vid cards that support TV in/out, you’re probably going to have to find some expensive-ass device. So better go with that medium quality shot.

infection, for what its worth, thanks. hope you get some rest soon.

ill have to try that soap thing soon. :happy:

best to soak it in that soap water for a while. It’s 9:00 and I’m not in bed yet. This is going to stink, because I’m checking out erowid and it’s gonna drag me all the way to 11:00. I explore the web too much. :tongue:
Well, happy psiwheeling/whatever you’re going to do to that sand!

yeah, noticing a fighter intends to do something by recognizing body movement is a big part of it, but as a martial artist i’ve gotta say there’s a lot of cases where that doesn’t explain it, at some point ‘feeling thoughts’ comes into it…
also, most martial arts try to hide the intended movement by minimising any body action that could give them away…

how many of the people here claiming there’s no evidence of psi have actually tried a psiball??
it’s seriously easy, you’ll probably get something in the first few trys…

personally i don’t believe in psi 100%, but i don’t believe in anything 100%!! :tongue:

it could be biofeedback or something else that is fooling us…but the point is a lot of people can feel ‘something’…

as for telekinesis…i find it hard to believe anyone can NOT consider it probable truth…
with all the known cases of it, lab tests included(and just think of the one’s that were never heard of!) , it’s like not believing aliens probably exist…

just IMO :wink: :peek:

hmmm good answer. i am too felt somthing with psi although i have always been able to do this so i am not sure if what i am doing is anything out of the norm. it is smart to not belive in somthin 100% keeps ur options open.

Granted Atheist i will take your post and give no argument . i agree with you.

I believe that psionic is possible, calling ‘ki’ a ruse upset me a bit, since that’s the label I’ve been using for spiritual energy, but whatever. I don’t think it’s as easy as you’re making it sound, either, but I still believe it’s possible. My only real beef is with some of the “science” being described here.
1.) The bowl does not hold the water together. Surface tension caused by real, measureable, electromagnetic forces does. The same for our bodies. Even if we could not see the bowl, we still could detect the forces and measure the forces. And they would be proved to provide all the necessary force to hold the water in place. Same with our bodies. There’s no ‘missing force’ that science hasn’t discovered that’s ‘mysteriously’ holding us together. Electron microscopes and particle accelerators proved those theories years ago.
2.) A paper on a pin in a jar can be moved by sunlight. They sell them at museums. It usually looks like a weather vane, with different colored sides, but it’s the same idea, any photons (quanitative ‘pieces’ of light) in the room can kick off the paper with enough force to get it in motion. And, a magnet can also affect it, although not noticably, or controllably. There’s also gravity to think about (all objects have it.) I’ve seen an experiment with two hanging bowling balls, attracting eachother purelly by gravity.
3.) ‘Proof’ is not a list of books that the scientific community does not aknowldege, as credible. I’m not saying they’re not, but you have to tailor your show to your audience.
4.) Russia is one of the biggest countries on the planet. :read:

princeton.edu/~pear/2.html
Princeton university is the only place doing research that is worth anything at the moment.

You can’t prove psi with any sort of spoon bending and pin wheel spinning (any half ass magician can do these tricks) pure science only understands pure science.

By the way all the cold war research is debunked, the Russian book may tell of true psi abilities but the science was flawed which is why it is not accepted today.

dreamofpeace.net/sealife/viewtopic.php?t=546 this is my take on extended human abilities on the sealife forum.

"In unattended calibrations these sophisticated machines all produce strictly random outputs, yet the experimental results display increases in information content that can only be attributed to the influence of the consciousness of the human operator. "

Now, that’s what I call evidence. :thumbs:
Also suggests why some people have bad luck with computers!
“I hate this POS!” :angry:
“well, if you were nice to it, it would probably behave better.” :angel_fly:
I find it’s true.

Archrin your in okinawa Japan?

P.s you wouldn’t beleive how many computer I ****up just by being round them, my own computer I had to encase and all sorts to stop it going on the fritz!

I have tried a psiball, and spent about hmm a total of 60 mins of my life bothering with it. The sensations I felt were about the same as meditation with energy transferring, perhaps a bit more intense than before. But that could just be me getting better at meditation. Anyways I tried to form the shell and the psiball and program it and all, but it just wouldnt hit my friend in the back. :cry: Or paper, for that matter. I couldnt even feel it after I stopped. So I think psi is just meditation by malinformed people. Until I see a little more evidence, this be me theoryee.

okay look.

For everyone trying psi balls, think of this:

How long did it take you to learn how to…

Ride a bike?
Read and write?
Whistle?
Walk?
Talk (understandably)?

The answer is, not in an hour. Learning soemthing new takes time. The same applies for psionics. Its gonna take time and practice to get better at it, so dont just work on it for an hour and give up. It could take days, even weeks of practice to make a good psi ball, but so did learning how to do algebra. Point is: learning anything takes time, so just keep at it.

w00t!

The difference is that there is no doubt these things are possible. Spending days, weeks, months attempting to do something which has no convincing evidence for its existence, something that frankly sounds like a childish fantasy, hardly seems worth bothering with.

I’ve actually tried the psi ball a few times before, when I first knew about psipog, and I’ve tried it again a few times in the last week. But nope… nothing. I have to congratulate you, you really had me fooled! But I know better now, and I come out of this understanding a little more about human nature.

Even if by some twist of fate this stuff is real, why should I waste my time persuing it? Is creating an invisible sphere of energy of any use to me? Even the more advanced stuff, like telekineses, what use is it? Being able to move a pinwheel with my mind isn’t gonna help me score a killer job. Nobody’s going to say anything about this paragraph, because they know PSI (if it exists) is pointless. They don’t want to realize that what they’ve been practicing for such a long time is for nothing. Of course they actually aren’t practicing it, maybe this is just some assignment in psychology class to see how gullible people are. I hope you get a good grade. That’s right, I know you’re reading this, and ignoring it doesn’t make it go away.

It has already been said, any half-assed magician (illusionist) can fake psychic abilities. And with computer editing, the possibilities to fake are endless. I was thinking about making a faked video just to see how easy it was, but I couldn’t find any fishing line that was completely invisible. Maybe I’ll try magnets.

Where are my headphones…
Oh yeah this is going in my blog. I’ve got a fresh-off-the-assembly line permalink for you: here
Concider it an extension to my post.

you know what really pisses me off. People who say somthing can be done without a great deal of proof. these people are yes dreamers but they need real proof before they say it is 100% possible.

but what really really pisses me off me is the people that say somthing is not real and that it cant be done. you people are the worst. you CAN NOT tell some one what they can or can not do just because you do not belive in it. Just because YOU cant do psi balls does not mean that it is a load of crap. let me put it to you this way. can you run 100 m in under 10 seconds? well people always said that it couldnt be done. and oh my god it could be done and now people are doing it all the time. The world was flat once and we were the center of the universe as well. but oh my god that has been proven wrong as well.

Do not say that something is not true untill you have really really tryed. if you had really tryed you would not have this opion. you have an opion of some one who has been hurt and you feel fooled. but who fooled you was it psipog or was it your self. did you really try. answer me that.

And what use is a little ball of engery if you cant see it? who knows. but you sure as hell cant tell me it is worthless. This world, this whole damn universe is made up of small little things that we cant see. and i would very much like you to tell me that we dont need them! Just because you do not know what use it can be for does not mean that it is worthless.

So sure it wont get you a high paying job, big deal. does being able to tie your shoes give you a high paying job??? NO but then again we do that everyday dont we.

oh but wait you have mad me mad and i really dont want to get mead here, so i am gonna tone down what i really want to say.

GROW UP

just because you cant do it, or actally cant be bothered to do it, does that make it wothless. learn to open your mind to what could be there. and do not say that it is fake untill you find proof to back you up. just like i had a go at akira55 for what he said without willing to back up his words now i have done the same to you. but acttly come to think about it you are much much worse. he at least is willing to try and prove it. you on the other hand.

there is where i am gonna stop belive me i am not finished. but there is no use bring more onto this topic.

I think we’re all just hoping to step into a world where whatever we want to happen can and will. That includes moving objects with our minds.
Yes, I am in Okinawa, Japan. Thanks for asking :smile:

Whoa whoa Timeless getting a little edgy there. But yes, you can’t say something isn’t real when you have no proof that it is not. For all we know psi may well exist or not exist, there’s just no one doing enough research, and for some reason I can’t find any experiments on the PEAR site.

Oh yeah, R3P7i, your blog is a bit on the strong side, too. And I present to your skepticism about the usefulness (if real) of psi abilities:
“What use, MADAM, :happy: is an unborn child?”
-The guy that discovered electricity for ya, I don’t remember his name.

Electricity used to be of no use to people. Now, you just can’t live without it. So if, over time, people develop psionic abilities, I won’t be one of them. Unless I get enough proof that it does exist, then I’ll put a bit more effort into it. Until then, it’s just one 10-min session here and there when I’m bored in class. One question. How do you make your psiball solid? If I can make a solid one (er by solid I mean carries force and lives on its own), I can prove to myself that it really does exist and therefore increase my motivation exponentially. With each success spawns new ambition, you know, yada yada. I just can’t bring myself to waste time on something that probably doesn’t exist.

I do GoJu ryu karate that orginates from those islands, I can even speak some Japanese, like “arrrhhh your breaking my arm n stuff” :wink:

Everyone who’s being very skeptical about this subject would be warned to remember that the Princton study shows that psi is at work. It proves that operators of equipment can have an effect on that equipment by intention alone even if that effect is small. The Princton study needs to run its course and it needs to be replecated more in other labs to be widely accepted.

Its research will have a profound impact on the design of critical systems in the future, think about what computers control… everything. You don’t want the man in the Inter continental balistic missle control pod to have a bad thought day and start world war three, just as you don’t want the pilot of a plane to give out any unwanted vibes!