Lucid Dreaming and My Lord????

Equally offensive to God, yes.

Equally bad on your part, no… There’s a difference between telling a lie and killing someone for instance…

You could always have looked up 15:11 in a part of the bible and saw if it was relevant to you at that time.

Yes, but only according to “man’s laws.” :neutral:

I tried that, no it wasn’t. The only thing I found was 11 from September 11 and 15 was the local time when it happened. But I’m not American so I don’t think it was relevant to me at least. I expected it to be either end-times related actually, or the feastday of some blessed (not yet declared a saint). I tried to trace the name (Luka) of this DC (very rosy cheeks) and could not find any connection or resemblance.

It felt like it was not what my mind had planned to dream. I did pray for God to give me the meaning, but I found out nothing so it’s likely it was just the fruit of my mind. Also, there is no Revelations 15:11, but there is 11:15:
"The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will reign for ever and ever.”

In a sense I knew it was a dream while it happened, so I guess you could say I was lucid, then woke up straight away with this decision to remember the dream! You could say I was shocked.

Might be different in the effects (on yourself and on other persons).

Getting the neighbour to suffer the loss of his car is not the same as torturing and killling him.

In the eyes of God, it’s the same, yes. But the effects on people are different. On the one who sins and on the other people (the community).

I found this interesting link - it’s a catholic diocese website:

dioceseoflincoln.org/purple/sin/sin2.htm

It says
“It is impossible to commit any sins while sleeping and dreaming.”

It doesn’t mention LD’s - but it’s the same type of process after all, dreaming.

Interesting link, but then again, catholics say a lot of things… :wink:

:wiske: Sage, are you trying to cause trouble again? I think it was you who began the “brain damaging” discussion in “Is Lucid a Sin?” by asking if it was possible to sin in a LD.
Anyway you are outnumbered now 2 to 1. :cool_laugh:

Sage, it wasn’t some detailed argument on that site, just a simple paragraph probably reasoning that you don’t consciously choose your dreams…

I’m just kidding around. I like to pick on catholics because I’m half catholic on my father’s side. :smile:

Ok… :wink: It’s good to know. The great thing about this forum is that everyone has different ideas on things and they are all respected by everyone!

But I thought everything was possible in dreams! :tongue:

But if you become lucid, in theory you ARE consciously choosing your dreams, right?

Anyway, being a new-age optimist, I personally see nothing wrong with dreaming.

But if you become lucid, in theory you ARE consciously choosing your dreams, right?

Yes, that is why all the soul searching is going on. But really it’s a matter of our conscience and our relationship with God.

objective.jesussave.us/kidz.html

the person who wrote this would think LDing is a sin, but then again, he would think anything is a sin, that children should be taught not to speek to Athiests, but should report them to their parents, that kids should go on street corners and read the bible to passerbys and that you should unwrap kitkat bars and stick bible messages in the wrappers, wrap them back up and give them out for halloween… I was shocked when i saw this site and thought it was a joke, but it really doesn’t look like it to me! it’s not that I think that the christian religion is corrupting or bad, but some people take it WAY overboard. Most christians are great people who accept others, but apparently not the webmaster of this site.

Charlotte, I can’t get to it…I keep getting a pay for surveys site going over it. :eh:

that’s ok, you’re not missing a lot. I promise.

if you can’t get to the site, heres the basic idea

(Here in the Halloween section)

[/i]
Ok, I digress, this is getting a bit off subject

[size=75][color=red]Please remove the “Disable BBCode in this post” check to use quotes[/color][/size]

mmmm. We have an Atheist here! :rofl:
But I can’t really judge the site without seeing it myself.

Lol :grin: I thought of Athiest when I read that too :tongue:

This topic has reached over 50 replies and will be continued in Part II :cool_laugh:
found here:
https://community.ld4all.com/t/lucid-dreaming-and-my-lord-part-ii/8581