using LD to increase self controll

Hehe thats something new.Use ld to not let go your temptation:)For me dreams are just to do otherwise,i have enough temptations just walking on the street and thats enough i guess.
I dont know how is it going to increase the skills in real life.If i was about to work on something like that id just go to the strip club and try not to get excited or try not to go upstairs with her.I know id fail so its just not my thing i guess.
Tho-good luck on your quest:)

If I was ever willing to admit I needed help with self-control, this would be up there on my list of things to do about it. What better place is there to fight temptation than in an LD? My particular exercise would vary somewhat – but it sounds like a good way to build self-control, whatever your temptation. I’d hate to waste rare opportunities to have fun though, so maybe just holding off for a full 10 seconds is enough to pass as progress. :wink:

hehe, Jack… there ARE a lot of temptations out there! :tongue:

If I were ever in the situation where there would be a cute person in my dream, I would most definitely get to know them, no doubt… so far I haven’t been AWARE of the dream, so when I finally do, I’ll let you know.

But anyway, it IS added to my list. This weekend, I’m going to try some dream techniques, because most of my LDs usually happen on the weekend.

Until then…

You could do that, but I don’t see why you would. Really, it’s a huge waste to work on self control. I’m not saying you should waste your LDs on sex either. You should go off flying or exploring! Save self control for the strip clubs, as Jack said, or, an alternative to powering up your sexual resistance is to conjure the most beautiful person you can imagine… then have sex with them and in RL you can control yourself more because you will say "ah, screw her, , I’ve got her! (images of that special dream girl up there…) see you can have fun and improve the skill at the same time! :wink:

Uh, but really, it’s not worth improving that skill when you’ve got so much more to do!

Yeah, with about 16 other things to work on in my dreams, I do have much more important things to do… but hey, being able to have sex in dreams without having to worry about STDs or anything like that would be great… :tongue:

Plus, my morals say I can have it whenever I like! No religious dogma to bind me down!

Anyway, I will be giving this some thought. As I’m not a very experienced lucid dreamer, I still have to decide what I’m really going for.

so your saying real girls arn’t worth having sex with when you could just have sex with some imaginary girl in your dream? hahaha

i’ll take both thanks.

that’s true infection0
there’s ALOT of other things i’d rather be doing in LD 's too

but self controll of temptation could also help you in RL
cuz just think.,…

for alot of guys their dicks controll their mind,… and some chicks can controll their dicks,… so chicks can controll their minds,…

but imagine if that kind of thing had no effect on you., you’d have a cleaner mind,… and probly see things from a different perspective too

there Are alot of other things to do in LD … but there Are alot of things to do in RL other than focusing on sex/women … so practicing this would let go of your focusing on women… and that’s how it could also help you in RL

anyways,. i went lucid and tried this
i summoned up an ugly chick in my room., then she was too ugly :neutral:

so i summoned up a not soo ugly one,… and did *stuff.,

and i Did lose lucidity… :neutral:

the funny thing is… even though i knew she wasn’t all that goodlooking… i think i still wanted to do *stuff… :neutral:

I was thinking … perhaps if someone was to stop/reduce the frequency of masturbation, they could have a lucid dream where they do it (or dream sex, I don’t know!).

Like drug users put on methadone instead of taking drugs… rather than abruptly stopping…

It’s just a thought. Might be helpful for someone (myself perhaps. though I’ll confess dream sex is tempting but will probably end the dream like it happened to you!).

Perhaps a dream dominatrix/domina could tell you NOT to have lustful thoughts of her and punish you if you do masturbate?
Being a DC, she could easily know what you’re thinking and punish you or call you names or whatever you prefer… :cool:

Wow, getting a little kinky, eh? I think Jack is used to it, though… :happy:

I’m gonna stop watching this topic, so if someone needs me, feel free to PM me. Until then, good luck with your ugly women (or men) and your desires of being punished! :tongue:

Im sorry i turned this topic this way,it was unintentuionall…
all i was saying was that you can train your self control in real life as good or even beeter…lets say by putting a delicious cake in front of you.Doing it in ld would be a waste for me.
and btw…why would anyone want to reduce frequency of masturbation?Its not something you gonna run out of:)

For reasons of faith, Jack, but there can be other reasons.

It’s like drugs. Ya do it too often, and your pleasure receptors go boom and stop working.

Hmm sex induced lucid dreams seem to go against this theory…

And Jack, don’t worry, you didn’t swing it, it was bound to happen! I think my post was more controversial.

Well I meant that if you could have someone more beautiful than what you see in RL then you’re more likely to turn down the lesser one.

Not trying to be rude or anything, but what does frequency of masturbation (or refraining from masturbation) have to do with faith? I can understand how a few religions can think this way, but I wonder that if a person accepts lucid dreaming and pursues it, how can he/she think sex/masturbation should not be done for faith reasons, as if it ever applied to faith?

Again, I’m not trying to be rude, but I’m just curious as to how this works out. Maybe I’m being completely prejudicial, but I just don’t understand. Thanks for explaining…

firstly, Astar, didnt you say you were going to stop watching this forum? :wink: , or did someone PM you?

Cmon now infection0, im sure we know that our recepters may loosen up a bit, but thats good! then yo ucan last much longer :happy: , girls want it to last longer… or so i hear

Also, if you are to be specificed to dream girls, then you will become too picky, and will only want the finest of girls…

I dunno, jsut rly depends on what your mind is on, because this one time, i uhh, helped my self to some, umm, fun/arousment. and after i went to sleep, i had a ND that i got it on with a chick :cool:

don’t be sorry bout swinging the topic., i really dont mind :cool:
i think its gonna die soon though

shrugs :shrug:

but thanks for your input everyone

No no, you still orgasm, but you get less pleasure from it, and I don’t see why anyone would want that to happen…

And if you only want the finest, you will resist the lesser! And since you get perfect in dreams, you won’t feel as tempted by the girls in real life. It’s a sucky way if you regularly have sex, but if you’re not…

ok, i see, in this case, you just want the better orgasm instead of satisfieing the woman :grin: , no harm… I guess getting less plesure is permenent, and satisfieng a woman is temperary, so you won this war infecton0.

And yes, good point, if you live your sexual relationships in dreams, they might bore you in RL, because you wont be doing everything you want, and things wont be at its dinnest and all that detail.

Ok, so i accedently double posted, so ill make use of it…

2 STARS! GO ME!

Before I say anything else have you read

• Lucidity Intro: Lucid Dreaming and My Lord
  • Lucid Lounge: Is Lucid a sin
  • Quest for Lucidity: A question, hopefully this won’t offend?
  • Therory of Lucidity: Morals in Dreams

Your question relates to the fact that if you are trying to keep to the ideals of the Christian faith…we would try to keep to the highest standards of sexual behaviour.

Thanks, moogle. I’m not a saint or perfect but I try to do God’s will with His help… because I don’t want to offend Him.

AstargGod, I was talking about myself so don’t worry…