New RC technique; Food

I had a rather short LD last night, but my gf woke me up before i could really try or do anything interesting other then a few RC’s and just looking around. But anyway, heres what happened.

I woke up around 7 in the morning, still a bit tired, but hungry. I went and got a drink and some cheetos, and went back to bed, took about 5-10 minutes. I’ll spare you the details of the lucid dream as it wasnt too interesting, but basically I did the finger counting technique first when i realized i was dreaming. 6 fingers on each, reassured myself it was a dream but it was all still a bit fuzzy. I rubbed my hands together furiously for a few seconds (This is the first time i have been able to try any RC’s by the way) and the dream cleared up so i could see i was in a strange and unkown room. I remembered just eating cheetos and payed attention to my taste buds… I tasted nothing. With all of these combined my lucidity had been increased dramatically.

So next time anyone tries the WBTB / WILD technique eat a food that leaves some taste lingering in your mouth- combined with your favorite RC I think it could help some people. Whatcha think? Let me know if anyone tries it.

Mmmm… Cheeeeetos. :smile:

This might work because I have such an interest in food! :grin:

You tasted nothing?? That’s really too bad! In my LD not long ago I was in a supermarket and I could eat anything for free. So I ate a bit of every food that I like… from cakes to ice-cream and potato chips… mmmm :content: It felt so real and after I woke up I almost had a feeling that I’d really eaten all that. It would be really too bad not to taste anything in a dream…

No no… I can taste in my dream, and all other senses… I just didnt taste the Cheetos I had ate in RL

Oh, ok then :content:
Btw: what are cheetos?

I thought you meant cheerios. I know cheerios but not cheetos!

OH MY GOD YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT CHEETOS ARE! YOU MUST NOT COME FROM THE U.S.!

They are the best snack that has ever come into existence. Well, not regular cheetos, Flaming Hot cheetos! And also Flaming Lemon Hot Cheetos!

So what do you have to eat that lingers in your mouth for 30 mins? I wouldn’t be able to do an RC about it, because I’m not going to train myself to listen to what my tounge is saying.

“Btw: what are cheetos?”

:eek:

For me personally when I do WILD I start to dream within a span of minutes when I go back to sleep.

lol! As far as I know, they’re ‘cheesies’… if you dont know what cheesies are, they’re… :help: snack food, come in bags like chips, they’re long and they are cheese coated (like powdered cheese not goopey cheese!)
hope that gives you the basic idea

I’m not in the US, and Cheetos are extremely popular here too. Just do a search like this to see a few pictures. I’d wager they’re the same as the many similar-named products you find everywhere.

Cheetos ARE good :eek:

Hmm, I’ve never gotten to taste something in an LD. I sure hope that I can taste something though… Would be a pity if I couldn’t :bored:

We dont have anything called cheetos here, but we have something called cheesedoodles, which looks very similar to what you call cheetos.

a picture i found on google: https://www.homeworkhero.com/photos/images/page27/cheesedoodles.jpg
looks like something like this right?

Yep, cheese doodles, that’s them :content: We have those in the US too… Cheetos, cheese doodles, Jax… :peek:

Okay, then i know what it is :smile:
Tastes good, smell bad…

Do you know that if you put a cheesey in a marshmallow it doesn’t taste bad! :grin: really! You’ll never believe me but it tastes like easter candy :grin: (I had a loooong camping trip this summer!)

:tongue: wow… now that we all know what “Cheetos” are…

In fact, this weekend, I’m going to try a little WBTB technique and I’m going to experiment with eating Cheetos, then going back to bed. Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Tomas:

Kind of, only Cheetos are balls - at least they are here. Anyway, it looks like the same stuff. I imagine they would taste the same.