Hello All!

Hehe, hi! First post here, and well, i may as well introduce myself.

Im an Italo-Australian, being Italian blooded, living in Australia, very proud of both my heritage, and my country that i reside in. I enjoy going out with friends, boxing, emcee’ing(rapping, australian hiphop though, is very different from USA’s style, no violence, money, cuss talk about girls etc for the most part).

After having an interest to learn about lucid dreaming i came to realise that all my life ive been able to control my dreams somewhat, and i could relate to many things i read about it. However, when in dream there have only been a few times that i would become concious that i was asleep and was actually dreaming. In all of these occasians i would awake, or things would go extremly fast/blury and then perhaps i would awaken or go back to normal dreaming.

Now, after reading this site and others, i decided last night to try out some of the techniques. Needless to say, i was unsuccessful. One factor to my failure was exitement, try as i might, i couldnt overcome it and goto sleep.
Another thing i noticed, was even when i did sleep, it was EXTREMELY light, as in, i was pretty concious down to the point where i was about out and quickly i would awaken. In these instances i would look at my hands and ask if i was awake… and to my dismay, i was. LOL. One time however i looked at my hands, asked if i was awake, and i realised i was looking at my hands in my mind, but i was only lightly sleeping, and not actually in dream. Ah well, another night, another attempt, hopefully i wont be too exited this time!

Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks.

Also - i dont remember ALL my dreams, but a good ammount of em, is this ok? And also, any pointers about remaining calm when i realise im sleeping would be a great help… time to look at my hands to see if im dreaming…

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Steve

It is generally encouraged for you to remember at least one dream per night until you try lucid dream induction techniques. It sounds like you are trying to use WILD, (wake induced lucid dreams), by staying concious until you are asleep. Personally I haven’t tried this yet, but people tend to do WILD in the afternoon instead of when they go to bed at night. Besides that, lucid dreams are 20 times more common during naps anyway. As far as keeping concious in dreams, you can spin around, rub your hands together, or both at once, to help keep lucidity. All these questions are answered throughout the website :content: so look around a little more next time…

Actually, i read all that stuff, just lookin for different techniques people have found that worked for them that they perhaps adapted. Also, i was actually trying to get to sleep, but i was exited about perhaps having a lucid dream, and the possibilites it could hold, hence, sleeping lightly… i was way to awake to goto sleep… So… MILD is the way to go then is it??

If so, Which technique do u find best?! Thanks!

That is the same question being asked over here: https://www.slagt.net/ld4all/viewtopic.php?t=660&highlight= .