Lucid Dreaming and My Lord?-Part II

I know, the thing I thought was really cool about Jesus was that he accepted everybody, and welcomed everyone into his life. He didn’t obsess about peoples choices, but helped them to make their next choices in life. This rubbish doesn’t even relate to Jesus if you ask me.

Oh, wow! That site is so over-the-top it makes me wonder if it’s a parody Christian site, or a real corrupt Christain site. :bored:
I’ve never seen a b[/b] Christian site with a disclaimer:

. . and a “What Would Jesus Do” thong?? The picture looks more like dental floss! :happy:

I’d have to say I love this graphic from their page though: :grin:

This is still as funny today as it was a couple of months ago when I initially stumbled across it.

That’s right everyone, avoid talking to those grumpy misguided souls! :grrr:

For a second I thought you were talking about this site :eh:
Talking of being saved. One of our parish priests was on holiday, he was on the beach (looking like a normal holiday person), and the Salvation Army came up to him and asked him if he was saved. He said that he was a Roman Catholic priest. They didn’t flicker an eye lid…and replied “But are you saved?” :tongue:

Oops, sorry for not making myself too clear. I have a tendency to do that…

They think atheists are grumpy and misguided? Maybe they should take a closer look at themselves.

I totally agree with you. And it gets better when there are people like Jesus in real life (and there are plenty on this forum).

Anyway, this is getting a little off-topic.

that Landover Baptist site is for sure a humour parody site :smile:

If not, then they have serious problems :wink:

taken from the site: "True Christian® Film Review Library

The Matrix Reloaded: If we need any reminder of the threat that the Polish Catholics who made this movie pose to our American values, we need look no further than that crazy old coot, Pope John Paul II, who treats our nation’s thousands of pubescent altar boys like his own personal petting zoo.

Daredevil: Satan Pinches a Loaf and Calls it a Movie!

Scooby Doo: Is Hollywood tricking young children into signing a contract with Satan? "

Yep, Landover Baptist certainly is a spoof site. And a very good one too.

looks at Landover Baptist…

:lmao: :rofl:

I’m sorry, but that was VERY entertaining. Especially the movie reviews…

Yes, I’m pretty sure it’s a spoof site. If anyone was THAT extreme, well… I would be very, very frightened. The scary thing is, some extreme Christians aren’t too far from that… :neutral:

I find the site very disturbing, and sincerely hope it is a spoof. The thing that really got me going was this quote:

"During this time of Thanksgiving, science has yet to provide an explanation as to why there are still so many turkeys available after they were all killed last year. We will tell you why: Jesus blesses us with those turkeys, end of story. We don’t need to read a book to find out where they come from! They come from Jesus! And if those skinny, knock-kneed Africans had the presence of mind to come up with a holiday that centered around eating, instead of collecting shrunken heads, Jesus would give them food so they wouldn’t starve, too. Ask and you shall receive! "

That is really terrible, and I can’t believe that they are passing this sort of thing as Christian in any way shape or form. :grrr:

That site is definitely a spoof, but sadly, I know people who really think that way. :bored:

Atheist, I’ve reported you to the local Evangelical Task Force. Be expecting a visit here in the next couple of days. :happy:

I’m an Anglican and a stickybeak :tongue: so i just have to post my opinion. I agree with Sleepyhead. As far as I’m concerned that isn’t Christian, Christianity is about acceptance and love, not racist remarks saying people are starving because they USED to be headhunters! :grrr:

P.S. This guy is really insane if he thinks they kill ALL the turkeys at thanksgiving! If they did then Turkeys would become EXTINCT!

:lol: Well, it isn’t really funny :neutral: , but I’ve seen this about 2 yrs ago. There are religious extremists in every religion, get used to it. Their actions\statements can be very cruel, but what they want is the attention.

(I haven’t seen it in a while and have heard of it being a religious parody like Maddox but with religion) Anyone else read/hear this?

BTW: There are people way more extreme than that…

You know what sites like that make me want to do? Capture one of them, remove their ability to avert their eyes and to hurt me, and then burn a bible in front of them. Just to see the look on their face.

I think I actually found one of those which isn’t a spoof once.

that would be making you as intolerant as them.

Those sites are sooooooo off the wall, I sure hope they are satirical, otherwise, I’d say their looking a little like a cult.

Well, as far as the original topic goes, lucid dreaming is a great medium for spiritual experience, because your not limited by anything, you can get some really cool perspective from such experiences.

So if you believe in God, spirit guides, or whatever, lucid dreaming can help you make a personal connection there. If you do not, it is a great medium for self exploration and insight.

Why to have bumped the most out-of-topic part of a 2 years old thread? It has nothing to do with Lucid Dreaming. :sad:

This thread is that old?? Crazy.

I just saw it in the recent discussion section at the top of the site, please don’t moderate me moderators :shy:

LOL! The comment wasn’t for you, Josh Redstone, but for the one who bumped the topic…

Oh, heh he :shy:

Sorry, I just hate the feeling that I may have accidentally done somthing wrong :tongue: