Random Teleportation Idea

In most of lucid dreams I seem to end up alone in the same place - the park outside my house. I’ve been in an LD and had the idea of teleporting but didn’t really have an idea how to do it. but i’ve got an idea that might make it easy:

Create a vortex. The technique for creating a vortex should be pretty simple - hold your arms out in front of you and put your two index fingers together. Slowly pull them apart and imagine a vortex forming between your fingers. Then Step into the vortex (like in Sliders) - hopefully you should end up in another environment. It would be a lucky dip, you don’t know where you’re gonna end up and if you don’t like where you end up just make another vortex.

Im sorry to ask this but whats a vortex?? i have heard the word a few times on this forum, but never knew what it was.

Vortex, the way that people on this board use it, loosely refers to an object that has strange but potentially scientifically explainable characteristics, somewhat similar to a small scale black hole. No one, I think, really has a clear definition of what they are, but it is used more to describe the way something looks. (eg, a tornado has a vortex look to it). When I visualize the word “vortex”, I think of a swirling black hole that has a slightly strange presence to it, that is dark and about 6-10 feet tall and a few feet wide. Some people visualize a vortex more as a circular object that is swirling about the center, perhaps a diameter of 8 feet, which you can walk through.

Hi, Im back to posting. Well in my first ld i telported through a vortex to my house. It worked i was standing outside in a park and i thought i want to go home so i thought maybe instead of takin the train ill use telportation knowing it was a lucid dream cause i could read and thats a reality cheak. So i thought of creating a vortex and telaporting to my room i made the vortex then i ended up in my room.

owww a new smily :wiske:

Ah!! now i see. Thx :smile:

Hi
You could pick up Pantalimons idea with the lucid crossroads (Read about it in the Lounge).
Just search for a red door (or let one appear),and step through it.Then you are at the crossroads and can ask the guys there wich door leads to which dream and pick one.
If the dream isn´t what you wanted it to be,you can simply go back to the crossroads

Traumgänger

I have teleported before. All i did was have the will to teleport, and i did, not even knowing where i was going. i didn’t have to make a vorrtex or anything. i got teleported to some weird school that turned into a shopping center.

Some tips: Like with everything you do while you’re lucid and you may have heard me say this before: if you believe it will happen it will. ( i think i’ll make it my sig.) You don’t need to make a vortex, but if you create one and go through it, your brain has no choice, but to transport you.

If this doesn’t work, picture the place you want to go to and then teleport.

What I want to try to do to teleport, is simply close my eyes and imagine the place that I want to be for about 10secs, hopefully by then I would have forgotten where I was anyway, since you have bad short term memory in dreams.