Kill Bill

I decided to see Quentin Tarantino’s new movie on Saturday. I’d heard a few interesting reviews, and figured it was something I’d probably enjoy. If you’ve never seen any of Tarantino’s earlier movies (admittedly the last of which is now 6 years old) then you probably aren’t going to be prepared for his… unique style, which I’ve come to discover people either love or hate.

Kill Bill is strictly an action movie, and makes no effort to censor itself for modern convenience. I’ll state right away that the second half of the movie is literally nothing but sword fighting and flying limbs. Either you want to see that or you don’t, really. If it’s any consolation, as a long-standing fan of crimson art I wouldn’t say it was particularly over-the-top.

Anyway, without ruining it, has anyone seen “Kill Bill” yet? I’d be interested to hear what other people thought of it. A remarkable demonstration of creativity, or senseless violence?

Kill Bill.

Now thats a movie for the ages.

Not once ine my days have i seen a movie with such…KICK ASS ACTION! OH MY GOD THAT MOVIE WAS SO FRICKIN COOL!!! I MEAN, THERE WERE SWORDS AND BLOOD AND AN ANIME SEQUENCE AND OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD BLOOD GORE KUNG FU AUUUGH MY HEAD ITS GONE WHO WANTS TO CALL ME AMERICAN NOW WOOOOOO!!!

anyway, i give it a reasonable 5 out of 5 :cool:

They’re mutually exclusive? :wink:

I’m hoping for both.

Good point. You’ll probably be quite impressed by it then. :content:

His style is anything but standard. Some scenes are black and white, others hand-drawn. Basically, whatever works for the situation. I simply loved the extended animated scene (used as a flashback to introduce one of the characters). Also, it’s interesting how the scenes are presented in non-sequential order. It might sound confusing, but it really isn’t. Kill Bill doesn’t have one of the David Lynch style plots that can be interpreted multiple ways. It’s simply a straight-forward action movie with some interesting new ideas.

It’s actually rated R (18+) in Australia, and I’m not sure about everywhere else. Just thought I’d mention that in case you need to plan for someone to buy your ticket for you. :wink:

Yes, its a great movie, i wish i would of saw this thread, before i made my opinion of the movie on my movie thread :tongue: , but besides the point. That movie was awesome, my mouth was opened for the entire movie. I cant wait untill Volume 2, i been reading all the reviews and some spoilers of how the movie is gonna pick up again. Like you can’t tell where the story is gonna go next, the title is called Kill Bill. I pity the ones that didnt like this movie, i only say this because the person i went with fell asleep and tried to insult the movie afterwards :grrr: . This is the type of movie that i would actually go back to the movies and see again, and i never do that; unless it has the potential. The only movie that has struck my attention like that was X-men2. Well thats another opinion from me, im filled with movie conversations, so i can go on forever :cool_laugh: Seeya :peek:

Thanks for the tip!
Iam gonne see it then :smile:

Jeff

Enjoy :content:

I agree Hubbs, this is certainly a movie I’d watch again given the opportunity. The violence was genuinely merciless, and the characters could not have performed their role more convincingly. On the other hand, I can see why some people might not find the concept too appealing. Right from the first second of the movie, you’re hit with some pretty shocking scenes. Let’s just say the entire movie is based on a character seeking revenge – and admittedly, she deserves it. :wink:

To be honest I’m glad the movie hasn’t generated as much controversy as was predicted. Granted, there’s an abundance of extremely unethical moments (like the doctor secretly pimping out comatose women for profit), but ultimately people seem to have accepted that movies are free to express anything they want, and that people can decide whether they like it or not themselves. Not surprisingly, I don’t actually know anyone who didn’t love Kill Bill.

It was orginal, i’ll give it that. Im still not sure if real people would do a kind of thing, or is it just someone’s idea :eh:

yaaaay, kill bill!

I thought Kill Bill was over-the-top. But that’s what made it so good. That’s what made it a Quentin Tarantino movie. They’re so different and usually over-the-top with the blood and guts. I mean when someone’s head gets chopped off, would the blood squirt straight up in the air 7 feet??? :eek: Excellent movie though. Definately worth a second look.

Kill bill is the movie I’ve been waiting for since I was a child. This is the movie I dreamed about. Pure violence at it’s finest.

This movie has enough blood to give a vampire a orgasm. The sword fighting alone made me wanna slice some idiot (perferably some guy saying “that movie sucked…I liked bringing down the house better”) just so I could see him bleed.

I must say my friends made fun of me for not enjoying the gratuitious violence. I usually don’t have a problem with it, but I must praise the film for showing a rather brutal portrayl. While I wasn’t exactly enamoured with the plot, there was something about Quentin Tarantino’s directing that I find very interesting, the way the movie was filmed…

I can’t wait for volume 2.

I liked Kill Bill…

…until the end fight - I thought it was over-the-top in a negative way with the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon type flying around (not as extreme, but still unnecessary) since the movie was pretty much realism + more blood, but then they start doing this whee-type flying.

Can’t wait to see Vol. 2

I liked the unique style of the movie, but the violence was a bit much. I have been desenitized to violence by many hours of doom and duke nukem, and many other games and movies. And I felt sick to my stomach a couple times during this. Still, not a bad movie at all.

I can see why you might say the violence was “Over the top”, but the way it was presented seemed to remove the realism that could otherwise effect sensitive people. I mean, the sheer quantity of blood was almost humorous. It was excessive enough to separate it from actual brutality in my mind, and probably allowed the movie to pass through the censors virtually untouched.

Besides, the action appeared very much “arcade” to me. Main characters took endless amounts of punishment yet remained alive, while ‘temporary’ characters took little more than an awkward glance to fall flat on their cold, dead faces. It was more like a video game than a movie, and one so exciting that you didn’t even notice you weren’t actually playing it. I loved it. Bring me Volume 2. :smile: