Poll: Lds

1.How many people here have actually had lds?
I have
2.How many?
About 4 “Real” ones, many many others that will last for about a minute but i’ll get too excited and wake up.
3.How stable are they? What do you use to stablize them?
My first one was fairly stable… kinda fuzzish… the second i had was almost as realistic as real life… the very recent one i’ve had was just as realistic as life but faded away quickly… i tried using the spinning technique (i guess ill try rubbing my hands next time!)
4.How satisfying are they?
VERY! even if its merely seconds i am so psyched about it… its the most amazing feeling ever
5.How long are they?
the longest ive had probably lasted for what seemed like 10 minutes… when i wake up im lucid for about a minute.
6.Did you get to do what you wanted?
I can fly with ease… thats not a problem… it just seems that creating objects is extremely difficult for me (ILL GET IT DOWN!)
7.How much of the population of the world actually understand how to invoke lds?
A long time ago… (LONG TIME AGO) lots and lots of people… nowadays… very few =(… enough people to have movies like “waking life” made

How many people have actually have ld’s?
I have had plenty :cool_laugh:

How many?
Too many to name.I could guess around 25 or maybe 50.

How stable are they and what do u use to stabilize them?
There’re not always as stable ofcourse,in some ld’s I know who I am in “reality” and know that I can do whatever I wish in the dream.In other I just have a feeling like naw that’s not right I gotta be dreaming.And to stablilize my dreams I usually just tend to think about lucidity and increasing it by imaginary words I say whilst lucid.

How satisfying are they?
The good ones which you absolutely can do whatever you wish and I get this feeling an exciting feeling in my stomach of happiness that I’m lucid dreaming those dreams which give me the freedom to do whatever I wish are truly the lucid dreams which I’m constantly try to have…

How long are they?
I all depends.My longest would be around maybe 20 minutes or 10 minutes or so.

Did you get to do what you wanted?
Absolutely…I’m still trying to learn how to do and master mutual dreaming but in my ld’s I get very satisfied.Flying is a delight. :cool_laugh: Ofcourse being with a person which you know you can’t be with is also great :tongue:

how much of the population of the world actually understands how to invoke lucid dreams?
i can’t answer to that quiestion in numbers but what I do know is that there are alot of people lucid dreaming everynight without knowing exactly what it is and what the possiblities are.There are alot of people out there who are just luck :cry: and get to lucid dread everynight without the need of any practice :confused:

Me, too.

2.How many?
I have on average 2 a month for the last 2 years.

Generally very stable. I have tried many techniques including spinning and shouting ‘increase stability’.

Brilliant. I can’t wait for my next.

5.How long are they?
Between 2 and 12 minutes I would guess.

I often totally forget what I wanted to do. I prefer more to explore the dream world and marvel at it (and fly of course!).

7.How much of the population of the world actually understand how to invoke lds?
A very small percentage, I would guess.

I have
2.How many?
roughly 45
Very,Spinning
Very
5.How long are they?
10-15 min
All the time.

Like a few people in here no LDs so far but still trying :content:

1. I have.
  2. About 50.
  3. Mostly stable. I ussualy spin, rub my hands, look up in the sky (always works :smile:), touch the walls…
  4. Quite :tongue:
  5. About 15-20 minutes.
  6. Mostly. Helicopter toss rock :happy:

Here are my answers:

1. ME ME MEEEE!! :cool_laugh:
  2. 5: I’ve only counted the stable and long ones, though
  3. They are stable most of the time. When they become unstable, I concentrate on the dreamworld to get my stability back.
  4. They are very satisfying
  5. Most of the times 15-20 minutes
  6. Sometimes I did, sometimes not
  7. I never asked… :bored:

Greets,

Thor

1. Yeah - I’ve had 'em!

2. Total? Maybe a couple dozen.

3. Every LD seems to be a precarious balance of concentration. In the past, I’ve used the rubbing hands technique, although recently I’ve been having luck with verbal commands… “increase lucidity!”

4. I find LD’s extremely fascinating. I’d say that the most interesting aspect is that the dream body that I interact with is just a type of residual self-image. A construct of my own imagination.

5. Anywhere from a couple of seconds to seven (or so) minutes.

6. Some of what I wanted - not all of it. So much to do, so little time…

7. I know of few people who are remotely interested in dream research (which may be why my ambition to keep practicing LD techniques has a tendency to falter). But then again, I am one of those computer geeks that doesn’t get out much. :slight_smile:

I have become lucid, 7 times so far (3 in October), to stabilise I’m looking at my hands and touching walls, netting, fences and other dream objects so far. I have always forgotten to rub my hands - hopefully next time I won’t and I’ll end up at Jeff’s Corner. Spinning - well I tried that a long time ago when the dream was fading and it didn’t work. But I think it has to be done before the fading begins.

I wonder actually - was the waiter going to Jeff’s Corner when I stopped him in my last LD?
:cool_laugh:

1.How many people here have actually had lds? me
2.How many? 6 or 7
3.How stable are they? What do you use to stablize them? sometimes very short and I’m unable to concentrate hard enough to influence anything. Other times I’ve been able to make things appear and in yesterday’s I did lots of reality checks. I’ve used the spinning technique several times and it works quite well.
4.How satisfying are they? I’m not 100% happy with them yet
5.How long are they? 15min - the longest
6.Did you get to do what you wanted? a few things but it would be nice to change location. Nearly all my lucid dreams take place in my room.
7.How much of the population of the world actually understand how to invoke lds? no idea, not many i expect

1.How many people here have actually had lds? Me
2.How many? 21 so far.
Depends, Tried spinning and saying lucidity*1000
The first one was amazing. After that they have been too short and usually low lucidity
5.How long are they?
from a 2 sec to 1 minute
Mostly, usually only have time to do one thing. That thing is usually whatever i thought about doing in a LD before going to bed.
I would say probably less than 1%

1.Yes, I had LDs
2.About 18.
3.Not very stable/low-level, I spin and rub my hands
4.They’re low-level, but motivating
5.a few secs - 3 minutes
6.Usually no, I have very small control
7.Maybe 1%, but I’m optimistic here :smile:

Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:48 pm Post subject: Poll: Lds

just wondering.
yup
2.How many?

mm not sure
some are more stable than others… stabilizing i think involves consintration… i guess everything is like placebo…

quite
5.How long are they?

depending sometimes like an hour… sometimes like umm a few minutes…
yup well normally they might not be compleatly what i have been

i think everyone if they have they have the will power to do so

Pretty old topic recently revived. . .

Count me in.
2.How many?
Around 300. I’ve lost track over the years.
My high lucidity ones (or my WILDs) are pretty stable. I don’t really do anything to stablize them because they are already stable. If I feel myself fading (rarely happens) then I will imagine a dreamscape and it will quickly appear.
Very
5.How long are they?
It’s hard to say. On average, I guess 10-20 minutes. I could be off, though.
It depends.
Heck if I know. Not enough!

1. I have. :smile:
  2. Oh, I have never counted… I have a lot of lucid dreams during the summer, pretty few during the school year, and I had my first in summer 1999, so what would that add up to? I’d have to think about it for a while to come up with a good estimate.
  3. Stability varies. I usually use spinning or hand rubbing to stabilize them if things are fuzzy.
  4. If I have an intention in mind and can remember to carry it out, or if I can think of something interesting to do, then they’re pretty satisfying. If I just go around stupidly, they are not very satisfying.
  5. It depends. Probably anywhere from 2 minutes to maybe 30 minutes.
  6. I have carried out intentions formulated while awake. If I do this, it usually makes my dreams the most interesting.
  7. I have no idea.

I have!!!been doing it for 3 years.
2.How many?
geez-have to go through the old dream diaries to get that no. prolly about 120 give or take 10
.usualy stable,once they start to fade i use either spinning or yell “increase lucidity now!”
Very
5.How long are they?
hmmm,dunno-from 3 min shorties to marathon 3/4 of an hr or so i guess was the longest
No ive been denied some stuff-like trying to meet a famous person or getting hit by a car-my fault tho.
hmmm,to understand how to invoke lucid dreams would imply that they had actually acheived lucidity because its nice to know a technique but often they wont work for some people, so to say that all the people subscribed to the forum understood how to invoke lucid dreams would mean they knew a way that worked and they knew it worked because it had worked for them right?
yeah 13 mill is prolly right for people that knew of techniques(read them attempted them e.c.t.) but the amount of people who hav actually proven the method by having an ld because of it may be closer to 10 mill or lower?-not sure on that one

I have…
2.How many?
Three
Mine weren’t that stable… I realized I was dreaming, then the realization faded quickly. I had no techniques… I didn’t know about this site when I had LD’s.
Very… wake up happy and refreshed.
5.How long are they?
Mine didn’t last that long… average 1 min.
I did at the time. I wanted to fly, and I did. The most amazing feeling. Plus, I was in HS at the time. Got to kick some kids asses. Woke up happy :grin: But after reading about LD’s I wanna do so much.
7.How much of the population of the world actually understand how to
invoke lds?

Hmm… How to invoke? I would say around 15%. Who actually CAN invoke? Less than 10%

I have
2.How many?
1st not stable at all, but second was excelent and clear
4.Satisfying?
Very
5.How long are they?
1st - bout 3 seconds :content: 2nd - 20 mins
Yes although i had trouble with flying, but i could jump really high
7.How much of the population of the world actually understand how to
invoke lds?
aprox 5%

I have

2.How many?
A bunch

Touch something, spin

Ultra much!

5.How long are they?
Average - 10 min

Usually

:shrug:

Thanks for asking :alien:

I have

2.How many?
First one last night.

I never had any trouble stabilising mine, until I fell after flying and woke up.

LD sex is short, but sweet. Flying is tiresome, but rewarding. The whole thing is amazing.

5.How long are they?
Varies. Average is about 10mins, mine was about 2 mins. Probably due to failing flying.

The combination of sex and flying is as appealing as it sounds.:wink:

I asked 7 people, and only 3 knew. Most people know how to invoke them, hardly any know the specifics, or even the proper name.