Would ADD medicine affect dreams?

I take adderal XR for my ADD and I was wondering if it could effect my dreams? It usually wears out by the time I go to sleep, but I was courious if it could. I know another friend with ADD and his Adderall gave him nightmares so bad, he stopped taking it. I haven’t had any nightmares as of late(or in the past year really).

ADD= Attention deficit disorder

I guess that everything that helps you to concentrate is helpfull towards lucid dreaming.If not directly then in techs like WILD and selfhipnosis.
Dont know this medicine tho,Jeff or Davion might tell you more.

Anyways, Adderall XR, according to my research, affects the neurotransmitter dopamine. I am unable to find how exactly it affects dopamine, but I also find some sources that say that it sometimes supress dreaming. I’m not too certain though.

Jeff might have more useful advice for you. :smile: At least I tried. lol!

Goddamn, why are we so eager to medicate these days? I would honestly reccomend that you don’t take any add medication unless you’ve got like sever adhd. It’s just a way to trick people into giving lots of money to cure their children of this “learning disability”. I have ADD, and thank god my mom never put medication. My grades are fine now, I get along just fine in school. . . And I have a friend who was just recently put on ritalin. He’s very iritable now, and just in general an anus. He used to be alright, pretty calm, but now he’ll scream his head off at you for some dumb little thing. Caused me to avoid hanging out with him, and our group to exclude him from activities. From what I hear, ritalin also kills creativity.

Aderall is an amphetamine, it stimulates the release of both dopamine and adrenaline. This prevents you from sleeping. If you say it has worn off by the time you are going to bed then this probably means you have passed the half life of the drug ( Half life is the time it takes to eliminate half of what is in your body). It could still be affecting you without you noticing but just not enough to prevent you from sleeping. I know when I take amphetamines it affects my dreams. A common side effect when it is wearing off is insecurity or paranoia, this is probably why your friend gets nightmares. It probably makes you sleep less deeply than if you went without the aderall, and all that adrenaline tends to eliminate alot of your seratonin, (Hence depression after amphetamine binges) thus most probably decreasing your chance of an LD or at least making it alot more difficult.
Sorry if I bore you, i’m droning on a bit…

I agree completely. I’ve got mild ADD apparently, but it’s a part of my personality, not a disorder. And I wouldn’t take any medication to get rid of any part of my personality. Of course, like I said, it’s only mild so I don’t really know what I’m talking about. I suppose if it seriously interferes with stuff you need to do then it might be worth getting medication.

Anyway.

Totally agree! Medical industry earn shitloads on it…

Probably cause most of this drugs is very similar to lobotomy… only difference is that it is done chemically by drugs :sad: pretty sick indeed…
They change your personality completly and make you act more “normally” after societys standards i guess…
Though i guess that this drugs are the only way in severe cases, if the person suffers alot that is…

I think I relised why i feel so relaxed with on Adderal, I’m reading a book on OCD(which I apparently have a mild affliction too) and it seems that in some people with OCD and ADD, Adderal can also work to lower the negative effects of OCD. Perhaps that’s why I seem to be in a less stressful state while on it. Ya know, now that I think about it. During the summer I didn’t take adderal and I hadn’t noticed anything odd about my sleep paterns dreamwise, I didn’t record as much or do RC as much, but nothing drastic.

I usually feel better about myself due to the adderal which is probaly why I never saw a bad change in personality becuase it can limit OCD. I think I’ll try to see if a personality change happens without the medcine for a few days.

Btw, I do usually find that the best way for me to get to sleep is to masturbate before going to bed, do you guys think it might have something to do with the above brain chemicals you mentioned(like serotin )?

Any other info on drugs effecting my personality through adderal would be helpful to know. Becuase I always wondered if it was hurting my creativity.