Lucidity Enhancing Techs

Which lucidity enhancing techs work for you guys and which do not?

I have tried looking at my hands in one of my lucid dreams and that did work a little. But I had 2 lucid dreams last night and the 2nd one I tried to enhance my lucidity. First I tried looking at my hands, but that didn’t work at all. So then I tried yelling ‘clearity X 1000!’ but that didn’t work either. Then I remembered the spinning technique. I have not really thought about tring that because I didn’t think it would work for some reason. I decided to try it. The funny thing though, is that I was standing near a wall, and in my dream I was real agile and could not control fast movements too well. So when I spun around, I got 3/4ths the way around before smacking face-first into the wall. I got up and it did seem like before I hit the way my lucidity increased greatly for a second. I tried it again and this time managed to advoid the wall and my lucidity ‘went through the roof’! The dream now seemed just like real life.

So how about you guys? What works for you and what doesn’t?

Spinning and hand rubbing works for me. There are excercises you can do IRL to increase your awareness also, like studying an object in front of you then looking away and visualizing it to the intricate details. I think it would be interesting to do a study on what pain does to lucidity enhancement. Does it increase or decrease it? Any comments would help!

Edit: And of course, the best technique to use for anything, is asking your dream characters/symbols how to do things. Next time you become lucid, ask a dream person or thing (chairs and pens, etc, included), how to become more lucid. It will work.

I heard about experiments (on rats - if I recall it right). It seemed that a certain brain chemical or hormone increases when the animal spins IRL.

But I cannot give any link or other resources about this research. I don’t even remember who told me… :grrr:

Anyway. I guess it was someone at the forum here…
If anyone knows what I am talking about, please post a link! :smile: :grin:

I remember: the experiments -on rats, indeed- revealed that spinning produces theta-waves in the brain and those are VERY important in REM-sleep. That’s why spinning works, it produces new REM-sleep. It was Jeff who told about this, he referred to an article he found on medline but I can’t find it there (BTW very slow computer here at work :grrr: ) so I cannot give you the link :sad: . Could be easily tested at night if you have an EEG-machine (a device that records your brainwaves).

Hi
I tryed hand-rubbing,commands and looking out for lights (tholey suggested to look at light bulbs or something for short).
Commands worked great.I got lucid and instantly knew that i am about to wake up.I said/thought “stabilize the dream” and suddenly everything was more stable.Then i thought “lucidity x 1000” and my vision was clear.
The other two techniques didn´t work,but i only tried them once.

For some reason i also never tried spinning cause i didn´t believe that might work,but perhaps i´ll do in my next lucid dream since most of you say it´s the best technique
So much to try and so few LDs… sigh
Traumgänger

Well I finally found that article you’re talking about, did a medline search on BioMedNet ( bmn.com ). Here’s the abstract, if you want the whole article you will have to order the document or do a search in the university library :grin: .

Poor rats :sad:

Today I had the craziest dream, or who knows what it was really. I was asleep when all of a sudden I remembered that I wanted to wake up but there was this creepy voice telling me not to wake up, I was kind of freaked out but I tried not to really make a big deal about it. I asked that “voice” what it wanted, but all it did was get smaller and weaker until I was able to hear my uncles voice in the background which gave me even more ambition to wake up but there was just a pounding noise at the back of my head and I couldn’t move my body at all. :bounce: Does anyone know what that was about?

Yeah Daydreamer45, it was just Satan trying to take over your body. Nothing to worry about.

Hah hah, go do some more reading one sleep paralysis, daydreamer.

I certainly will dig it up! :smile:

Got it!
Anyone interested? :smile:

Yea! Me! Me!