Is humour increased in dreams

I’ve noticed that humour increases in dreams. I make more jokes and more people laugh. Although most of the time it is me making the jokes, i am not like that in real life.

Have you noticed this?

Also i have noticed that my emotions are also increased in dreams (especially LDs)

I’ve noticed this, but I’ve also noticed that the jokes aren’t really funny once I wake up (when I remember 'em)… Someone posted a dream about giving a comedy routine, and anything he blurted out would make the audience laugh. Hmmm… I can’t find the link to it…

most definetly. I had a dream once where i was sitting and chtting witha movie star, cracking jokes and such…the jokes i was telling were funny as hell at the time, but when i remebered them later, they either diddnt make sense, or were just stupid. I think they were funny because i WANTED them to be funny. kind of an accidental lucidity

i know what ya mean… all the time i make jokes in dreams, they are the dumbest possible jokes anyone could say usually, and anybody i tell them too starts laughing histerically. :cool_laugh: for some reason i think they’re funny too… in the dream that is :eh:

Hm… I don’t ever make jokes in dreams. I actually rarely speak in my dreams. Most everything is observation, but hey, I guess once again dreams reflect reality… :neutral:

Hi
Strange,i like joking IRL,but i can´t remember i ever did this in my dreams.My dreams are either “serious”,frightening,nice or just wierd,but for some reason they are never funny.But perhaps i am going to make some jokes in my next dreames,often things happen there after we talked about it here :smile:

Traumgänger

Yeah, stupid jokes that people make in dreams seem so bloody funny, but really they’re just complete rubbish. Its not just jokes that are funny, I quite often see really strange things and I just burst out laughing. I quite often wake myself up from laughing to hard (When this happens I’m laughing in real life aswell).

I vaguely recall having humour and laughing in dreams. But, the last night, I was sleeping in a hotel room with my older sister. She was out late for some reason, and I was asleep when she returned. Today she told me that when she came into the room, I was laughing loudly even if I was sleeping… But I don’t recall any dreams from this night… Aargh!

In a recent dream a dream character told me the following joke.
DC : knock knock?
Me: who’s there?
DC: Arshoo
Me: Arch…
DC: SHOO!

It didn’t make any sense and so I told him it would be funnier if it was like this:

DC : knock knock?
Me: who’s there?
DC: Arch
Me: Arch Who?
DC: Bless you!

lol: :rofl: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :rofl: lol:

That is hilarious… I will remember that one for a while. :content:

Last night I had a dream where I put people in stitches over my jokes, but I don’t remember what they were. I said something like “old bag, new bag, red bag, blue bag.” :eh:

Hmmm… sounds more like a philosophical statement to me, monitor…

Old is to New as
Red is to Blue

Time and colors… are they both just induced by our sensory system… ? :content:

Before that I had said “What’s in the baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag?” and they all started dying laughing. :eh:

Heh heh, perhaps it was your more concious mind listening and laughing at your aware self, “man I am stupid, but isn’t that hilarious?” … I would hope not! :content:

Well, it seems everyone’s a critic these days. Last night, I had a dream where I told a joke, then one dream character said to another, “Every time he opens his mouth, his I.Q. drops by 40 points.”

That ticked me off! :grrr:

lol monitor you have some funny dream characters, every time you open your mouth your iq drops by 40…thats really funny

It was weird, because I don’t remember ever being insulted like that in a dream before.

Lol Monitor 199a.

Some of my dreams are funny with hindsight, especially failed RCs, but I’m afraid I don’t find many laughs in my dream-world. It’s all very intense and urgent. I certainly don’t remember any DCs making jokes. Looks like we’re all realising something about ourselves in this thread! I have a funny, dry, cynical sense of humour IRL so maybe my serious dreams are the “shadow” of what I repress with my cynicism.

In a lot of my dreams that have content similar to that of nightmares, I find myself laughing inwardly the whole time while I’m having them. For instance, on time this scary old lady had killed her husband and then we found his severed arms in her car, but instead of being scrared, I started chaseing after her and saying “whoooooooo… I’m the ghost of you’re husband I’m I’ve got no aaaarrrrmmmmsss…” and also (rather like a 6year old) “no-arms no-arms na-nee-na-nee nah nah” and giggleing inwardly as the hysterical lady ran franticly away. The people around me were horrified that I found it all a big joke. :gni:

Maybe my humourous taint on frightening concepts means that I am repressing feelings of fear with a facade of light-heartedness? who knows? (who cares?)

Nope! 4 me not more or less then in waking live…hmm…
maybe when iam stoned in a ld again i try laughing…hehehehe
That will train my dream abs…

:cool_laugh: