Ready to become lucid

I’ve read everthing in and out and I can’t figure out exactly how I would go about actually entering the lucid state. I’ve gotten to the point in which I can remember at least one dream every night and sometimes three. Now what can I do to take it one step further? I have a program called BrainWaveGenerator that helps with my remembering of these dreams but so far nothing lucid.

All you need to do for a strat is keeping dream diary,perform as many reality checks as you can remember and look for dreamsigns(most common and most often dreamed objects,people,things,emotions).
Once you realize about them its gonna be easier to turn lucid by simple association(i know what i dream most often so im more suspicious when i see those things).
Only performing rcs do the thing for most people.Now just be patient and expect it any night:)Keep your motivation high:)
good luck:)

I have got a couple funny expearences and I think I’m moving up to a LD. I had a shared dream and I have finaly in my whole life remembered 2 dreams in a night. To me thats a lot. I’ve also noticed i’m more aware in my dreams. I confused why the boy prayed at the table. He can’t play tennis. Stuff like that. Could my beliefs be true? Second post.

(psst… you better change your name before a mod finds you out. Aah… flashbacks of horrible banning…)

Em, welcome to the forum, and Brainwave Generator only has effects while you listen to the file, so you can use it to become lucid or WILD. I would recommend you have experience with WBTB and MILD before you use BWGen, they are the best induction methods for most people. Please take the time to look up these terms as they are very important, especially WBTB combined with MILD for beginners…

Why? Was someone banned with this name?

Um, no. His name was “I got gas” , the only alias I saw him with. He converted it to French, and had other aliases as well, but he got banned with the term “I got gas”. So, uh, better watch it. The owner of this forum is
Female and not a disgusting American like some of us. It is to my understanding that the U.S. has a relatively high tolerance of “appaling” things, so you might not want to push it with this diverse-ish forum. I respected the guy that got banned too, but he was just pissing off the mods real bad and didn’t know when to stop. Well, we’re off topic. Until another question comes up.

O it wasn’t me lol. :content: LD is cool. I wish I could do it. Still trying to.

Hi -

I am a official newbie. I learned LD in far different way then most people here did, and I am not real up to date on the official terms either. I learned LD because I had a recurring nightmare and I was a sleepwalker. After I destroyed my house for the third time after a long night fighting monsters, my parents nearly flipped and I spent many a night strapped to the bed. That was a very long summer, and I learned alot. I have played with it alot since and I can sum up years of experiments into one technique.

LD deals with the subconcious and most of us don’t have concious control of it. It is a whole different animal (of sorts) then us (the concious mind). So how do you kick this whole thing off when you don’t any control of it?

Start with something you do have control of! I noticed along time ago my breathing patterns while in deep trance/sleep are very shallow, almost non-exsistant.

If you mimic that pattern your body can do one of two things… Take a breath, which is it’s first choice. Or two go into a state where it can survive on the air you are allowing it. Warning - This can be can be very scary. The hardest thing is getting used to it when you first go in and your body will fight you everytime. But as you repeat the process time to enter state drops considerably. I am not a doctor - I don’t believe this is any more dangerous then holding your breath. But I cant be held responsible should you try it.

While you are doing this imagine taking a journey. See it in your mind in great detail and involve all the senses. Tie your breathing to your foot steps along the journey. As you begin to struggle controling your breathing… Work that into your “journey” by struggling up a hill or diving to the bottom of the sea. Do so with a sense of urgency. The idea is to maintain breath control and distract your mind - tie the two action together. Distracting your mind takes priorty over breath control. I will usually follow a wisp - fish wot ever as it guides me down. Being a guy my guide is typically some sexy nymph or something. Always female and always sexy to keep my attention. I will lose her and be forced to sniff for her perfume or listen for her giggle and then I am off on the hunt again.

A couple of tips.
Remain Calm - Being scared in state is pure HELL.
The best model I can offer is …
Your Sub-C is in control, but looks to you (the concious) mind for guidence. If you get scared and are in state it will think you want to be scared and will take you there. Believe me you don’t want to go that route.

One of the first signs is your body cooling and you will feel what seems like a heavy blanket work it way up from your toes. That is your body “Locking out”. Later on that will be replaced with a quick twitch - usually the hands or feet. To break the lock and RUIN the exercise wiggle a small muscle such as your piggies, ears or maybe your nose. Use of big muscles will not work once the lock is in place and you will scare yourself silly.

if you do your work right you will get so into your journey that after a while it will dawn on you that your not breathing (almost) and the absence of it will startle you.

I need to go… Best I can do in the short time I had.
Run with this and so where it takes you.

-Misj

I’ll try that out tonight mis, it sounds similar to sleep paralysis, this locking up part.

All I can say is welcome to the forum, Misjief… and I’m sorry about the nightmare/sleepwalking combo. That really sucks.

Hmmm… I seem to have lost my LOOOONG post I was working on.

Bummer. :angry: Here is my new improved post.

Regarding the nightmare/Sleepwalk thing. Yes it sucked at the time and terrified me (and My Family) beyond belief. That was then and this is now. Now I really have benefited from that experience and continue to do so. A small price to pay in the long run. Thanks for the thoughts though. The reason I mentioned it was to tell you where I was coming from - in an opposite direction then most of you. I am hoping to trade secrets with you guys in passing!! (I am writing a book on a related topic and you guys are research!)

I already learned something from you guys!! Remember when I was talking about voluntary control to force an involuntary reaction? Here is another one I use automagicly. But first let me build on my last post. I talked in depth about the use of senses. Basically the idea is to go there and describe it RATHER then describing it and trying to go there. There is a profound difference and that difference is key. As long as we are talking senses - How many are there? Sight, Hearing, Touch and Smell\Taste. Depending on how you count the last set there are four or five sensory descriptors right? WRONG! There are at least 6 maybe more. So what did we miss? The sense of “Balance” - In my lost post I drone on why and how it is important. Take my word for it. It is important. So when you are trying to “Trip” load up on sensory descriptors that involve balance. Shift your weight and feel gravity and momentum work with your body as you move about in your inner world.

A quick review of my first post.
When you start off… Take two cleansing breaths (think underwater swimming) then start doing your breathing patterns. Basically think of a sign wave with your inhale as the upper part of the cycle and exhales as then lower half. The goal is to lengthen and flatten the cycle as a whole. From here we are going to do a guided meditation to drive a deeper state.
That is the journey I was talking about to distract your mind.

Here is where the second (and third) trick comes into play. Roll your eyes in a circle when you are starting out on your trip. This does a couple of things. First off it will add weight (validity) to your sensory descriptors involving balance. How so? While you tend to look where you are going - so your body automatically shifts it’s “mind weight” in that direction. Feel your body “move” and feel momentums and gravities pull as you move about. People tend to think of sleep a period of inactivity. Wrong. However while this is important it doesn’t come into play until later. Initially rolling your eyes (a voluntary action) causes an entopic phenomena (an involuntary motion) in which your central nervous system generates signals seen as bright pulsating geometric forms. Use these visual forms as the building blocks for your journey. Simply watch them and see what comes of it. An idea will pop in your head and all you have to do is follow it. It is kind of like cloud watching or ink blots. Ideally the random shapes will take on a meaning for you and off you go into your inner world.

A quick tangent. Trust between your Sub-C and you is critical. You can’t lie to your Sub-C. It can Lie to you but YOU can’t lie to it. So believing in your sensory descriptors is crucial. Saying I feel/see/smell blah blah while thinking this is ridiculous is stupid and pointless. Don’t do it - it is worse then not doing it at all as you are training your subconscious to not trust you. Actually that is exactly part of what we are trying to repair - the trust between the two of you as stupid as that sounds. It is the only relationship you have that is 24 hours a day. Therefore you have to work on and maintain it 24 hours a day. Don’t’ try to build an inner world where you can jump off building and fly initially. You don’t think you can do it - And therefore YOU can’t. When and if it happens it will be because you sub-c decides the time is right. Remember what I said about the sub-c can “lie” to you. Flying falls under that, and therefore is its choice; you are in the back seat. More on this later.

Here is a model for you to think about - during the day you do what you want and are in control for the most part. Your sub-c is in the backseat and has little (comparably) interaction with you. "he\she\it” is active alright, but everything is a big secret as far as you are concerned. At night the roles reverse, and you sit in the same closet you put “he\she\it” in during the day. That is the situation most people find themselves in. However if you work things right - everything becomes a matter of constant interaction between the two of you. Sometimes you have a more active role and other times “he\she\it” does. This is where the fun begins. Basically your rules for the world stay the same; you just join “he\she\it” in theirs. Their rules are vastly different then yours, hence the control issues and the fact that there in the inner world they remain in control. Think about it from a safety point of view, what happens when you can’t tell reality from a dream? The good new is that they are at your beck and call should you learn to communicate CORRECTLY with them.

Let me know what your thoughts are. If I wanted to be alone in this I wouldn’t be sharing this with you. If this has been helpful send me big bills… Or small thoughts. :tongue:

-Misj

Welcome Misjief,
Excellent posts, I look forward to the book :tongue:
The breath is a powerfull key as in yoga forms or buteyko therapy.

There’s really only one thing you can do. DON’T GIVE UP!!

I don’t understand your post… is that technique a way to slow your breathing… or to enter a LD from the waking state? (WILD, you can mouse-over the abbreviation to get a full description of it)

anyways that’s very interesting and maybe I should try it tonight, although I had a little difficulty comprehending that much information. Give me a break, Thanksgiving break starts tomorrow.

These are some very interesting ideas that I would like to try carefully.
Some mystic states can “trick” the body and mind into a different realm of consciousness, and sometimes involve some danger if done wrong.
I also am not a M.D., but from what I do know, holding or slowing your breath is rarely (but occasionally) dangerous. What is more dangerous is taking fast (hypervertilation-type) breaths right before holding or dramatically slowing your breathing – this can trick the respiratory system into thinking it has enough oxygen (when it doesn’t) because you have reduced your CO2 in the bloodstream (which is the main trigger for breathing).
So, just wanted to add my 2 sense to Misjief’s words of caution.

Peace,
Sruthan

Hi Guys-

FYI-
This is a post within a post. I was trying to find and close the gap and did so while writing the first post. While I lost some clarity - I didn’t want to scrap my original post as it did have some insight. Hence the post within a post. BTW it is rather funny I used the advice I was offering you guys to come up the final answer I offered in my second.

Listen I don’t know what to say. In my excitement I may tell you something that could be deemed as dangerous. I said so myself. I promise you I will never do so intentionally. I am VERY THANKFUL that this is a place where I have someone looking over my shoulder and willing to point out the possible dangers in the vague and confusing map I laid out.

I guess what I am trying to say is I have never been good at directions. I am lost and I am trying to tell you how to get here, to join me for a party. That is a pretty accurate discription. For all I know I walked through a mine field and got lucky.

I already told you guys I got “here” by accident. I pretty much confessed that although I can get here I am not sure how. Basicly I am trying to reverse engineer things. I will bang on one side of the wall and you guys bang on the other side and we will see what comes of it.

I will tell you this … One of the most important factors is motivation. if you are motivated enough you will learn it. I have to qualify that a bit. ANYTHING is possible given time. The catch is that as human beings we don’t have an endless amount of time. It is DANGEROUS to think otherwise. The other important thing is to keep trying. Again I have to qualify this and be more definate in my meaning. People tend to fall into one of two traps. They try the same thing over and over and over… in the exact same manner. Or they try it once and drop it to move on to something entirely different saying they tried it and it didnt work. if someone give you a key and it doesn’t work the first time. Try again. If it still doesn’t work try to do the SAME thing in a different way. Most of the time understanding lies within a paradox. You want an example? oh boy. Well here is one I have observed while in state. Should I tell myself that my hearing is improved and increased by tenfold nothing generally happens (for me)… or I get a small change after a big struggle. However if I tell myself that the outside world is getting louder I will notice a immediate difference. The statements are essentially the same, however there is a suggestion as to where the change occurs within each. Where do you think the change is taking place? In other words did my brain change its state (perception) of the world or did the world actually change state and become louder? The answer is obvious, yet if you look at what statement it took to get the desired effect, that will give you a inside look at what my brain thinks happens. That is Paradox. Now if I took my first attempt as a success and didn’t look further, I wouldn’t have learned the far better way. More improtantly I would have wasted alot of my limited time and energy. As I said before that can be DANGEROUS in a variety of ways. People waste alot if time and energy using drugs to reach state, in a often dangerous manner when there are far more efficient means. You can use this state to stop pain - but sometimes it is detrimential or dangerous to do so. Usually pain indicates danger. If you turn off the alarms but don’t remedy the problem this is very dangerous because now not only does the problem remain but it is unchecked as well.

As far as the set breathing patterns go … This is a natural act you shouldn’t have to use an extreme amount of force. Be creative and be flexiable. Know yourself and the difference between pain and discomfort. What I was describing while slowing your breath is uncomfortable rather then truely painful. If my understanding is correct you do this every night - the difference is you are accelerating the process. Don’t Force anything. I say that and yet I said you have to fight it a bit. The problem is it is all realative. The “force” you use is too light right up till the point where you used too much. Often times the “sweet spot” is super thin and nobody can give you an exact measurement. “Use 10 murgles!!”

I stopped and thought about this and here is my conclusion. I tried to emphasis that the journey is more important then the set breathing pattern, and that you may have to force the breathing pattern at first. I was wrong in that. Here is yet another trick. “Imagination is stronger then willpower.” By that I mean I originally did force my breathing. And that worked. But what worked better is using my imagination to form a journey and then tying my footsteps of that journey to my breathing. I will try to explain better. Tie your left foot to exhale and your right to inhale. Now walk at a normal (brisk) pace within your mind along a flat. Now imagine you are slowly walking up a gradual hill. As you walk further the hill grows steeper (and your pace\breathing slows further still). When I do it now I go very quickly from the flat to the stuggle of the hill - A matter of minutes. But at first it was difficult and took a long time - In such case you have to “walk more” … Do hills instead of fourteeners if you get my meaning.

The best advice I can offer is to be willing to make mistakes. Again I have to qualify and define that. Make INTELLIGENT mistakes. Look before you leap. Try jumping off of a curb before you try a ten story building. Test your assumptions in multiple ways. Bulletproof things… Parachutes work most of the time and are more reliable then most things in life, but would you jump without a backup? On the other hand, how risky is going to sleep? I have to think it is one of the safest things we do in a day. Yet people die in their sleep all the time (Lucky Blastards!)

-Misj