Calea Dream Capsules

Hey considering your pills are 10X Extract Powder, what is the recommended dosage? Any info DreamPill? 24 Capsules for 32.00$ is a little pricey. But the idea is great, I don’t mind the extract, just remember Mentos, the fresh maker, it severly dulls the taste of the horse extract.

Thanks

It might seem pricey, but think about how much plant matter you’d have to buy to make one pill.

I can tell you from experience (I’m a repeat customer of theirs and have bough elsewhere) that they are not out to cheat you, but to give you a solid product at a fair price. Their bags are never light, and they sell active c.z.

Jack - if they are a resin-based extract, then yes, they will work for lucid dreaming. If you can take regular C.Z., you should have no problems with the pills. Like dreampill said, it’s only a matter of your tolerance for ragweed.

1-2 Capsules is suggested. I realize that $32 is a little steep, but it unfortunatly is not cheap to produce. There is around 1/2 a gram of 10X powdered extract per capsule, so that works out to 14 grams of 10X Calea Z. (the equivlent of 140 grams of unprocessed Calea) per bottle. This works out to around $2.28 a gram for Calea 10X. If you look around at the prices other sites are asking for un-encapsulated 10X Calea extract, I think you will agree that this price is very reasonable in comparison (I have seen Calea 10X extract priced at up to $20 a gram). The process is very labor intensive because we do not use high tempertures (the temperture is alway kept under 200 F), adding to expense, as well as packaging expenses (bottles with safety seals, vegi caps which are more expensive than gel caps, labels, printing, and of course labor). We are working on finding ways to cut expenses without compromising the quality of our products, and as demand increases we will be able to bring down our prices. Our goal is to bring the price down to at least $1 per capsule ($24).

Good post Dreampill, and I read yours Davion. Looks as if I will have to test the product. I’m willing to try something new! As my last adventure with Calea was not worth mentioning. Let us try this product out and relay the information on ld4all. When I get the chance I will do just that.

thanks dreampill, calea pill about time. And I do like the look of Mazatec Garden

Late

Thanks DM. My math was bad though, it should read approx. 12 grams of Calea 10X per bottle ((the equivlent of 120 grams of unprocessed Calea) working out to approx. $2.66 a gram for Calea 10X.

When is a good time to take the pill? 45 minutes from when you plan to go to sleep? 35? Should a certain amount of time be given to sleep that night, meaning what if you were only planning to sleep 5 hours is that ok? Or would you need atleast x amount of sleep? Any aftereffects such as tiredness the next day? And one last question would be is it bad for your health to take this on a day to day basis?

thanks

I purchased a bottle of the capsules last week from Mazatec Garden. I began by taking two of the capsules at bedtime. They had little effect although my dreams were perhaps slightly more vivid. Next, I tried sleeping for four hours and then taking them. They had the same limited effect as the first try. Last night I took four just before going to bed. I had one very vivid dream, and the rest of my dreams were fairly interesting. Tomorrow night I plan to sleep for a few hours then take six before returning to sleep if I decide that it’s safe(The recommended usage is 1-2 capsules before bed). I will post the results. I am very pleased that Mazatec Garden has decided to sell the Dream Herb Capsules and I haven’t had any problems purchasing from them recently or in the past. The capsules have definitely had an effect on my dreams, but so far it doesn’t compare to the effects a nicotine patch(absolutely not recommended for non-smokers) has on dreams. I’m trying to find an alternative to the patches, so I have high hopes for the capsules.

Well that sounds like complete **** 32 bux for 4 nights worth (@ 6 pills a night) and dreams that arent even that much more vivid?

Over the past week, I have been using Mazatec Gardens 10X (10:1) Calea Zacatechichi capsules with great results!

Direct link to vendor removed

MazatecGarden sells their Calea in 10X veggie caps, a new product for them. From this, posts and others I was willing to try Calea “again,” as my last experience was not worth mentioning.

On most days, before I would lie down to sleep, I would take 2 capsules. All of these days I had multiple vivid and long dreams. On one day I experimented with 3 capsules with no notable increase in dreams (from the usual 2 capsules of Calea)

On one particular day, I took 4 capsules, experiencing long series of dreams throughout about 8-9 hours of sleep. I filled over two pages in my diary with writings but there were many more dreams I did not record. I awoke this day numerous times ALL of these with dreams either taking place or there was dream sequences. It was at times difficult because my dreams were so long that I was constantly reversing my steps trying to recall all the dreams. I had a strange dream where I was shot in both of my feet and my doctor was also shot in the foot. A strange situation, especially when you wake up and your feet hurt.

On most days I was taking 2 capsules of Calea and I would have long dreams and numerous of them throughout the night. I have been having so many dreams lately I have not been recording them all, too much writing.

As from some previous posts here that I have read, I wanted to review a couple of points:

1. “Active” Calea
  2. Build up of Calea in the body

I’m still a little mystified by the “Active” Calea statement, but I do now believe there is some Calea that may be more mature, or have a greater potency, as I found out from MazatecGarden. I refer to “Active” Calea as being a fully mature product. Mature as in the plant grow cycle. I hope MazatecGarden sticks with what works.

I relate the idea of “built up Calea in my system” and dreams getting better over time, I see myself getting better used to the Calea, my dream cycle, and my sleep cycle, all of these coming together to increase my dreams. I do not believe in the build up of Calea in my system. But the increase of dreams, over this week, is attributed to the Calea, also honing into my dream cycle. Once I hit the zone, I had massively long dreams. I have before had long dreams but not to this extent. NO side effects from the Calea at all. Completely unnoticeable when taken.

In closing, I have briefly stopped using Calea and I do dream more than usual. That is a fact. Although I have not been using the capsules only for a couple of days now, as I await my next shipment. As of yet I have not tried smoking any Calea with the Capsules, I am looking forward to this in the next week or so. Mazatec also sells a smoking blend called “Pipe Dreams”, has anyone tried this???

Direct link to vendor removed

I did not have any Lucid Dreams but my dreams were hella long and plenty vivid. I missed a shitload of dreamsigns. The most noticeable effect of Calea was the lengthening of my dreams, and the amount of dreams in one night, wow………Cool. The day when I took 4 capsules, every time I awakened myself, I was in a dream sequence or there was a long sequence of dreams. I believe I dreamed all night. I proved to myself the placebo myth about Calea as being totally bunk! This stuff works.

Hey give the capsules a shot, what have you got to loose? I just would like to see them a little cheaper. 32$ plus shipping for 24 Capsules. Read the previous posts by “DreamPill.” Mazatec kicks arse, good service. I only take 2 a night with great effect. I am glad I tried some good Calea.

later all~

Also, if drinking the tea or the extract remember a strong mint, or Mentos. Toothpaste before bed works good also.

My health?

Have you tried Calea, Palstapeelo?

No, I haven’t. I could try it, but I’m unsure of its long-term effects. :eh: Do you know if any scientific research has been done on that?

dog.net.uk/claude/calea-zacatechichi.html

This is some scientific stuff about calea.Have to admit that I didn´t read the whole article, but I think it is more about it effects than about health.Anyway, thought it might be interesting

Traumgänger

Hi
Perhaps I will have a vaporzier for some days the next week.If so, I´ll probably try calea another time.
One question:
Somebody in here mentioned a herb that you put in tea to make the tea less bitter (at least I think this post was in this forum).I am not talking about this miracle berrys, it was some kind of herb.Seems perfect to make that tea better, since I don´t know if I really want to drink it another time (combined with the vaporizer)
If anybody knows what I am talking about, please tell me the name of it.

I think your theory makes sense Davion, since those shamans seldom did senseless things.If either drinking the tea or smoking alone would have brought the best effects, they probably wouldn´t drink AND smoke it.

Traumgänger

Palstapeelo, the above article is the only scientific article on Calea I am aware of, and it does not speak much about the health effects. I have read many reports and there seem to be little health effects. When taking concentrated Calea pills or the extract I notice no side effects at all. I usually take them right before bed. I have taken them without sleeping and have noticed very minute effects. Although smoking Calea I find to be strong on my lungs and does give me a effect I can feel that is more pronounced. I don’t really like smoking Calea and have not tried it since my first experience. The pills work continually good for me, with great effects.

Bottom line is I also watch what I eat and like to stay healthy but I don’t worry about Calea, only from my experience. Of course, whom is going to be taking Calea for months on end? I don’t underestimate Chontal Indians, I am sure they have a sense for pharmaceuticals, as most indigenous peoples do. Most indigenous people use powerful psychedelics with caution and respect, but they do use them.

You can also read the article here:
leda.lycaeum.org/Documents/Psych … 6295.shtml

Also traumgänger, if you try smoking Calea with a vaporizer let us know how it goes. I would think this may be a great way to smoke Calea. It may also be much smoother on the lungs. I have not heard of anyone doing this with Calea. I may try this next week if I get my pipe, so I will converse. Although I don’t much like smoking the stuff, but I will experiment.

I’m not sure of the herb you are looking for?? I just use mint to diffuse the taste, although I have heard of some different concoctions. You know some mint herb may work really good with Calea! If ANYONE has tried this please let me know, because mint works great but how about herb mint, or plant mint? Or spearmint? Interesting, you know what also may work with the tea, you could use some coffee creamer with the tea to dilute the concotion. Some Irish cream may work, although it may amplify the taste as certain foods do, I found this out the hard way!

Also Davion gave us some good information here, read his post:
slagt.net/ld4all/viewtopic.p … highlight=

I got my calea form basementshaman.com, 2 ounces of the herb and an ounce of liquid extract. of the two nights that i did do it, i did experience an increase in the number of dreams i did have, and were slightly more vivid than normal, yet not lucid. my theory is that calea enhances what dreaming ability YOU ALREADY HAVE, so know that when going in…

i’m eager to try both the pills and the smoking blend, which is blended with several other dream enhancing herbs.

tonight i down the rest of the extract bottle and smoke a cigarrette, 2 before bedtime, 2 upon waking up for back to sleep method.

hope that was of any help

~~samson

“let the wild rumpus begin” -sendak

I’ve smoked calea z with a vaporizer. It was smoother on the lungs but it actually tasted worse than a calea cigarette (but better than the tea). The effects are comparable if you, as Davion mentioned, keep going until you feel the effects.

What I don’t know is how efficient this is as some herbs (like salvia for example) have a much higher burning point than weed, which is very low (the reason you can vape it at all). Salvia can’t be vaporized effectively as the vaporizer doesn’t get near hot enough. Pot can. Calea seems to be somewhere in the middle from what I can see…

I’ve also tried drinking it in a tea with fresh mint. It killed the smell but not the taste. Didn’t seem to add much to the experience, although I’ve had some success with mint tea on its own. I would recommend keeping some mint tea on hand to chase the calea tea with–but mixing them together won’t accomplish much.

I also tried smoking calea with a vaporizer.
It worked quite good, imho nice taste, and easy to inhale.The only problem is that it takes a lot of time to consume a larger dose…

I’ve had the most success drinking calea tea and smoke a calea cigarette. When you drink the tea you can feel the effects of calea setting in right away. However the taste is unbearable… The only way I could get it down was by having a grape in my mouth and chewing it while I drank the tea.

One note about making the tea… Don’t boil the water. I’ve made the tea a few times and when i jsut simmered the calea I had a nice effect, but when I boiled it I had none. They may be because the active constituents (which i don’t know if any one knows what they are) could be evaporated in the steam.

One suggestion I might have for people who have either A. Bought calea and found it to bitter to ingest and don’t enjoy smoking, or B. people who have the extract and would like to get a better effect: For those of you who can’t stand your raw calea, get sme really big capsules and do it that way then try drinking hot water! Maybe cocoa. I know this isn’t the same as making the tea, but it may be something about either the temperate, the water or the temperature and the water that bring on the effects of the calea, because honestly for consuming the ammounts of calea that some of you did in one night you should be lucid and on the moon. I experienced the same things you described drinking the tea with far far less than one gram of raw leaf.

What’s Ragweed? Do you mean Ragwort, the poisonous yellow flowered plant that is the bane of farmland?