Anisette/Ouzo?

Would a little Anisette/Ouzo drink before sleeping help with getting a lucid dream?

I wonder. I read in an FAQ that anise can help (anisette I presume). So Ouzo which is a greek alcoholic drink, which tastes of liquorice and peppermint, might just do the trick. Remember to drink moderately, and only if you’re of drinking age, folks. Also, don’t drink and drive.

Tonight I’ll be drinking some mini ouzo, let’s see if it really helps me to LD!
It has a liquorice flavour. Well I really have taken less than half a glass of it.

Mini ouzo is the one with a beautiful girl in a mini-skirt…

I’m not from Greece but I saw this bottle once and decided to buy it (because of the beautiful girl…).

Some links on ouzo:
ouzomini.gr/ (Greek site but you can see the girl)
magicaljourneys.com/Lesvos/l … -ouzo.html
greeknet.com/ouzo.htm
archive.salon.com/travel/feature … print.html
sfakia-crete.com/sfakia-crete/raki.html

The last link mentions ouzo and a similar drink (practically the same thing) from Crete called raki:
A few glasses of raki can make your head very clear, an effect which to my opinion is unique to it. After you get to sleep it may happen you have special ‘raki dreams’, which can be more vivid then life: it feels like you are awake and very special things happen to you.

Has anyone drunk raki and had an LD?

The link before the last even mentions a weird dream as a result of ouzo:
"[i]On the first night back from my excursion, I had fallen into a deep sleep in my shelter when I had the distinct and uncomfortable feeling that something was moving toward me along the beach and that I should wake up to chase it away. I tried with all my might to wake up, but my eyes felt glued shut and I couldn’t open them. The thing was approaching fast, faster every second it seemed, and it was determined, perhaps running, and I knew it was looking for me. Although I couldn’t fathom what it was, it felt horribly dangerous and I knew it was imperative I wake up to protect myself.

Yet waking was impossible. My body and eyes were paralyzed. Like a great black shadow the thing was coming across the sand, and still my body was catatonic. Then I could feel it close by, and I knew suddenly this dark and unknown thing was with me in the olive grove. My heart seemed to bang out of my chest, loud enough to hear. I forced myself to climb up through layers and layers of a deep sleep, the sleep of centuries it felt like, and at last I broke out of it and woke up, or so I thought. Pulling myself up on my elbows, I saw what the thing was: a tiny woman in black, no more than 4 feet tall, and very old. She lay down beside me, curled her body against mine and shivered.

Whatever she was, she was very cold and wanted inside. I knew instinctively she didn’t mean inside my sleeping bag – she wanted inside me.

No, I said, you can’t come in. I live here.

She pulled herself closer and her long, damp silver hair fell like sorrow, like misery, like an ancient sad longing. She needed a home, a warm body to live in, a place with a fire. Her face was that of a crone and I could feel her wrinkled icy skin on my cheek. Even her breath felt like the frigid night air of winter. Her eyes seemed bottomless at first, empty, like black holes, but buried deep inside were two brilliant stars for eyes, blazing stars light-years away. Again and again I told her no, which seemed to make her unbearably sad. Please let me in, she pleaded. No, you can’t. This is my body, this is me! For a moment an uncanny intimacy hung there between us as we stared at each other across the distance of two worlds. Her eyes shone so brightly, they burned my own, burned straight through to my inner core. No, I told her again firmly. No. With that, she raised herself up and drifted off down the beach, still shivering and still wanting a home. She left as she had come, with the night breeze.

The incident itself I could easily have dismissed as a bizarre dream, and did in fact do so the next morning when I awoke to the call of the roosters, shaking my head at the previous night’s dark madness. Although the dream had been unusually vivid, perceptible and oddly lucid, it had to be a dream nonetheless. A 4-foot-tall woman in black trying to pry her way into my body? How rude. Crazy. What happened later that day, however, made me wonder how far dreams travel into the waking world.[/i]"

It sounds to me like it could well induce LD’s… Great and promising…

As a result, I had some strange dreams but that’s all.

YMMV - if anyone tried this and had an LD, please add to this thread…

Quote -->Remember to drink moderately, and only if you’re of drinking age

Well that rules me out for this experiment, but I hope it works for you :grin:

Nope - it didn’t work. As I said I only drink a moderate amount i.e. a little…

Ok…this ouzo thing got me inspired. I remembered having a bottle of ouzo at home…but unfortunantley i had already finished it. So instead i started looking for some anise seeds, and i found a bag of them. Im right now chewing a hand full of anise seeds as im typing. Im soon of to bed to try if it helps me recall my dreams or even have a LD!!

i hope it works!
I’ll post the results tomorrow!

sleep tight!